ProPoints This is it ...

Monster Muncher

Chubby Man
Hello, I post this with my tail between my legs and a shameful expression on face ...

I started a thread on here a few months ago, and like past attempts, it started really well but then the loss tailed off, eventually stopped and then I gave up altogether.

Embarassed to say that I have pretty much had a month of eating complete cr*p and my weight has rocketed. I did go on holiday to Spain for 1.5 weeks of last month but nevertheless, I've been a complete glutton, and subsequently, I look and feel massive. I jumped on the scales this morning and was 19st 10lbs, the biggest I've been for ages. :mad:

I'm not making excuses but I have a job that can be stressful at times and a 9 month old son who is sleep averse so it's sometimes not cooking healthy meals.Neither does the fact when I tell the odd other person how big I am, because I'm 6'2" and 'broad' they can never believe it, so it plants a seed of 'maybe I'm not that big afterall', but I know I am, and these are all probably just excuses. I feel awful and think about my weight every day and am sick of it and ready to change.

Trouble is, I've been here before, plenty of times. I swore I would lose weight for my wedding, my family members/friends wedding, the birth of my son and a whole host of other reasons, and like my last attempt, they all peter out. Shameful.

So this thread is my last attempt at getting down to my ideal weight, I've nowhere to go after this. I've tried SW but I think WW fits more in with my lifestyle and am going to continue with this. I KNOW if I stick to it 100% I will lose weight, seems simple, right?

October is usually a ridiculously busy month for us, with 5 close family birthdays - mine, my wifes, my brothers, my sister in laws and my mums! This usually means me making excuses and having 'void' weeks but I'm going to try to avoid this. I am desperate to lose weight and I can still have a nice time without gorging myself or drinking lots. One 'dry' birthday means I can enjoy the next 50 so much more.

Anyway, enough waffle, I'm cycling to work and back today (12 miles round trip) and will be running and exercising (have signed up to a 10k in November to keep me motivated).

I want, no, NEED to be slim, and crucially, be a healthy dad for my son. Hopefully this is the first action towards achieving that.

Wish me luck - I think I'm going to need it!

Start Weight - 19st10lb :(

Hi here to subscribe. You can do it, but you need to do it for yourself not weddings, birthdays or whatever. I used to always try to lose weight for an event I was going to but I usually didn't succeed because I put too much pressure on myself. I'm now doing it for me in my own time this time. I may have blips along the way but I am determined to get there in the end.

Good luck xx

That's a great post, thanks. Yes, I am definitely doign it for myself now. There are nice little 'waymark's alogn the way in the form of weddings or whatever, but not putting myself under any additional pressure. Thanks. :)

You're welcome any time. We're all here to help and we're all on similar journeys. How have you got on today? x

The first two days have gone OK thanks - although I had a stressful day at work yesterday and I was SO close to caving in and having a takeout. I didn't but afterwards I was thinking 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME'?!

Well done on resisting the takeaway. Work stress makes me eat,anything not even what I really want to eat. I'm still trying to manage this myself, but seem to be making progress. You will get there too , I know if I can do it so can you x

Good work on managing the urges. I was so glad I did, as I know I wouldn't have even enjoyed it afterwards and would have regretted it.

Anyway, its the weekend, time for positivity. :)

I've succesfully navigated the weekend. :) I used some weeklies (I've got 19 remaining) but I've also earned 17 activity points.

Hoping for a decent loss on wednesday...

So, it's WI day tomorrow and i'm confident of losing a decent amount. I've cycled 35 miles, ran 2 and walked about 10. I've not used my 21 of my 23 activity points so if I don't see some movement I am going to be gutted!

Good luck for tomorrow x

Not too shabby at all.

19st 4lbs this morning which means I've lost 6lbs this week. Musn't grumble at that.

Hoping for another good one this week.

Well done 6lbs is fantastic x

Thanks! I think it's half to do with stress! ;-)

Despite having pretty much the worst week at work that I've ever had, I've managed to keep on track, and it's now the weekend so I can relax a little.

Most of my problems at work come from having no self confidence and very low self esteem. My weight has undoubtably contributed to this over the years which is a massive reason for me to lose weight, look good and hold my head up high.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm in a similar position, starting well but losing motivation after about a week! You're not alone. Physically I couldn't be more different (5'3, 13 st 10, a woman!) but my feelings about myself are the same. I'm a definite emotional eater who tends to throw it all away after a bad day and eat the house! I'm subscribing because I think we can all pull each other out of our vicious circles! Well done for how well you've done so far. That's a fab achievement!

Hi Rollerbird, thanks for commenting. Do you have a diary?

I've got through another weekend. Yesterday I did the Park Run which is great fun. Only earnt 4 APs though! Today we ate out for lunch after a 2 hour / 5 mile walk. Had a pint and a Sunday lunch (can't believe how many PP roast potatoes are!!!) and really enjoyed it. I also took my son for an hour's walk this morning whilst my wife slept so have earned quite a few APs.

In fact, I've got 9 WP and 22 AP's left this month, so I think I'm going to be on target.

2lbs off this morning. Not too bad I suppose. 8lbs in total in 2 weeks. :)

hey hun stopping by to subscribe!! reading your first post there was def how i felt last year, this year i feel amazing so it can be done! tbh the best thing for me was minimins! kept me motivated, made friends and everyone in the same situation! So i am blaming my lack of minimins on my sts all summer oops lol!

You have had a fab start, well done! before you know it you will be in the 18s and i always find success breeds success! the more you see the lbs coming down the more drive you have to go for more. good luck, cx

Thanks for the comments! Your loss is phenomenal - well done! How did you do it if you don't mind me asking? Was you WW?

hey hun i was ww the whole time, pointing too! I have never tried simple start or f&h, last year it was so much easier I have hit a wall but I also have not been 100% but happy to be maintaining at the min! Hopefully next few weeks with the ww fashion show etc I get back on track more. It seems mad at the start evening thinking you could ever be stones down, i honestly at the start joined got half a stone, a stone, stone and a half thinking omg keep going! it can happen and keep up your good work and motivation will come with the success! promise, now I need you to motivate me before you over take me! ha cx

Back