Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks for that Susie, I do remember one hot sun holiday buying men's boxers to wear. I wore pyjama shorts all day today and felt better and only have 3 early morning short days left, finished by midday so should be okay.

Morning all, well I am officially finished work and had a lie in this morning until 6am. Im so used to waking early now. Had eggs and home and toast for breakfast and a small chocolate biscuit, I am so used to having a proper meal now at 7am. And I had lunch at 2pm and no dinner so was hungry this morning. Two week now until new job and by then I would like to be sugar free, wine at weekends only and ideally vegan...in that order. I also would like to be doing regular exercise, walking, swimming, cycling.
I did want to go away this week, I am craving sun, but no one is available to come with me. I know it has been sunny here but I wont rest here as I will keep seeing things that need to be done. That and the fact that the garden is no longer just mine anymore so as soon as I go out to relax I get joined by other people/babies/animals.
Shopping list written and am hoping to have overnight oats (too hot for porridge) and/or smoothies for breakfast. And I need to make more oat bars, Ive run out.

Well done on finishing work in one piece!

But boy you do need a holiday and more than just a staycation - what about hopping in the car and heading off to a beach for a couple of days?

Morning all, no internet at home so that's why you haven't heard from me.
So I haven't done much of anything this week apart from too much eating and drinking and no exercise. Haven't weighed in yet, Ive to reconnect the Wii to the TV, it was moved when volunteers where her.
Am going away next week just for three nights to West Cork, I was offered the option to go to France to La Rochelle or Biarritz for 4 nights but I felt flying for four nights not worth it and the cost was too high for a short stay. So West Cork it is, hotel on a beach and has a pool and a spa, husband will be spending one of the days in Cork city working but if I have a beach I will be grand alone.
Job starts next Monday and wondering exactly what I will be doing, HR on the phone said holiday cover for 10 weeks and then new project starts in September but contract said new project only. I would prefer to get started straight in and get settled at my own work and my own desk rather than move around each week just covering for someone else and not getting stuck into anything meaningful.

Morning all, no internet at home so that's why you haven't heard from me.

:classic_eek::classic_eek::classic_eek: - Oh you poor thing, I hate life without internet! Glad it's sorted now. The West Cork holiday sounds wonderful - mooching around on a beach, and none of the awful travelling dramas! I said when i came back from Italy that that was it for me for flying for a while - it's just too blooming stressful!

Good luck for work! I'm sure they'll give you your own project, they probably just thought the timing for cover was good for your start date.

You don't realise how much you use/rely on the internet until you don't have it! I hope you have a lovely break! A few days on the beach sounds just perfect!

OK, reality check time.

Reality check number one. Daughter one is bigger than me, a different shape but heavier. So I asked if I could borrow a dress for the break away and took three to try...and they don't fit me. Hips and boobs do but can't zip up the waist on any of them. I know I am apple shaped but the one I could squeeze into I just looked really bad in. A bit of a slap in the face.

Reality check number two. Just weighed in and am now at 77.6kg. Almost 2kg increase. Too be honest I am surprised it isn't more. But what upset me more is that it now brings my BMI to just over 34 which is very concerning. As I said I am surprised it isn't a bigger increase as I feel and look bigger but I think the eating increased my abdomen (remember I said I looked like Winston Churchill in my uniform) but all the running around may have helped legs stay OK...so now I am even more apple shaped and so even more at risk for type two diabetes.

I've really done very little since last Monday other than lots of resting and trying hard to get my body clock back to normal. Yesterday was the first day I had any energy and got lots of housework done. It was also the first day that my feet wern't sore or ankles very swollen ( wearing the travel socks at work really did help). Body clock still not back to normal, I seem to be eating 3 meals between 7 am and 2 pm and then not eating any more. I need to cut down on alcohol, surprisingly doing shift work meant I was drinking more, have wine with " dinner" at 2pm in order to help sleep ready to be up at 2am.
So, I do need a new plan but will wait until Saturday. Going away tomorrow and not only really physically and emotionally need the break but need to reconnect with husband. So will enjoy what a four star hotel has to offer including the spa and pool. Thursday is midsummer's and we went away before at this time of the year and found ourselves sitting in the grounds of a hotel having an impromtu party with two other couples when we arrived out at 10pm with a picnic blanket and a bottle of wine...it was just so bright and so warm. While I'm not planning a repeat a midnight walk on the beach would be nice.
My " lots of swimming " plans won't work put though, reason one I have just discovered the hotel has a salt water pool which drives my skin mad and I can't put my face into it. Reason two TOM due, it seems to be a stop start stop start....I just wish it would hurry up as I have a lovely treatment booked for tomorrow, a body scrub, body wrap, facial and massage. I will feel conscious enough about my size in teeny paper underwear without having to worry about rushing to a bathroom in the middle of it too. Ah well, I'm sure theyve seen everything. Regardless I can still go for walks on the beach.
I'm driving myself early tomorrow, will stop for lunch on the way and take in some scenery and then have a treatment booked. Husband going to work and will meet me for dinner. Then coming home Friday daughters and Oscar to meet us at wildlife park for a fun day out.

So ( yep long post, sorry) 5 day detox to start Saturday. Monday will just be a four hour day and with training Tuesday and Wednesday it should make a detox do able.

Will weigh in again Saturday, not looking for a loss but hoping to stop the gain and then make a plan from there.

Apologies for such a long post and thanks all for listening. Off to change my ticker and stats and get my head in the right place.

Enjoy your time away then once home you can sort out the weight/measurements. Once your back into some sort of work and home routine you can get the eating and exercise sorted.:)

Just in bed and looking forward to going tomorrow.
Brought Oscar and Zara out for a 3.5km walk this morning. Was wearing a sport bra and baggy t shirt. On the way back I felt a tickle at that part of your back you can't reach, then a sting, and then definitely a bite. It hurt and seemed to be under the lower part of bra strap. I couldn't get to it and felt it bite again. I thought it was a flea or midget or even a teeny spider or at worst a tick. Then another really sharp bite that hurt a lot but sent a shot of adrenaline or something to my brain. Got home and called for daughter to help me see what it was. As I was takingy t shirt off she said a horse fly flew away. She could see two very clear bites and they where bleeding. I've been bitten by them before and don't normally feel it like that and just get a small bump. But was already starting to feel a bit tingly and woozy. So disinfected it then put some antiseptic on it and immediately took a Piriton. Never taken them before and was.feeling a bit weird but honestly don't know if that was the medication or the bite. Had a nap but not back to 100% until.anout 5 hours later. Hopefully all will be fine in the morning. I didn't get a big bump.at the bite site but feeling a little itchy now, fingers crossed we got it in time.
I've never had a big problem with insect bites, yep working in the garden I get them but never really felt them or had any reaction
But then last week I got what seem.to be spider bites on my arms, 7 in all, and am still marked by them. My immune system must be really low so really is the to take stock of things.
Sleep well all...and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Oh crikey you poor thing! I hate horse bites, they leave me with enormous welts. Just take it easy - and start taking turmeric, it's great for your immune system.

Shame about the hotel pool only being salt water, but hopefully the break will be a chance to get your body clock back to normal before you start your new role.

🙋Hi Tippy..pleased to see you've wrapped that crazy crazy job and have took off for a bit of a break..Cork is always one of those places I fancy visiting but have never been, need to get it back on the list.
Wow, one hellish reaction from the horse fly bites:classic_eek: maybe worth carrying piriton when you're out & about just in case! I think I'd mention it to the GP as well.
I'm sure once your body clock gets back to normal and you can start eating meals at proper times & squeeze in some exercise that you'll be getting rid of the Winston Churchill look in no time..shift work is notorious for making people pile on the pounds... You'll get there X
Oh, and by the way..have you found out if you're getting your order of a blonde pink one this time? 😸 Pink or blue, they'll be beautiful..wish I was getting one, 7yrs since we had a baby in the family..I'm green with envy 🍼💚

Thanks all, well the two bites turned out to be 7, I have 7 lumps on my back that every now and then getting itchy. Husband has some magic bite lotion he got in France that he keeps putting on for me. So glad I took the piriton straight away.
Hotel is amazing, its on the biggest beach I have ever seen. So sorry we have to leave today as the sun is out, the day is hot and the tide just coming in. But the sea is so cold, it's called the wild Atlantic for a reason.

Good morning all, home and awake and getting ready to start to behave myself. I'm sticky with aloe vera as I have sunburn and covered myself with aloe vera to ease it. We had a nice family day out yesterday, 4 adults and one toddler in a wildlife park, great fun. Of course he had more fun in the sand pit at the playground than in the park but he was certainly in awe of the giraffes
And we got to see the cheetahs being fed, they put the food on a zip line and whoosh off it goes and the cheetahs chase it.Dinner in the garden, ended up being just rice as I burnt the burgers on the BBQ. And lots of white wine...and that's it for now.
I am now going to behave and shrink properly and eat sensible food. I promise.

Welcome back! That cheetah feeding idea is a brilliant one, i bet they moved like lightning after it!

Shame about the burgers, how did you manage to burn them? :)

OK The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Day one

Weight: 78.4kg
BMI: 34.38
Arms: 35cm
Bust: 106cm
Under bust: 96cm
Waist: 102cm
Hips: 112cm
Thigh: 62cm

So as usual my daily rant will be here and actual food and exercise in my diary here https://www.minimins.com/threads/tipperary-is-shrinking.357508/

Target one still the same, to be overweight rather than obese so a BMI of 30 for me is 68kg.
Not setting a specific time frame but would like to see a positive change by end of summer.

Breakfast now I am having porridge. Too hot for cooked porridge and didn't make overnight oats but lately have been having porridge oats with a grated pear and almond milk. But we had no almond milk so just put cold water into it this morning, and guess what...its fine. So that's a few calories saved. Having that with a cup of hot water with lemon.
I have the last vegan breakfast fajita thingy out of the freezer for later and some bean and rice salad (last nights dinner leftover).
Will clean the kitchen later and go through what food we have, I want to have some emergency lunches made to bring to work. I need to make some more oat bars. I have some Iceland Indian meals in the freezer, the lentils in particular are lovely and very low fat.
Want to buy some fruit and more green veggies. I have skinny noodles and will get some peppers and make stir fry with greens.

I need to make sure I get some exercise every day, I must drag the bike out while the weather is still good.

OK, Ive started. Statistics and Ticker updated

Welcome back! That cheetah feeding idea is a brilliant one, i bet they moved like lightning after it!

Shame about the burgers, how did you manage to burn them? :)

Lit a BBQ outside when we got home (its a chimenia but or griddle pan fist on it perfectly) and flung all the burgers on before the flames died down and then went and ran a bath for Oscar.

Back