Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Yes ditto what Charlotte says - don't push yourself into doing exercise. I know you really like the benefits of it, but you've got so much happening and it can all be exhausting!

Just take care of yourself, and cross fingers work goes for your carer option.

Thanks. Im not planning on a marathon but walking from the car park to the office has me out of breath and i know i cant let that continue.

Up early this morning. Has a few cups of hot water and lemon. The had a slice of toast with butter and ham. Went for a 2km walk, slowly. Was out of breath and chest tight but that actually eased as i walked. Had half a breakfast smoothie when i got back, ijust made it smaller as i knew i couldnt stomach a full one.
Off out now for a meeting and need to do some shopping. Lots of veg on the list. Pea and spinach soup made for the week and already in the freezer.
Hoping to go for another short walk later and will weigh in tomorrow. Dont have to go to Dublin this weekend after all.

Hope you have as relaxing a weekend as possible tipp. Take care hunny x

Meeting ran late, i drove to the supermarket but didnt feel up to going in. I felt a bit weak, i dont know if i was just tired or hungry or what. So came home and had soup and another slice of toast and ham. Then had a 30 minute nap. Washing and ironing done and going for another short walk.

Had more soup n two crackers at about 5pm. Went for another short 2km wk then with husband. Did get a bit out of breath but was talking the whole time. Had a burger 1 new potato and 2 asparagus spears. I would have had more asparagus but husband had put salt on rhem, i dont like salt.

So managed to sleep and up now at 7am which is late for me. Going to put on a wash, everyone here dors thefe own except for the towels which just build up. Though its raining so may not get them dry.
I downloaded a meditation app last night and it seems good. Lots of guided meditations for different scenarios and it seems good.
Trying to pysch myself up to weigh in. My body seems to have go e into panic mode so i reckon weightis over 85 and bmi has hit probably 36...thats when my body usy starts very loudly complaining.

Was on instagram yesterday and an add popped up for a Keto app. Ive heard a lot about Keto but not bothered much however for some reason yesterday i followed the link. I know i am way to heavy on carbs but also im not keen on much meat and try to limit dairy and eggs. So that will make keto hard. However this appowed you choose your meats, your fats and your veg so wkuld tailor a plan to what you would eat. Then of course after all the questions and promise of a plan you had to purchase it. A special 15 minute only offer of €30 instead of the normal €70. I knew it wouldnt be free but my head had a limit of €10.
So i began looking up keto books and other apps and havent found an all round good one. Any suggestions, as ive said i am too reliant on carbs and dont get enough protein. Is their a specific keto forum here.

Anyway about to appoach the scales, will ne back soon.

News isnt as bad as i thougt.
Its been 31 days since last weigh in and ive put on 0.5kg. I rely thought it was much more. So official numbers are

Weight 82.7
BMi 36.27

Not good at all.
So im right about my body in panic mode. It can just about cope with a BMI of 35 but once it hits 36 my lungs and heart struggle.

Having mint tea with lemon now and going to go for a walk. Smoothie ready for when i get back, changed it slightly and took out some of the porridge and replaced it with ground almonds. An attempt to lower carbs and increase protein.

As i didnt do the shopping yesterday i can add a few more things to it, some nuts and chicken.

Still mulling over the ides of keto and how it would fit into work. I bought another cheaper unbranded smoothie maker andcould bring it to work. That would allow me stretch the time between dinner and breakfast as i could havebreakfast at work before i clock in.

Lots to think about, all suggestions welcome. I have two weeks before holidays, two weeks of holidays (where i hope to be more active) and then back to a summer long plan.

That's only a very small gain Tipp, you'll get rid of that in no time - but all the other stuff you describe, you sound to me like you've been having anxiety attacks? Not at all surprising, considering everything that's going on. I used to get them all the time, and used meditation to relax and calm myself down, so that meditation app might be worth continuing with.

I can tell you all about keto or low carb eating, did it for two years. There are all sorts of approaches - Atkins, South Beach, etc - but essentially you have to cut out virtually all carbs. Atkins says right down to no more than 20 grams a day for the induction phase, which is where your body goes into keto (starts using up its own body fat) and you have to be a label detective with everything - even down to calculating the carbs in spinach :).

The key to getting into keto is to eat lots of fat, seriously, lots of it! Oil, cheese, fat on meats, it all is important to helping you get to keto. If you don't do this, it won't work. A good site to look at is The Diet Doctor, lots of keto recipes and case studies. I lost about 3 stone fairly quickly but just couldn't sustain a low carb level - and it's a cruel way of eating, the minute you do have something carby, boom, a big weight gain!

If this doesn't appeal, then maybe just try and keep to SW levels for bread (60g a day), and don't eat pasta, rice or potatoes for a week or two and see if it makes a difference?

Thanks Susie, yep there has been some anxiety and have been using meditation to help. But when my body gets to a certain weight it just becomes too heavy to carry around and walking, lifting and going up the stairs i can feel it in my lungs.

Been shopping and cooking keto style. Lots of coconut, nuts and chicken. Ive made chicken goujons dipped in coconut milk and rolled in ground almonds and coconut. Going to have them with roasted courgette, cauliflower and cashews. Also in the oven is a sort of chicken passanda, so chicken and cauliflower and a sauce with more coconut milk whizzed with ground almonds and bit of curry powder sprinkled with almonds.
Also made dessert, even more coconut milk whizzed with water and cacoa powder and stirred with chia seeds and frozen blueberries. I dont eat dessert but hoping to use it either as a breakfast or a snack.
So thats lunch and dinner sorted for breakfast. Still going to have porridge in my smoothie but will replace half of it with nuts, replace pears with blueberries, and chia seed instrad of flax seed, then the usual cacoa and cinnamon. Other than the porridge i think thats about keto... Can anyone confirm that for me.

I’m pleased weigh in was less than you thought tipp.

There are loads of guided meditations on YouTube too. I use the honest guys ones sometimes.

My OH used to do keto, it sounds right but I couldn’t tell you without tracking it as I’m useless lol. We used the carb manager app which is pretty easy and some of the stuff you can scan the barcode, most you can search for but some bits you do need to put the information in but you save it so you only need to do it once. It’s also free😃

Good luck with it tipp x

Im a bit unsure about the blueberries. I know you can have blackberries and raspberries.
I must look for that app thanks Charlotte. Ive trief a few free keto apps today and havent found one i like yet. I dont want meal plans as a lot of the meats and fish i dont eat. And im not at the stage of wanting to track and count everything. I want a simple yes or no, is?????? food keto, a yes or a no.

Ended up going for 3 walks today. 2km this morning before breakfast. Then a very slow 1.5km with Oscar to see the ponies. He brought a plastic cow, a wooden train and a duplo car with him🙄. So we had to stop at every wall for the car to drive on, every piece of grass for the cow to eat and every stone we found to fill up the train. So it took about an hour. Then we played in the hammock. I sent him to bed, had my dinner and went out again for a 2km walk.

However now im having a gin and tonic. Muscle ache a bit but in a good way.

Ok. Had a miracle loss of almost a kilo this morning. And went out for a walk at 6am,just 2km but well worth it and a great start to the day. I met a rabbit and a fox, thankfully for the rabbit not in the same place.
Had my smoothie in the car, bluberriesand chia seed soaked in water overnight. Then whizzed with 2 dessert spoons wach of porridge and ground almonds and 1 of cacoa.
Tea break.now and was getting hundry so had half my passanda. Other half for lunch with soup, it has peas so not keto. Then dinner a slice of ham, a boiled egg and sprouting brocolli

That’s great tipp😃 and you’re doing brilliantly with your walks. Have a nice day x

Sounds like you're getting in the swing of things Tipp - do take a look at the Diet Doctor website too, really interesting x

Didnt have the soup after all bit had a magic choc mouse.
Then.dinner became 6 fishfingers with some of the breadcrumbs bitten off, lots of sprouting broccolli and a slice of ham. Then. A 3km walk with husband and dog.

And no wind at all😀

View media item 4865
Morning all. Well im very impatient so bought myself a present yesterday.

It has two types of recipes, low carb and totally keto. It has lots of the scienrific background. Its written by two irish women (or living here anyway) and it has what i wanted.... A yes/no/maybe page

View media item 4866

View media item 4867

Back