This is probably a stupid question...

dexx

when you are maintaining in Atkins, are you still in ketosis or is it only when you are losing weight that you are in ketosis?

Jim. Jim Would be "The man" to tell you this babes, as he is maintaining But hes off and left us all alone for the weekend... Sob Sob SNIFF.....

Hold tight and Im sure some1 will be along with an answer for you..

Woofy X

My theory and what i have been told by some people.. IS If your in ketosis you lose weight.... (Read the science for that)..

But if your not and just eating hardly anything you body goes into starvation mode? I dunno.. i am gunna shut up now!!

JIM Can not believe he has left us :( lol

I stopped being in ketosis once I came out of induction dexx

Glad you were around to answer that Jim. I was wondering whether you were in ketosis myself

My theory and what i have been told by some people.. IS If your in ketosis you lose weight.... (Read the science for that)..

Not necessarily though. You lose weight if you have less calories than you burn. You can be in ketosis, but if you stuff yourself silly with high calories, low carb/carbless stuff, you wont lose weight.

But...people in ketosis rarely want to stuff themselves with the above. That's the beauty of ketosis. You can reduce calories so much easier :)

That is true. Ketosis is the name for burning fat for energy. There is no distinction between dietary fat and body fat. Ketostix also will not show the difference. It is actually possible to be in ketosis and put on weight.. I saw an example on another forum once of a woman who could not understand why she wasnt losing weight, when she put what she was eating each day it transpired she was having a massive amount of fat.. over a 1lb of butter alone.:confused:

Ketosis supresses hunger, so people rarely overeat, most lose weight. It is still important though to make realistic and sensible food choices.

xx

Good answers there.

Back