This is the last time!

Good luck with that, making things as simple as possible has helped me so far...
Thank you, I couldn’t agree more.

Not having any of my food in the house and currently being protected from social events due to lockdown definitely makes things simpler.

You’re doing so amazing! Nice to know someone else is on Lipotrim, I think we may be the only ones at the moment!

I do quite enjoy lipotrim in some ways ☺️

Have you tried the flapjacks? I think men can have two flapjacks and a shake? Us ladies get three products a day, two shakes and one flapjack or three shakes. They’re an acquired taste but I really quite like them (although don’t for one moment expect them to be like a normal flapjack 😂).

You mentioned you’ll be doing TRE/Fasting post lipotrim, have you tried it before?

I’m thinking of doing the same. I did a version of 5:2 last year and lost weight, so think I’ll do a combination of 5:2 with 16:8 or 18:6 TRE to maintain my weight.

You mentioned you’ll be doing TRE/Fasting post lipotrim, have you tried it before?

I’m thinking of doing the same. I did a version of 5:2 last year and lost weight, so think I’ll do a combination of 5:2 with 16:8 or 18:6 TRE to maintain my weight.
Well I'm doing TRE now really, as I only have my shakes in a 4-6 hr window, usually between Midday and 4-6pm.
So something like that 20:4 or 18:6, see what happens. I'll monitor by waist measurement weekly.
I've only done the Choc shakes since the start, they're fine for me, so wasn't really curious about anything else tbh :)

This has been playing on my mind a little 🤔

As I mentioned in a prior post, it’s probably not very healthy to keep resorting to Lipotrim? I know I’m only temporarily doing the program to undo any weight gain from a couple of weeks over Christmas, but I shouldn’t resort to Lipotrim all the time 🙈

That said, Lipotrim gives me the quick results I need and I need to nip any weight gain in the bud as I don’t want to let things get out of hand? My weight has yo-yo’d somewhat over the last few years as a result of having a hopeless, helpless mindset caused by feeling disappointed and upset after any weight gain [usually after a holiday] and I just carried on, not doing anything about it and taking action to prevent any more weight gain [or lose the weight I had already gained]

Over the last year, prior to lockdown and gym closures, I had got into a really good routine of going to the gym, eating quite well, adopting a 5:2 approach. I did lose weight, just at a slower rate, which I know is more sustainable. [Not that I want to lose anymore weight, I just want to undo anything gained over Christmas].

Maybe I’m just overthinking things and being hard on myself 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just feel like with gyms closed etc, complete abstinence from food again will keep everything simple and less complicated and it’ll be quicker. I wouldn’t be on Lipotrim if I was able to go the gym.... and I would not have gained much over Christmas had I not been cooped up at home alone with all the goodies...... [although I don’t know how much I gained as I haven’t weighed myself, to avoid feeling guilt/shame!]

I guess I am just conscious of not wanting to get stuck in the Lipotrim/restrictive eating > overeating > weight gain > Lipotrim/restrictive eating vicious circle as I have done in the past.

I guess you’ve just got to do what works for you at the time 🤔

Last edited:
Well I'm doing TRE now really, as I only have my shakes in a 4-6 hr window, usually between Midday and 4-6pm.
So something like that 20:4 or 18:6, see what happens. I'll monitor by waist measurement weekly.
I've only done the Choc shakes since the start, they're fine for me, so wasn't really curious about anything else tbh :)

Have you done TRE with conventional foods?

Sorry, I shouldn’t interfere 🙈 You do what works for you ☺️ You’re doing fantastic! Lipotrim is not for the faint hearted is it 😂

How are you feeling?

As I mentioned in a prior post, it’s probably not very healthy to keep resorting to Lipotrim? I know I’m only temporarily doing the program to undo any weight gain from a couple of weeks over Christmas, but I shouldn’t resort to Lipotrim all the time 🙈

That said, Lipotrim gives me the quick results I need and I need to nip any weight gain in the bud as I don’t want to let things get out of hand? My weight has yo-yo’d somewhat over the last few years as a result of having a hopeless, helpless mindset caused by feeling disappointed and upset after any weight gain [usually after a holiday] and I just carried on, not doing anything about it and taking action to prevent any more weight gain [or lose the weight I had already gained]

Over the last year, prior to lockdown and gym closures, I had got into a really good routine of going to the gym, eating quite well, adopting a 5:2 approach. I did lose weight, just at a slower rate, which I know is more sustainable. [Not that I want to lose anymore weight, I just want to undo anything gained over Christmas].

Maybe I’m just overthinking things and being hard on myself 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just feel like with gyms closed etc, complete abstinence from food again will keep everything simple and less complicated and it’ll be quicker. I wouldn’t be on Lipotrim if I was able to go the gym.... and I would not have gained much over Christmas had I not been cooped up at home alone with all the goodies...... [although I don’t know how much I gained as I haven’t weighed myself, to avoid feeling guilt/shame!]

I guess I am just conscious of not wanting to get stuck in the Lipotrim/restrictive eating > overeating > weight gain > Lipotrim/restrictive eating vicious circle as I have done in the past.

Maybe I should stop questioning myself, doing something is better than nothing 💕

Maybe I should stop questioning myself, doing something is better than nothing 💕

I knew this anyway, but it was good to read it and have it reinforced if ever there was any doubt ☺️

Lipotrim Total Food Replacement Programme​

The Lipotrim total food replacement programme, uses nutrient-complete formula foods, which have proven safe and effective for weight loss at the maximum safe rate. Available since 1987 through GPs and pharmacies since 2001 in the UK and Ireland. ~ just what one needs right now!

This is interesting too and most definitely explains some of my behaviour 🤦🏻‍♀️

Principles of weight loss​

Our brains react to food through many of the same neural pathways as addictive substances such as drugs and alcohol. We effectively behave as though addicted to food.

The strength of drive to get food, when it is restricted, is one of the most powerful biological instincts we have. It is well documented that the most effective means of management is avoidance of the substance of abuse.

Last edited:
I’m into week two now.

I’ve still refrained from weighing as I think it may add unnecessary pressure, its actually quite liberating not knowing how much I weigh and just simply focus on how I feel and what I see in the mirror. I definitely feel a lot better than I did when I started last week, less bloated and sluggish for one!

That said, I am still somewhat curious as to what the number on the scales is 🤔 I know I have gained a bit of weight as I can see it on my tummy. I just don’t want to weigh and feel upset if I don’t like what I see 🙈 I’m not sure if this is silly or actually a positive behaviour, as knowing the potential outcome and avoiding it is constructive? Like touching a hot pan..... you know it’ll burn your hand so you don’t do it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe I should weigh next week to establish my plan of action and how long I’ll need to do Lipotrim for..... I’ll see how I feel.

Only you 💕

Attachments

• 4CB4DCA2-DCFB-4428-B90D-66ED686A243C.jpeg
    4CB4DCA2-DCFB-4428-B90D-66ED686A243C.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 12

I just read this on the Lipotrim re-feeding information leaflet; ‘It may be sensible to accept that you could need another short total food replacement period to help keep your weight at your target’.

https://www2.lipotrim.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Lipotrim-Pharmacy-Refeeding-Information-2.pdf

I do not regret my decision to complete a few weeks on Lipotrim TFR. Initially, I perhaps felt a bit embarrassed for resorting to TFR again after enjoying Christmas, however this statement on the Lipotrim website is reassuring and I have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. I’m keeping myself in check ❤️

Our weight will fluctuate. It’s life.

It is definitely worth (and important!) nipping things in the bud before they get out of hand - with hindsight, I realise the mistakes I made in the past, yo-yo-ing. I was too busy feeling ashamed and guilty and berating myself for having a weight gain (most people do after a holiday 🤷🏻‍♀️), tormenting myself, making myself feel upset and really down. I consequently wasn’t in the right frame of mind to take any action (damage limitation!)..... It then ended up becoming out of control as I made myself feel so ashamed and hopeless, like I’d ruined it and may as well just give up.

The difference this time is that I appreciated and enjoyed my indulgence and refused to feel guilty. I avoided the scales as I knew it would trigger the feelings of embarrassment, disappointment and upset and I let my body tell me; “that’s enough now Gem. You’ve enjoyed yourself, now it’s time to undo any damage” 😂

When I was going to the gym over last Christmas (and not stuck at home, alone with lots of goodies to enjoy), I think I only gained 2-3lb over Christmas and New Year, so the current situation with lockdown was a contributing factor as there wasn’t a lot else to be doing 🤷🏻‍♀️ So even more reason than normal to not give yourself a hard time 💕

Last edited:
Very interesting and informative ❤️

Attachments

• 729FBEB9-D278-412B-BA7C-B6671A5FAD56.png
    729FBEB9-D278-412B-BA7C-B6671A5FAD56.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • E1C3179E-46E1-4DF0-B9E4-1232DCE7E90D.png
    E1C3179E-46E1-4DF0-B9E4-1232DCE7E90D.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 2C85EF5E-F4BB-4218-AC04-FF9F6A3220A6.png
    2C85EF5E-F4BB-4218-AC04-FF9F6A3220A6.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 13