This maybe helpful if you are on ss+ or 810

susan70

Gold Member
Ive just found on the net that 1 table spoon = 14.3 grams

I know its probably not 100% accurate but at least its something to work by.xx

That is really helpful as I think most people think the dessert spoon we eat our cereal with is a tablespoon and it isn't!

Thanks Susan x

Hi would that be the same for lettuce or broccoli etc cos I would imagine you get a whole lot more lettuce than you will vegetables
xx

i dont know, ive just weighed some brocolli , i wanted 3tbs and it was about 4 small florets, not much, but at least its something to work by.xx

I read in my Fitness magazine the other day that a tablespoon is the same as 3 heaped teaspoons. That seems crazy as a tablespoon is HUGE and teaspoons are so tiny!!

Very interesting. Don't know why I didn't think of finding it out by weight. I have just been going by a rough guesstimate!

me too! i bung it on the plate and hope for the best!

The measurements (1 tablespoon =15 ml and 1 teaspoon = 5ml) are for level spoonfuls - doesn't really work for bulky stuff like broccoli!! And if you look at the carb content of some veg compared to lettuce it makes it even more unbalanced!

The measurements (1 tablespoon =15 ml and 1 teaspoon = 5ml) are for level spoonfuls - doesn't really work for bulky stuff like broccoli!! And if you look at the carb content of some veg compared to lettuce it makes it even more unbalanced!

that why i looked for actual weight instead of mls.

Me too - I guess it and it's never done me any harm :)

I suppose this is a stupid question but has anybody ever e mailed cambridge to ask them?It is the most awkward thing Ive ever done trying to balance it on a flippin tablespoon it does seem a rather ridiculous way to try and measure it out.

Back