This MONTH I have lost . . . .

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I hope you are seated for this revelation . . . . .. .. roll the drums . . . Tonight Matthew I weighed exactly one pound lighter than I did at the end of March. Let's hear it for us really really slow losers. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In two weeks time I would have been at slimming world for one year and have lost 26lbs in total. Has anyone else taken over a year to lose 2 stone ?????:confused::(:cry:

HI Allie. For the next two weeks I am going to try to eat meals that i have not eaten before, so, different breakfasts and lunches, different veg, different fruits and different main meals. We had a stand in consultant tonite who suggested I shook up all my eating so my body doesn't know what to expect. it was great having someone who didn't say "well i don't know what you can do you have tried everything I know "
On a positive note at least i know i can really maintain well xxx

At least its coming off Rosie thats excellent - well done you x

You have done well and to have stuck at it i think perhaps the counsultant is right chane what you eat and see what happens x

Your so close to target .... must be so frustrating now. Perhaps your body is at its natural weight?....ive heard alot about our bodies plateauing when it reaches what it feels is its achieved its aims if that makes sense.
Stick with it as you've told me. What is it they say SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.......really hard to accept though i know.

xx

Do you know Rosie, when I started SW this time I set my target at just half a pound a week. In all my previous dieting attempts I have desperately dropped as much weight as quickly as possible and every time it was unsustainable and unrealistic and I put it all (and more) back on again.

This time I promised it would be different. I saw Fern Britton and (despite the fact that she had a GB) saw that she had lost 4 stone over 2 years and looked fantastic. I was shocked when I worked out that this was just half a pound a week, and this helped me in learning to accept that slow and steady wins the race.

I know this must feel incredibly frustrating, but every single long term success story I every read says 'slow sustainable weight loss'. That pound of fat no longer sits in your arteries or on your heart or kidney or liver, it no longer restricts your movement or hangs in an unsightly mass of a part of your body- it is gone, but most importantly it is gone........FOREVER.

You had to live through the last month anyway- you may as well have been also busy during that month in getting rid of that horrid pound of evil fat at the same time

A huge well done on your fantastic determination and continued success- because success is EXACTLY what it is!

xxxx

I have been doing slimming world since July 2009, with about 3 months off the diet at the end of the year because of some personal stuff. I have lost in total now 2 stone 9lbs, which is quite a slow loss for me. When I have done weight watchers in the past I probably would of lost that in half the time.

I love slimming world though and it doesnt feel like I am on a diet, so I am willing to accept the slow gradual loss, because I know I can stick to it long term.

26lbs in a year is a great loss Brightenrosie, and I do truly believe that the slower the weight loss, the slower it goes back on should you fall off plan.

I have tried having all red weeks and all extra easy weeks have even been filling my plate with superfree stuff and throwing in green days here and there but the weight loss for me is still at exactly the same pace. The only difference I have found is that since I cut down on the white carbs, I haven't got that bloating around my stomach anymore.

I know you must feel frustrated because of your battle recently to get the weight come off, but I really don't think there is anything more you can do to make a different, from what I saw your food plans are perfect.

I know exactly how you feel having lost 8lbs in 9 weeks :sigh:

However I feel so much better within myself and would prefer to do it slowly and therefore the weight stays off. My aim is to lose a pound a week and I should be at target before my holiday in October.

Are you drinking lots of water? Last week I changed from drinking 1 litre of flavoured sparkling water a day to drinking 1.5 litres of still water with cordial (I find it loads easier to drink and doesn't bloat me) and lost 1.5lbs this week.

You are doing really well and look at how much you have already lost.

Good luck :)

Awww Rosie!! How frustrating it must be for you :( I know that you just can't accept that it's a weight your body wants to be at, because of medical reasons (Sorry if that's not you!!!).

Good luck with changing your eating, that must be very exciting and hard at the same time! I hope it works for you! (P.s my recommendstion for something new to try would be Ryvita's with Nutella and sliced banana!!! ;) Best breakfast ever for me at the moment!!!:D)

OOOh how many syns for the nutella camille?

(((((((hugs Rosie)))))))) dont give up girl, you can do it, even if it is so slow and as others have said it will take a long time to put any on and as you say look at how well you can maintain!!!xx

All us slow losers will get there in the end :) ... I read about the 7lb weight losses in one week on here sometimes and it does get me down but everybody is different and your body will do what is best for you and in the long run we will maintain it easier. Keep Going!

Your so close to target .... must be so frustrating now. Perhaps your body is at its natural weight?....ive heard alot about our bodies plateauing when it reaches what it feels is its achieved its aims if that makes sense.
Stick with it as you've told me. What is it they say SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.......really hard to accept though i know.

xx
Sadly, still being outside normal BMI my body has a long way to reach it's ideal weight. I just don't think it has told the scales lolxx

aw rosie, a pound is a pound though, atleast it is somthing.. im glad you sound so positive.

i got on the scales this week and gained another half... i just broke down in tears and told my consultant how i was finding it all so frustrating being so close but feeling so far away when im trying my hardest. . i thought of you and how proud i was of you still putting your all in week after week.. so instead of blowing it this week..

im doing it all over again.. 100% .. here i come.

damn you target, i will get you!

aw rosie, a pound is a pound though, atleast it is somthing.. im glad you sound so positive.

i got on the scales this week and gained another half... i just broke down in tears and told my consultant how i was finding it all so frustrating being so close but feeling so far away when im trying my hardest. . i thought of you and how proud i was of you still putting your all in week after week.. so instead of blowing it this week..

im doing it all over again.. 100% .. here i come.

damn you target, i will get you!
Hey we will do it and we will not be beaten xxxxxxxx

Awww Rosie, well done!!! YAY for that bloody pound ;) I honestly don't know how you keep going. I had a silly tantrum over a STS last week (it was a v bad day) and I felt like such an idiot after I'd had a rant. You really are an inspiration to the slow losers out there.xx

Back