this morning i hit rock bottom

abigail09

Gold Member
i rejoined slimming world a good 8+ weeks ago and all ive done is put on weight, this weekend i was at leeds festival and know i will have put on another 2lbs at least. none of my clothes fit, i feel hot, sticky and uncomfortable. i just feel like a lump. im going to get weighed after work tonight and i think im going to be about 3lbs heavier than when i started... ive just hit an all time low.

i have only been going to meetings to support my family, my sister is 16 and is a lot bigger than me, along with my mam. i just feel so disheartened i know it can work but i just havent got back into it since i started. it took 9 months for me to loose 1.5stone last time and i know its going to take just as long this time.

i dont know if this is the kick up the bum i need or whether im just going to continue denying to myself that i need to do something. the problem is i eat so well during the day then when it comes to an evening i cant help myself. i tried so hard last night not too end up munching but by the end of the night i had had chicken curry (Sw obv) a bowl of leftover rice, a bowl of cous cous, an apple, a banana, a massive salad and a few slices of ham. i was soooo stuffed but ate it anyway. i know i didnt eat any syns in there however i just seem to loose control.

anyway rant over, i know when i get on the scales this evening im going to be be gutted.

hi chick, I'm new to slimming world but not to dieting, sounds to me like you either eat for comfort or thru boredom , both problems i share, so i know its hard. i have spent the last year lossing and regaining the same few pounds and not really going anywhere, but i do know that the only way to fail is to give up completely!!

Have you tried saving some syns for a treat in the evening, i sometimes find that helps ( i have to have my wine of a weekend!!).
I have also found a book 'Eating less,say goodbye to overeating' by Gillian Riley really quite helpfull.

Keep the faith and you will get there in the end-sending big hugs

Hi Abigail,
Hugs to you chick. At least last night you ate all SW foods, it could have been so much worse if it wasn't! We all eat when we shouldn't, I often plough on through my meals even when I know I'm full but it doesn't do any harm in the long run. Sometimes we need to eat.

Is your head in the right place to lose weight again? You say you only joined to support family which is a wonderful thing to do but you can do this for yourself too hun.

You've done it before and you can do it again. Put the last few weeks behind you and call tonight a fresh start.
Jay xx

Jaylou is right Hun...start afresh. Dont think about the past loss or compare to it, as it will always be different.
At least last night you didnt gorge on things you shouldnt have and it was all SW friendly.
Have you thought about making nibble things for an evening in case the urge gets you again? Some SW friendly cakes, muffins etc, so that you can indulge.

All is not lost Hun.
xxx

i rarely eat syns during the day ( maybe 1 or 2 max) i think i just need to be a bit more strict with writing things down. i feel like the problem is i started putting weight on after reaching my target when i met my boyfriend and he eats what he wants when he wants and still stays relatively slim. last time i did slimming world i was in a bit of a horrible relationship and used to go to the gym just to escape the house and felt so bad in myself i wanted to chane myself a lot more now im alot happy inside but im letting myself go. i just need to get that motivation back :'(

forgot to say-when you hit rock bottom,the only way to go is upwards!!

Maybe if you used more syns during the day,you would be less likely to be hungry and pick a night-just a thought

I feel like this most of the time. Especially your point about being happy but letting yourself go. That's what has happened to me. :sigh:

I am doing okay so far but haven't been on the diet that long so god knows where I'll be in a few months!

Don't be too hard on yourself though, you could have ate loads of things you shouldn't of - but you didn't. :) x

Fabulous advice given as always.

99% of losing weight (any challenge in fact) is in the mind. You need to stop beating yourself up and feeling guilty for something you can't change, maybe on a subconcious level you think of I've been a touch naughty sod it. Take it day by day, meal by meal. It sounds cliche but go back to day one, write everything down plan ahead and if you can have as few temptations in the house as possible.

I'm a bugger for snacking so I've looked through my book and either bough or made low syn snacks to have when I feel peckish. I know waiting for pasta to cook isn't a great insentive when there are a pack of jaffa cakes there ready to be eaten!

Most importantly, do this for you. If it is what you want then great, but don't do it because you have to. If your mind is in the right place - that's half the battle.

Hugs,

Natt xxx

The thought of gaining the weight again is making you feel miserable, if you stop going to class you can easily fall back into old habits and get right back to where you started. I'd say that is your motivation for getting back on track.

You're in a great position to nip this in the bud, get focussed and be back at your goal in no time. Don't give up, I remember looking at your pics you posted and thinking how amazing you looked and I couldn't believe you'd ever needed to go to SW. Remember how far you've come and how well you've done and you deserve to keep going!

If you aren't having many syns I'd suggest you start having a few more so that you can enjoy things with your boyfriend, you then won't feel like you're missing out or going OTT and having loads more than you wanted to. You will be in control. Make delicious meals for you both from the SW magazine or cook books and enjoy knowing it is all totally healthy/free or low syn.
You can do it! :D

Great advice as usual. Are you eating enough during the day? If you have 3 meals, eating till your comfortably full, and your healthy extras plus your free fruit, then you won't be hungry. Are you drinking enough? Thirst can be misinterpreted by the brain as hunger. Water,is very important!
Is your head in the mood for sticking to the plan? How much do you really want to lose weight? Most OH's seem to be able to eat loads and not put weight on, but if we try and match them we put loads of weight on. So we have a choice, let them get on with it, join in and pile on the weight. Let them get on with it and plan what we're eating and have the occasional treat and lose. Get them on board to eat the same as us and both lose! There's no magic wand, if we want the results we have to put the work in.

Hi, I used to be like you could control through day then it went pear shaped at night with boredom etc so I assessed what was making me head for the fridge and cupboards and decided to deal with that then get back on track. It worked for me as I now sit on my laptop and chat to friends and go on forums and it keeps me from thinking what can I have now even though not hungry. Good luck I'm sure you will succeed xx

just wanted to say a big thanks to all your really helpful comments. today is a new day and a new beginning for me i weighed in last night and had a 2.5lb gain. it could be worse. im feeling motivated and have ordered that book jane :)

Glad you are feeling better today,and i hope you find the book useful.
If its any consolation i'm looking at a similar gain this week after just 3 days away!!

Just read your last post - well done for going back!!

Just draw a line under the last couple of weeks - ask for a new book and start again afresh. Don't beat yourself up about what you have or haven't done right in the past - that will accomplish nothing at all - it is in the past now.

Have you tried the Extra Easy plan? I am an SW re-join-er - last time the weight came off but I got bored and fed up of planning my whole day around what I was going to have for dinner. This time I am doing the EE plan and it is fabulous! I honestly thought there was no way I could have lost weight these past two weeks as I have eaten so much and mixed green & red food while I was at it but I have lost 5lb so far!

x

yes i always do extra easy now as im not too bothered about bread and cereal but extra easy does make life a lot easier.

small sabotage so far, went out for a few dirnks with friends every intention of having vodka diet cokewithin my syns, and NO DIET COKE. they had ran out!! in total had a great night out counted 50 syns and now just cutting right back for the rest of the week so i dont go over 70. this week i will loose :D:D:D

Back