This tastes almost as good as double cream!)

yummy must try it x

Mmmn that sounds delicious, I have just made the SW Cherry almond clafoutis, so your double cream alternetive will, hopefully make a good addition. Thanks.

Oh what is the recipe for them then, they sound lovely? Or is it on the S W website? Love anything sweet, but dont like the quark and artificial sweetner cream! I can still taste the sourness even though I added loads of sweetener. May be just me though

Love this it's great with raspberrys and meringue nests yummy yum
I load a meringue nest up with creamy mix top with raspberries and grate a little dark chocy on top it's yummy x

If you use Morisson's Quark you'll probably find you don't need to add FF as it has a much smoother, creamier texture than any other I've tried :)

I do something similar for a mascarpone substitute in Tiramisu.

1 tub quark
1 tub mullerlight vanilla
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener to taste

It would be fairly low in syns but I refuse to make Tiramisu without alcohol :D

I do something similar for a mascarpone substitute in Tiramisu.

1 tub quark
1 tub mullerlight vanilla
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener to taste

It would be fairly low in syns but I refuse to make Tiramisu without alcohol :D
Has anyone tried the above recipe then freezing it?:confused: Surely it'd be just like icecream....now we just need a low syn substitute for choc sauce! :hmm:

Has anyone tried the above recipe then freezing it?:confused: Surely it'd be just like icecream....now we just need a low syn substitute for choc sauce! :hmm:

LOVE the idea of freezing it!! :) Will give it a go over the half-term when I have a couple of days off. As for the choc sauce, I kinda like the idea that it's a sYn ;)

LOVE the idea of freezing it!! :) Will give it a go over the half-term when I have a couple of days off. As for the choc sauce, I kinda like the idea that it's a sYn ;)
Haha :) but seriously, what about the low syn hot choc powders....you could mix on of those in at around 2 syns for the packet, when portioned out through the whole tub of icecream it'd be negligible I reckon, or alternatlively the muller lights vanilla with the dark choc shavings in....let me know how you get on with the recipe if you get to try it out before me!!!:scale:

Haha :) but seriously, what about the low syn hot choc powders....you could mix on of those in at around 2 syns for the packet, when portioned out through the whole tub of icecream it'd be negligible I reckon, or alternatlively the muller lights vanilla with the dark choc shavings in....let me know how you get on with the recipe if you get to try it out before me!!!:scale:
I like the options idea. I found the mullerlights disappointing. I'd rather have larger bits of chocolate but less of it, if you get my meaning.

Or how about some pureed mixed berries gently swirled through it? Ooo, the creative juices are beginning to flow! :eat:

adipose said:
I know, it's crap! Could make some really nice strawberry or raspberry ripple icecream otherwise!:cry:

Surely it would work out alot lower in syns than normal ice cream anyway tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Surely it would work out alot lower in syns than normal ice cream anyway tho :)

This is true :)

I tried the ice-cream idea but to be honest, I'm not sure of it. It (bizzarely) has a buttery texture to it. I have no sense of taste barring sweet, sour, bitter etc so have to go by texture. The bf thinks it's 'ok' and the eldest daughter says it tastes like frozen yogurt... hardly surprising when it contains yogurt! Will have to experiment a bit more.

Back