This time I will do it

londongirl12

Hello,

Just found some old posts on here I did last year when I started the Cambridge diet, I couldn't stick to it :( so then I did SW for a few weeks and then life took over and almost a year later I have put on about another 10lbs. Anyway, I started Atkins last week in a state of desperation as I am so embarrassed how much weight I have now put on and wanted to lose some as fast as poss. Surprise surprise it was too drastic for me and has nearly killed me. To top it all off I only lost 2lbs!!! So after having another little talk with myself I am starting SW again this week. :superwoman:

Anyway I have battled with my weight since I was about 13, I am now 31 :patback:

I met the man of my dreams last year. I work full time and study in the evenings. We are currently trying to build our lives together and recently got engaged :heartpump:

I am bored of feeling rubbish about myself now. I have always thought SW is the most sensible weight loss plan and I know I can do this.

So here I go...

Good luck everybody

xx

Hi! Welcome back!

I'm about the same weight as you, so totally know how you can be drawn to the quick fix! Best of luck with SW this time, any progress is still progress!

Hi welcome back and good luck :) i'm similar to you with weight history - starting back at sw tonight to try and do it properly and for good this time!! Look forward to walking it with you x

Hi! Welcome back!

I'm about the same weight as you, so totally know how you can be drawn to the quick fix! Best of luck with SW this time, any progress is still progress!

Hi thank you. Yep the quick fix is so tempting but it just doesn't work for me. We can do this!! xx

Hi welcome back and good luck :) i'm similar to you with weight history - starting back at sw tonight to try and do it properly and for good this time!! Look forward to walking it with you x

Hi :wavey: thanks!
Let's do this once and for all.
Good luck xx

Welcome back and good luck! Plenty of support here to keep you on track :)

Welcome back and good luck! Plenty of support here to keep you on track :)

Thank you :) I need a lot of luck haha. Good luck to you too. xx

I have to say after a week of Atkins, SW seems so much more 'normal' and manageable. I will be staying with my fiance and his family this weekend for the Easter bank holidays. Although I have told my fiance about my new way of eating etc.. I don't really want to go in to details with his family because as lovely as they are I don't want all the questions and advice. I would rather just get on with it. So I am going to save most of my sins up for this weekend I think, just so if I have to politely accept some potatoes or chocolate I should be covered. Anyway so far I am feeling 3 billion times better than I did this time last week on the bleeding Atkins plan I attempted. Good luck everyone. We so can do this. xx

Fantastic, good luck! I live in London as well - there don't actually seem to be loads of us on here! Are you going to group? I also find it hard with OHs family even after 4 years because his mum is a wonderful lady and all she wants to do is run around after us giving us treats when we're at theirs. She still finds it a bit tricky that I'm vegetarian so I don't want to inconvenience her further! I just have to try to resist all the buttered crumpets and boxes of chocolates etc when we visit.

Fantastic, good luck! I live in London as well - there don't actually seem to be loads of us on here! Are you going to group? I also find it hard with OHs family even after 4 years because his mum is a wonderful lady and all she wants to do is run around after us giving us treats when we're at theirs. She still finds it a bit tricky that I'm vegetarian so I don't want to inconvenience her further! I just have to try to resist all the buttered crumpets and boxes of chocolates etc when we visit.

Hello :) thanks! Yeah there doesn't seem to be many Londoners on here does there!
I am doing SW alone at the moment because I work in central London and by the time I get home to sunny south London it is sometimes quite late. I feel ok at the moment not going to a group, but if I feel like I need extra motivation in the coming weeks I will join a group.
I have had similar issues at work on my lunch as I do when I visit my fiances' family. Last week I could only basically eat protein when I was doing Atkins, so I had my work colleagues offering me fruit and chocolate etc... At least with SW I can eat something half normal which prevents the questions from everyone. I hate the questions, even though they all mean well bless them.

Anyway good luck, especially over Easter xx

You sound really positive which is a great start.

There will be times when things are out of our control and we just have to accept that thats life and get straight back on track and manage the out of control bits the best we can

SW may not be the quickest weight loss but it sure is the most normal!

Good luck on your journey

If you want to join a group, PM me - due to house and job moves I have been to most groups in central-ish London and would be happy to provide advice! And good luck - where abouts in South London do you live?

I'm lucky at work because we all tend to just stick to our desks so a lot of the time you don't even see what people are eating, and people don't tend t ocomment on it loads. But then it's not really in issue because SW food is "normal" food!

Good luck :) !
I did Atkins and lost 30lb. It worked well but sent me crazy not being able to eat like normal people. I tried again after having a child but couldn't do it at all so sw it is.

You sound really positive which is a great start.

There will be times when things are out of our control and we just have to accept that thats life and get straight back on track and manage the out of control bits the best we can

SW may not be the quickest weight loss but it sure is the most normal!

Good luck on your journey

Thank you, good luck to you too. Yep just rolling with the punches.

:) xx

If you want to join a group, PM me - due to house and job moves I have been to most groups in central-ish London and would be happy to provide advice! And good luck - where abouts in South London do you live?

I'm lucky at work because we all tend to just stick to our desks so a lot of the time you don't even see what people are eating, and people don't tend t ocomment on it loads. But then it's not really in issue because SW food is "normal" food!

Thanks I will definitely holla for some advice on groups if I decide I need to join one in the coming weeks. I am near Bromley, where abouts are you?

xx

Good luck :) !
I did Atkins and lost 30lb. It worked well but sent me crazy not being able to eat like normal people. I tried again after having a child but couldn't do it at all so sw it is.

Thank you :) Good luck to you too.
I know I tried Atkins just because I wanted to shift some weight quickly, but it just made me think about food constantly, have terrible headaches and not sleep. I can't live on meat alone. It has done me a bit of a favour though because now SW seems so do-able.

xx

I can't believe how much better I feel after 2 days on SW after a week on Atkins. I am sleeping again, I managed to do some exercise yesterday and today and I'm not constantly thinking about food. As sad as it sounds I feel excited about this.

Keep going everybody, almost time for a long weekend

xx

Thanks I will definitely holla for some advice on groups if I decide I need to join one in the coming weeks. I am near Bromley, where abouts are you?

xx

I'm in Camberwell/Peckham (on the border!) and I go a group in Lambeth which is fantastic and there are two groups, one at 5:30 and one at 7:30.

When I'm on SW I often can't stop thinking about food, but it's because I'm thinking about all the delicious stuff I am going to cook and eat!

Back