This time its personal!!

So I have dieted since I was 19 on and off I am now 33!! I have tried every diet known to man I think the latest is I have spent 2 years nearly pissing about with VLCD's the thing that hooks me on those is the promise to lose 1 stone a month...It is so hard for me to stay on the plan 100% and as soon as I fall off the wagon it goes all Pete Tong!

I have done SW previously and did lose weight, I have PCOS so carbs are not really my friend but even when I was doing Green days on SW I lost weight.
The only thing that is niggling me is I know it is going to take me longer to lose weight this way but lets be real it has been 2 years pretty much and I weigh 1 pound more than day 1 on Cambridge!
I decided last week when talking to my husband that SW would be the best plan for me because it is a lifestyle change that can be done forever, I don't have to punish myself for eating anything.
I want to get healthy, we did TTC for a long time and I know that my weight was a factor of stopping us conceiving. I wanted to put myself out there and putting "Pen to paper" if you like. My daughter is 12 this week and I am seeing signs of PCOS on her already and I know controlling weight is a major thing so this way I can monitor her "diet".
I currently weigh 14 stone 6 pounds even typing that makes me want the ground to open up and swallow me!! We had a Halloween party yesterday and I was caught in a picture, I wanted to cry when I saw it I do not liik good or healthy.

I am going to go along to a club on Wednesday and start. This isn't just another start date for ANOTHER diet this is me taking control of my life and getting my confidence back. I am not going to say I will be writing on this daily but I will make sure its a regular thing that I do and hopefully I will be able to look back in a year and feel more confident and happy and mostly more healthy than I am right now. My husband is doing the plan with me. I hope that this could one day help someone else because I promise if I can do this ANYONE can. So I will finish this with a few reasons why I want this.

1. Health
2. A good role model for my kids
3. God damn I want to look hot! I want to look back one day and say "when I was young I looked amazing"
4. To help my PCOS symtoms

I hope the future Kelly will be happy for what I am about to start ;-) :wave_cry:

Hi hun, i also have PCOS so i understand how much of a struggle losing weight with this horrible condition is :(

I can't speak highly enough of SW. I too struggled to conceive which eventually resulted in us going down the IVF route which i needed to lose weight for before being accepted. It really is a fab diet for PCOS. I know u said about carbs not being our friend but i just can't live without them so i don't and i still seem to lose weight on this diet.

Good luck xxx

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. So personal question, did you manage to conceive? I see you have recently joined here are you still at the start of your journey? It would be lovely to keep in touch and help each other out along the way. :)

Kelly

Yes, thankfully i did manage to conceive on our one and only NHS cycle. I am now a proud Mum to twin boys :) I did lose 2.5 stone before the IVF but piled all that on and some after having them. I can't even say it was the pregnancy because i only put on half a stone but since then it has just crept on and on :( xx

Back