This time...

Tbag

Hi everyone - so I just started cambridge 6 days ago, and having read so many of your inspiring stories I thought I'd start my own diary.

My story - pretty simple, I've always been a yo-yo dieter but was really happy when I got married at 11st 7lb. But after the wedding, yet again I got complacent and the pounds crept up. When I fell pregnant with my son, I was back up to 13st (the heaviest I'd been prior to babies is 14st 4lb) and during pregnancy I went up to 16 stone! Spent the next 2.5 years losing it, and was down to 12st 3lb when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter.

So here we are, my gorgeous girl is now 5 months old and it's about time I did something about it. No more procrastinating! At my first meeting with my CDC I was 14st 12lb. My goal is to eventually get back to 11st 7lb. My CDC recommended I stick to the 810 plan as I'm running around after 3 year old and new baby etc, and I want to be able to have dinner with them at night etc. Although I would love to lose the weight overnight, I have to be realistic, and although this might slow me down slightly, it does seem to be easy for me to stick to and not alienate me from my family. Im also not telling anyone except my husband, can't be bothered with the comments and opinions of CD and VLCD's in general, so have just said I'm doing Dukan diet which is quite restrictive anyway, and only encourages protein and veg so should be easy to pass off instead of admitting CD

I had my first weight in with my CDC yesterday after 5 days, and I've lost 5.5lb, so really chuffed. :D

Any ideas / words of encouragement would be really appreciated. Since I'm "in the closet" would appreciate some friendly words of wisdom!

Have never actually participated in a forum before, so hope this works and some of you take pity on me and chat! :)

Thanks!

Hi Tbag welcome I'm new to the forum and it really is helping me getting a bit addicted but better to keep my mind off food as evenings are difficult for me, good luck and any time you need a chat I will be here xxx ;)

Thanks for replying Blodyn Tatws, i'm same, evenings are definitely the hardest, so I find myself here reading other people's diaries which really keep me going!

Tried the apple and cinnamon porridge this morning, and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't like real porridge but at least I felt like I was eating something real and normal.

I weighed myself this morning at home as it's been 7 days now and I had first way in after 5, so wanted to know what weekly weight loss was, and was a little disappointed it was only another 1/2 pound off. So first week's loss is 6lb. I know that's more than I have ever lost in one week on any other diet, but was hoping for 7-8lb.

Maybe it's because I'm on 810 plan rather than SS or SS+. I originally set myself a goal of 5lb off by my next weigh in with CDC which is next Wednesday but maybe that's too ambitious. Maybe I have to be happy with 3lb instead.

On a separate note, my husband is getting frustrated with this diet already as he's Italian, and his life and social life revolves around food (he owns a restaurant!!). He thinks it's restrictive and has a knock on effect on him as I don't want to go out for dinner or to the pub! I keep telling him short term pain..... anyway, I've persuaded him we should go to the cinema tonight instead of a meal out as we would usually have done in the past!

My husband is supportive but is a bit of a foodie also, he can't understand why I just can't do it by eating healthily BUT I can't have tried and failed this seems to work for me so he has to put up with it ! Agree short term for long term goal xxx Try not to weigh yourself if it gets u down, and drink more water xxx 5.5lbs is fab and more than you could do on any other diet so smile and be proud 5.5lbs nearer to your goal xxx

I weighed my self this morning and looks like I've lost another pound overnight so very happy! Especially as I was naughty yesterday and ate 4 panda liquorice sweets.

Does anyone know how little / how much can send you out of Ketosis? I think I might be out now I've eaten some sweets... back on the straight an narrow today. My mini goal - to be 100% today.

OK so confession time. I was pretty crap last night. After making an amazing stirfry with spring greens and chicken, once my husband went out I picked on prawns and some ham (thinking at least i'm picking on protein) but then went and had about 8 liquorice sweets! It was 100% emotional hunger I'm now coming to realise, like Bookworm said on her diary, it's like an itch you need to scratch.

So checked on my ketostix and they didn't really turn pink so presume I am now out of Ketosis. Crap.

Off to family for lunch, but have explained I am on a diet and can only eat some green salad and protein. Will be having my meal at lunch time and shake for dinner instead. First time I've done it this way around so will have to see how I find it.

Will report back later tonight.

Try not to beat yourself up too much it happened forgive yourself we are only human and get on with being back on track today xxx Good luck, I'm starting ss 100% after lunch out with friends yesterday thought about staring Monday but gave myself a bit of a talking to and that was the old me the new me gets back on the saddle after the fall!!!!!!:D

Today was an OK day actually - went to family for lunch and explained I was on a diet and could only have a small portion of veg and protein. My cousin made a big salad with prawns in it, so had a small portion. There was avocado, yellow peppers and toms in, but I managed to avoid all but one piece of pepper, and one piece of avocado. So I can't have gone too far off plan. Managed to resist all the other lovely salami's, cheeses, ciabatta and quiche no problem at all.

Was a bit worried about having my small meal for lunch and then just having two shakes, but been fine actually. I had a little bit more chicken when I got home as I probably only had 10 prawns in the salad, so should be OK. Very pleased with myself

Tried to mix just shake and ice in a blender tonight - not a great success! The blender needed some water to be able to crush the ice, and I put way too much ice in, so all in all a very watery frapaccino type thing. Would try it again thought with just a few ice cubed and slightly more water.

Got a Christening tomorrow with lunch after at a pub, so fingers crossed I can choose wisely or just not eat at all and not be too conspicuous!

Right - off to Christening today, going to have my first shake now, and take a Tetra with me. Fingers crossed I don't get loads of people asking why I'm not drinking or eating. Going to tell a white lie and say I was very well last night! Wish me luck

Good luck TBag a white lie won't hurt xx I have joined Team Spirit so looking forward to sharing our journey to slim with you all xxx

Having survived the weekend of visiting friends and a Christening, and pretty much sticking to plan 100%, for some reason this morning I just really want a bowl of cereal. I have just sat and watched my son devour his breakfast, and I am so jealous! Don't know why I suddenly feel like this. Day 13 today, I haven't woken up hungry, yet I'm desperate to eat! Mind over matter....

Last day of summer holidays for my son so off to a farm with friends. Let's hope I don't cave in. Weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping for 4lb

Hey Tbag just read through your diary. Good luck with tomorrows WI. I struggled in the early weeks to get my head around it. I now have planned days off. Which is silly cos it kicks you out of ketosis and probably mucks my metabolism up. But it keeps me sane. Don't know how ppl manage 100% all the time. I also got up to 16st during my pregnancy and I'm only 5'2". But I did eat non stop.

Anyhow good luck with it all. Ive subscribed to your diary so I'll keeping popping in.

WI minus 2.5 hours! Eeek - to shake or not to shake first? Will it make that much difference to my weigh in??

I never risk it. But I'm sad and also try and wear the lightest clothing I own too.

Just back from week 2 weigh in..... -4.5lb!! I am really chuffed.

Do you think I can lose 3.75lb for next week to make it a stone??? Thing is I'm away in Devon Saturday and Sunday. Boo, really don't want to go, but family commitments.

BTW - decided not to shake, and my CDC talked me into trying new limited edition flavour, cookies and cream. I can honestly say, it tastes really good! (never thought i'd say that about a CD product)

Try it... let me know what you think.

Hey congrats on the weight loss. That's fab! Fingers crossed you get your mini goal for next week too.

Back