Those three magic words....how long until you heard them?

This is an excellent thread, it took 3 stone before anyone said anything. But to be honest after 4.5 stone there are friends and family who have still said nothing. Not sure if they dont know what to say or if they should be putting requests in for guide dogs! Lol

I have only had 2 people notice, and they are people I don't see very often. My OH, family and close friends haven't got a clue (they don't know I go to SW either) Ive lost nearly 3 stone, but am wearing the same clothes as I did when I was 16 stone. I think maybe people will notice when I buy new clothes but these ones will fit me for a while yet i think :) I tend to wear stretchy stuff, leggings etc, (no trousers/fitted stuff/denim!!!) so it will take a long while for leggings to look loose. No idea what size i was before as its hard to tell with stretch stuff, but I bought a pair of size 16 trousers a few months back to keep trying on as a reference. I have a MASSiVE bum and even when i was really thin when younger i was still a size 12/14 on the bottom and an 8/10 on top :/ so I don't think I'll fit into these trousers for a while but when i do, it will be a real achievement :)

I am starting to get some comments as I near 2 stone loss. My OH said he could tell much earlier - strangly once I started to see the difference so did other people.

I certainly haven't dropped a dress size yet but wonder if I was squeezing myself into clothes like dough - things certainly fit better! xx

I must have been squeezing into things too, although with stretch stuff it doesn't look awful compared to jeans 4 sizes to small etc so i must never have noticed.

I can't wait to really start seeing a difference, my problem is most of my weight is my butt so its going to take some serious weight loss to really notice the difference :)

Like PoppyBibby all my height goes straight to my tummy so after about a stone loss people notice. Once I lost 2 stone I got told I looked skinny! Need to get back to it as gained 10lb back straight onto the tum :-/

I got my 7.5 stone award today and I still see people ive not seen for a while and they dont say a thing. The only people that have, are people that know im losing. Its hard sometimes. But ehh... at least you know :^)

This is why I'm keeping my diet on the down low. Only two people at work know and my mum. I cannot wait until people notice.

I am worried though. You read those articles on the news websites and the "after" photo scares me. People look older with their weight loss. I'm 30 now but look young. I fear losing weight and looking a lot older.

- Jebbie x

I'm still waiting... :(

I haven't really dropped a dress size yet though and I'm quite short. I was at the larger end of a 12 and now I'm definitely 10/12 and noticing it a bit in my clothes.

I think, like a few other people have said, I was much more strategic at hiding it than I realised!! xx

i know what you mean about being tall, therefore takes a while to show! When i was slowly gaining wweight, i think i hid behind the fact that people didnt really notice (im 6'4 so lots of places to fill a pound here and there!) and although i had gained 6 stone people were shocked when i told them what i weighed, but now its not so great as although ive ost over a stone no one has noticed yet!

I got my 7.5 stone award today and I still see people ive not seen for a while and they dont say a thing. The only people that have, are people that know im losing. Its hard sometimes. But ehh... at least you know :^)

What an amazing loss! :) they probably don't recognise you lol

7.5 stone is AMAZING!! I can only
dream.... :)

When I lost all my weight previously it took 4 stone before anyone commented.

I think people are scared to comment incase there is a reason youre losing weight which isnt good.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What a fab thread! I started getting comments after almost 1st lost, now at almost 2st loss a lot more people comment on how well i'm doing and ask how i'm doing it. My mother in law asked the other day how much more I wanted to lose and when I said another 2 stones I got the "don't lose too much" comment, really annoying considering that would only just be a healthy BMI.

No, not "I love you", I mean "You've lost weight"!!!

I have lost over 1.5 stone so far but because I have a fair way to go and because I'm tall I carry my weight fairly "well" meaning losses have to be really drastic before it notices. I haven't even lost a dress size yet!

There was a really interesting post about heightxweightxsize and inspired by that I am curious to know just how long it took for people to notice your diminished size. I think I may be waiting a while :-(

I had lost between fourteen pounds and sixteen pounds and a customer was the first person who noticed it. I gave her a big hug. At 30 pounds however, loads of people noticed. At about 100 pounds a woman who knew me came up, looked at me and said 'there's something different about you'..

This is why I'm keeping my diet on the down low. Only two people at work know and my mum. I cannot wait until people notice.

I am worried though. You read those articles on the news websites and the "after" photo scares me. People look older with their weight loss. I'm 30 now but look young. I fear losing weight and looking a lot older.

- Jebbie x

some of us look better thoughIMG_0061.JPG

Back