A question for those of you who have lost 100lbs or more?

MrsK

If you have lost 100lbs or more, how long did it take you on SW?

I’m currently on 1:1 by Cambridge Weight Plan but it’s a long journey and a boring diet! I’m not sure I can stick to it for the full amount. I’m hoping to have lost 60lbs in my 12 weeks, then maybe do maintenance steps and then switch to something else. I will still have 100lbs to lose though!

If you have lost 100lbs or more, how long did it take you on SW?

I’m currently on 1:1 by Cambridge Weight Plan but it’s a long journey and a boring diet! I’m not sure I can stick to it for the full amount. I’m hoping to have lost 60lbs in my 12 weeks, then maybe do maintenance steps and then switch to something else. I will still have 100lbs to lose though!
Take a look at www.dietdoctor.com It's not SW - its low carb. There are some similarities with the old SW red days. So it might be worth a look. There are a couple of folk doing the diet doctor challenge - and more of us doing low carb/keto etc.

Whatever you decide once you are done with the vlcd, good luck!

Take a look at www.dietdoctor.com It's not SW - its low carb. There are some similarities with the old SW red days. So it might be worth a look. There are a couple of folk doing the diet doctor challenge - and more of us doing low carb/keto etc.

Whatever you decide once you are done with the vlcd, good luck!

Thanks AliGal. LCHF diets (like dietdoctor) aren’t for me. I think I’m going to do a whole30 challenge to reset and then move to something like slimming world. I wouldn’t go mad on carbs though, maybe lower carb, moderate fat. I’ve just got to decide when to stop the VLCD. I might go until December - not sure yet! I’ve already booked an afternoon tea for beginning of December so it may be best to do the maintenance steps before then!

That sounds a grand plan. My firm belief is that long term we need to eat real food - the whole 30 does that well.

I think it depends heavily on what you currently weigh, what you plan on doing and how your body reacts!

For me, I lost 100lb on Slimming World in 21 weeks.

I do SW. I did quite well on red and green but really did not do well on EE.

I am now doing red and green again. I tried myself but didn't come back properly.
Then I found a site on Facebook where you can get the Information needed.
The site is called OLD SCHOOL RED AND GREEN Definitely worth a look. It is run by a guy by the name of Mark. Very knowledgeable.
i put my meals on there too.

i haven’t lost 100lbs (yet, my goal is 96lbs and i might adjust a little when I get closer) But...

if you do decide to go with slimming world, there is the sp diet (low carb) that you can do days of to boost your weight loss. I love slimming world because there is SO much you can eat and it doesn’t get boring. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Back