thought id say hello!

Little Noo

hiya! ive been lurking around for a while and have eventually decided to post! love this site! im a naturally petite person and although i dont weigh too much i would like to tone up for the summer so am using slimfast along with excercise to get that beach body! ive been uncomfotable about my looks for a long time and was called fat at school etc. lost over a stone and a half when i started college but put a stone on when i started uni. ive got rid of nearly 10lbs of that so far and would maybe like to lose another half stone to get the body ive always dreamed of. i know im not particularly overweight but shaping up will definately improve my confidence. so there u are, just thought id introduce myself!

Hi,

I don't think it matters if you have a lot to loose or just a little. I think what matters is how you feel about yourself. If you feel uncomfortable then it's great to do something. Even if it's only a few pounds or so.

I am doing the Slim Fast and exercising thing too.

And you are right this site is fantastic.

thanks linda. i totally agree with you. i am not on this diet for other people, im doing it for me. i dream one day of being really fit and being able to run a marathon - but one step at a time!! what sort of exercise are you doing?
im not a massive fan of cardio so ive been working out with some light weights, i do two sets of each exercise close together so that i end up getting puffed out so im sure it will have the same effect! plus i love the feeling of achey muscles the next day - lets me know ive had a proper work out!

Good luck! And well done for taking the 1st steps towards doing soemthing positive for u!

thanks sacha! good luck if u decide to move on to WW! think we have quite a similar amount to lose and might be around the same age so maybe we can spur each other on?!

oh cool darling!! Good luck... xx

Welcome and good luck darling09, Congrats on your weight loss so far :O)

thanks ugg!

I must admit i'm having abit of a crappy day and am very tempted by the last peice of chocolate fudge cake I made for my OH thats sitting on top of the fridge!! but i think il go for an options hot chocolate instead - the belgian chocolate one is sooo scrummy - much better than cadburys i would say!

the day started off well as ive lost 1/4 of a lb from last week, which im actually realy happy with considering i didnt really stick to my diet last week.

on thursday I met up with an old friend i went travelling with and we ended up having meal and far too many cocktails to mention! (although i only had a brazillian vegetarian curry type thing with a small portion of rice) Then went to an all you can eat buffet on friday (i didnt go too overboard... well... not as much as the guys i was with!) and then had a three course valentines meal with chocolate pud on sat! looking back on it, it seems awful! but i was really good monday thru wednesday and again really good on sunday so i suppose it all works out right in the end! :rolleyes:

this week im trying to stick to the plan and do 30mins exercise each day - will let you know how i get on!

thanks linda. i totally agree with you. i am not on this diet for other people, im doing it for me. i dream one day of being really fit and being able to run a marathon - but one step at a time!! what sort of exercise are you doing?
im not a massive fan of cardio so ive been working out with some light weights, i do two sets of each exercise close together so that i end up getting puffed out so im sure it will have the same effect! plus i love the feeling of achey muscles the next day - lets me know ive had a proper work out!

I've discovered I love exercising. I never liked it, even when I was at school and had no weight issues.

I do quite a bit of cardio. I cycle about 7.5 miles very other day, depending on the weather. Then when I'm not cycling I do a fitness dvd, that got lots of cardio and only a bit of toning.

I am looking at getting more toned up now though, my tummy is looking worse than it did before I started my diet.

My hubby does weights and he offered to do me a toning programme with them. I think I am going to take him up on his idea.

wow lind, 7.5 miles is fantastic! 2 girlfriends and me last summer managed about 7 miles last summer once or twice a week up and down huge hills but haven't done any this year yet as still recovering lol.

as for the weights there was a link on hear that showed a youtube clip with a single weight doing squats that supposedly showed great results, just bought a weight from tesco £3.91 if you interested, its got a handle on it which helps, and will start next week when kids go back to see if it makes any difference. x

that is sooo much!! well done!! i must say, i am one of the most unfittest people ever!! i think i would die doing that. i am easing myself in gently and after having read alot about exercise on sports websites i have decided to do 4 days of weights and 2 cardio sessions per week.
i do a mixture of arm, leg and tummy toning exercises which involve squats and lunges whilst holding on to small weights. i did some yesterday morning and my thigh and bum muscles are killing!! i plan to do another 30 minutes tonight and hope to get to the gym twice this week with a friend to do some cardio. i dont know if this will make a massive difference to my appearance but it cant do any harm!!

The biking is mainly on the flat!!! I think I would die if I had to go up any hills.

I tried jogging but I didnt have the strength in my legs, thats when I started biking because I realised I needed to get stong and toned and fit as well as just loose weight.

I love the biking though, it's something I can do when my little one is at playgroup and I can't afford the gym at the moment so I have to do what I can.

but still! cycling downhill for seven miles would be a struggle for me!! :8855:

I do actually really enjoy cycling, especially off road mountain biking, but when i moved into my new place my bike got stolen :( and dont think its worth buying another one because it will no doubt just get taken again!!

luckily i go to my SU gym where it is very cheap and you dont have to have a membership, u just pay when you go, only a pound something i think. i find it really daunting going there on my own tho so always find it best to take a friend. hopefully i will also start to do some swimming too when my body confidence improves enough to be seen in a swimsuit!!

when i have the motivation i will sometimes join my OH for a jog... well actually its more like a shuffle!! i only do a mile or so, and it probably takes just as long as walking it but i get very puffed out and sweaty so it must be good for me!

didnt manage to fit in a morning workout today tho so am going to do one abit later on as my OH is having a boys night out. so for me its a night of housework and exercise then a nice hot bath and a face mask!

:8855:Thats jsut about my plan for the evening too.

When I go swimming my hubby comes with me, he will look after our little boy and I will go for a swim. I take them with me because my hubby looks a bit like desperate dan with tattoos!! :8855: He'd kill me for saying that. :8855:

With me it's not the confidence that's the issue, as far as I'm concerned if someone is going to laugh at my size then they're going to do no matter what I am doing, so stuff them is what I say!! :D

:8855: lol!! i think id probably go with a friend as it wont feel too much like exercise!

that is a very good point! but for me its not so much what other people may say or think, its how i feel. ive never had anybody laugh at me before, but after being overweight when i was young my self confidence is low. i used to have loads of confidence, did public speaking, volenteered for everything going, but now i seem to have lost that. dont know where it has gone but i want it back! this diet isnt so much about weight for me anymore, as i dont have that much more to lose, its about getting fitter, toned and confident. slimfast is just giving me abit of a helping hand!

last year i went to my summer ball and i think the photos look awful! i was 10lb bigger than what i am now (which shows alot at this height), my hair is awful (why oh why didnt i get a haircut??) and all my makeup has rubbed off. my aim is to this year have pictures that i am proud of!

I hate all my pictures, every time I look at myself in a photo I just think how on earth did I allow myself to get like that?? :mad:

It makes me cross, I used to be slim and gorgeous. Even if I do say so myself. :D

I'm not even half way there yet, but I will get there and I will get me back!!

well it definately sounds like you are going to do it! dont let those photos make you angry, use them as motivation. then you can use your slim photos as inspiration. i find it is much better to use photos of yourself as inspiration than ones of celebrities. they are just not realistic. i would love to look like cheryl cole but her photos are airbrushed and she must have a personal trainer, the time to exercise for hours each day, and probably her own chef! so setting achievable goals that you know you can manage (because you have been there before) is much better!!

u may not be half way there yet, but at least you are on your way!! and every lb lost is on your way to a healthier, more gorgeous you!!

You are so right. I went and got my photos of when I was biggest and smallest and put them togethere. I realised it's still me and I have just another 7lb to ge until I am halfway there and I have only been dieting since November last year. I should celebrate my achivements so far not look at how much I still have left to do.

Thank you! :p

Let the photos encourage you! Uve had a fantastic loss already, I am sure you will get thre... we all will!

Let the photos encourage you! Uve had a fantastic loss already, I am sure you will get thre... we all will!
Thanks Sacha,

Wish I lived near you, I'd buy all your SF stuff!!

Oh and did anybody tell you that you have cheek bones to die for!!! (not in a gay way) :8855:

Back