Thought it time

Katesands8

Silver Member
Hi I thought it was time I introduced myself, I've flirted with the boards, hoping I've given some good advice :).
I'm 49 and have been a live in nanny to two lovely boys for the last 16 1/2 yrs :eek: where does the time go?.
I have lost 3 st since September when I had the hypno-gastric band done, best thing I ever did really.
I joined WW last week after being stuck around the 3st mark. I was getting a bit samey with food and just thought my system needed a bit of a rekick start! lol. Seems to have worked.
I try and go to the gym every weekday, but it's been a bit hit and miss the last few weeks as the boys are doing GCSEs and spend a lot of time on study leave.
I've gone from a size 28/30 to a 22/24 and lost at least 9cm off my waist (it might be more now lol!).
This time I'm going to do it, hoping supporting and being supported on these boards will help me!

Good luck to all of you on the same road ~ see you along the way!:D:D

Hi I have just started on the forum too :) I had heard about the hypno gastric band before but never thought it would actually work..that's great how much you've lost!!!!

Oh it works lol. I never thought it would and when he asked me what I was hoping to get out of the sessions I replied honestly? Nothing at all! He just laughed.
It's still working ~ without it I would still be enjoying my diet coke and I would be eating biscuits and crisps lol.
But it's not just a "band" he tells you you will make healthier choices, this is true I rarely have diet coke anymore having swapped it for sparkly water. That I would enjoy and do exercise! I'm at the gym 5 days a week and feel bad if I don't go grrrr!!
He's even taken alcohol away from me lol (Not that I was a big drinker anyway!) I start one and leave it.
But it helped because he makes you face why you always failed at dieting before, the blocks are now gone and I'm ready to be thin ~ but accepting that was very emotional for me and I probably cried for 3 weeks during a healing and accepting myself period!
Thank god for my wonderful friends!
Good luck on your journey I'm sure with all of the support here we will both finish the journey this time x

Hi Kate & welcome to Minimins!

I would be really interested in hearing more about the hypno band as I find it fascinating!! :)

I've used Marisa Peer's "You can be thin" Hypno CD (not hypno band) and found it really worked while I was listening to it regularly but wore off when I stopped.

Do you see your hypnotherapist regularly or was it a series of session and then that's it? How was it done - I've read that some are actually taken through the surgery procedure step by step so that it creates memories of the surgery itself but I've also heard about therapists who simply enforces the message that the stomach is small and can only take a little food etc.

Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck losing the rest with the help of WW!!

Hi Alli and thankyou,
My hypnotherapy was a series of sessions. I did it over a weekend, but he does do intensive 1 day sessions, (having had the response I did I'm glad I opted for the weekend!) or you can do the sessions at his offices over a period of time.
There were 3 sessions, getting us relaxed talking about why we were there , what we were hoping to gain. The next session was sort of therapy session where internally we were taken through why we put on weight, and what made us fail up to that point.
The next day we had the final session where we were actually taken through a surgical procedure, from the anaesthetist coming into your room, into the operating room etc all the time he played the sounds of an operating theatre to reinforce the experience.
I really didn't think it had worked because I felt too aware of noises etc, but other people felt the instruments and the monitors.
As we were told beforehand the sounds were in the room what our brains made of them was an individual experience.
Adrian has an 80% success rate which is pretty good. He also is also working with people who have had actual surgery but because of such rapid weight loss they still see themselves as overweight!
I have a series of cds to carry on the reinforcement side of things and I can call or email if i need more or a different one to help me as I go!
These, unlike the self hypnosis cds you can buy anywhere are specific to me, they use my name and use things I've mentioned to Adrian.
An example would be he keeps telling me I AM going to be that butterfly I want to be, that I will be able to buy that floaty dress from Monsoon. That I will be that size 16, or 14 or maybe even a 12 (he changd the goalpost on me with the size 12 lol).
Well I have lost enough to get into a monsoon dress, unfortunately at £160 I wasn't going to buy it lol. But I'm getting there.
Anything else you want to ask please feel free to ask
x

Hi PurpleStar,
No I don't mind at all. It wasn't cheap but at the end of the day my philosophy was if it doesn't work all I've lost is money!
I paid £690 but that included £140 for the very nice hotel and food! The hypno itself was £550, took me a while to save up but I consider it the best money I've ever spent!
I've never stayed on any diet long enough to lose 3st lol.
As for exercise? Well I joined the same gym I'm at now a few years ago and paid for 2yrs without going once!
I used to drink about 5/6 cans of diet coke a day, now I only have a pepsi if I go out to the Toby lol (it's cheaper than bottled water!
I could put the link up for him as long as nobody would be offended by it.
Anything else you want to ask please just do so
x

Wow you have a great story there! :)

It sounds great, I've only ever heard of it once in the media..good on ya and keep us updated on your success story..you'll be in a 12 in no time :) x

Back