THOUGHT PROVOKING

jackie2029

Heres some psychological stuff for you, im no expert but ive certainly done a lot of research on the subject

YOUR ACTIONS ARE A RESULT OF YOUR EMOTIONS
YOUR EMOTIONS ARE A RESULT OF YOUR THOUGHTS
YOU CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

I see it so many times ( and have experienced it myself) people struggling with the temptation of food. We get into a way of thinking that we have no control over our behaviour as we have built up years of bad eating and bad habits, then we beat ourselves up when we give in.

But did you know that we can control our thoughts, thoughts come out as emotions, emotions come out as our actions.

So we work backwards. When we say out loud to ourselves or others 'this diet is soooo hard, i cant do it' you are actually sending a command to your brain!!!! You are telling your brian, i cant do this, and your brian will do as its told, so the first thing is to stop saying out loud how hard it is. Now this doesnt seem like a difficult task but if you try it, you will realise how often you do it, and this in effect makes you realise if you keep sending that command to your brain, no wander your struggling. So instead of 'this is too hard', say something like 'this is for me and will become easier'. Now you might not believe this last remark at the moment but go with it and youl see a massive difference in your thoughts on it. This 'will become easier' is sending that command to your brain which in turn starts a chain reaction to your thoughts, then to your feelings, and it will show in your actions. We have to believe we can do it and its possible but if we dont think its possible, how can we follow through??? Guys seem to find this a bit easier than us girls which is why sometimes they come across as very matter of fact. They just tell themself they are on a diet and the emotions dont get in the way!

To help, think of all the good reasons your doing this, i mean properly, write them down, seriously think about them, then visuialise yourself thin, just close your eyes and imagine a great body, if you cant do this as it does take some practise but is possible, then cut out a picture from a magazine of a lovely body then stick your head on it from a photo. Imagine how you will feel in that body, how you will move, what you will wear what if feels like to be the slim you. (This is a great place to put yourself when u want to cheat). What your doing is promoting 'thought' from this image, remember thoughts,feelings, actions,

What you will find happening is you will think less of the 'how hard' and more of the 'how easy is this'. It will stop the cycle of bad thoughts.feeling, emotions in their tracts and create the good stuff.. You CAN control your thoughts, if you tell yourself you cant, you wont because thats what your telling your brain so know that you can, even if you dont believe you can just try it and see. If all else fails, scream a massive NO! the minute your thoughts wonder over to food, heres to a slim summer xx

Just what I was just about to say lol.
That is a fantastic, informative, positive and a helpful well written post. It should be a sticky to help all the strugglers get on.
Nice one J xxx

arhh cheers hun, lol u do make me laugh, u single? ;)

yep no one wants me im naughty lol x

surely not! lol jx

Its true and dont call me Shirley! x

Brill that Jackie!! Am gonna wright it down on my arm so when im at work serving food all day i can just look at my right bicep and there it is!! Ha xx

i should have checked the speling! lol yummy your in week 3 like me! bring it on jx

yep :) got my weigh in on friday. whens yours? weird how you actually look forward to jumping on the scales lol 1st time EVER in my life x

me too, my weighins mondays but ive got a camping weekend coming up so will be starting eating again wednesday nite onwards so i can have a bit of food and drink the weekend

Fab post hun....must try this seem to be struggling since monday xxx When you asked Garry if he was single....was that because you think hes cute lmao

hahah no cos he makes me laugh, rare quality these days, everyone seems to be soooo serious!

well that didnt come out like i wanted! lol hes not bad looking.........

Awwwwww...and i thought there was love in the air...and that you 2 could be the first Minimins (real) marriage ...yeah, a good sense of humor is rare...even more rare is a good man!!!!

flattery will get you everywhere, dont worry Nics just gets jealous lmao xxx

omg what have i started! lol jx

Me jealous ....always xxxx LMAO jackie you canni say anything without it coming back around to something sorded ...a MM weddiing would be fab tho...so you fancy garry or what teee heee

awww he cant possibly get married....hes gotta share himself around all of us! would only be fair! ;) lol xx

Back