Threadstoppers United. For the new, nearly new...or even the old members :)

I think it's break pads and break discs and handbreak pedal. We also had to change a tyre that was only 2 months old as it was damaged (maybe due to the other probs not sure). Breaks need to be safe so worth every penny I suppose but we could do without it, of course!

Mizzy has his yearly bonus this month but we also have another £3000 bill to pay in the next few weeks. Don't think his bonus is going to cover it all, we'll manage but no extras.

Dizzy x

Should say handbreak cable not pedal.

It is a pain but we know these things come along from time to time I suppose. I was hoping it was going to be under £200, I guess they try and find AMAP while it's at the garage.

Mizzy's cars a banger now too so expecting some more bills soon or a new car needed.

I need to up my job searching quick!

Dizzy x

Ack, thats alot to find in one go.:eek:

I have just changed my car insurance from Admiral to Hastings and saved a bundle!

Budge over - threadstopper extraordinaire coming through :D

Redpam & Kassi you're gonna have to better than that :p

Kassi - I've joined the one at JJB in the Retail Park, didn't think about HLC, have you been down there, I expect it's all very nice & new. Well done on your two days, day 3 now hopefully the Ketosis Fairy will come & pay you a visit today :)

Have a good day all & where's Sonkie this morning, she usually wakes this thread up?

Sorry guys have been busy today though im here now

Hiya Sonkie - wondered where you'd got to. Had a good day?

Hiya Sonkie - wondered where you'd got to. Had a good day?

Yeh thanx .....cant remember doing to much really but I was kept busy with the little one I look after, and my appointment for son to have eyes tested, also went out for a walk.
Started making an easter bonnet for youngest son made a top hat type just gotta work out what to put on it.....all ideas gratefully received.

How arty are you? Could you paint some eggs (hard boiled or blown out) and attach them around the brim?

I just had a brief thought then when you said round the rim....... lol like a hat from australia with the old corks on...that is different.....might give it a go.....heehee
How are you today, im still having a great week......!

Oh yes, that's even better, I did mean sitting on top of the rim, but it'd look really good hanging down from it instead. What a great artistic team we make :p

Glad to hear it's still going well for you - I assume that means no more picking, good on yer girl.

I have to say that I'm sitting here in complete agony, went to the gym for the first time yesterday and lets just say the instructor was a bit keen & I definately overdid it. I've stiffened up so much now that I can't bear the thought of going back downstairs again, so I'm off shortly to have a bath and watch some telly in bed. Def feeling a bit sorry for myself :sigh:

AWWWyou must take it a bit easier, not nice seizing up like that. I know you meant on top of rim.....lol. MMMMM what about using mini eggs and threading them onto a bit of cotton and hanging them on rim.......will have to sew my mouth up whilst I do it....lol

AWWWyou must take it a bit easier, not nice seizing up like that. I know you meant on top of rim.....lol. MMMMM what about using mini eggs and threading them onto a bit of cotton and hanging them on rim.......will have to sew my mouth up whilst I do it....lol

Can you trust yourself with the mini eggs Sonya?

Good on ya if you can!

Dizzy x

thinkin bout gettin some twigs to make a nest for top of his hat.......just need a bird to sit in the top.....any offers..?

nah maybe not......anymore ideas for easter bonnets ?

One year for Arties easter bonnet we made a card band to go around his head and put a paper plate on the top. I painted the plate with blue stripes like a traditional breakfast plate (cornishware style) I then stuck an egg cup on the top with an egg shell and plastercene in it to look like a lovely boiledy egg. We also stuck a spoon in it. We then stuck toy plastic soldiers all over the plate. So it was boiled egg and soldiers.

We liked it but he didn't win a prize.

He liked it too as he loved anything army.

Another one I did for Theo a few years back was where I used a straw hat as the base and stuck a box over it. It was wrapped up with brown paper and string and addressed with a special delivery label. We then cut out pictures of spring babies lambs etc and decorated the rest of the hat as in all the special deliveries of springtime.

We've done the chicks in the nest ones as well but those two where my favourites. They haven't done easter bonnet competition at school lately though. Guess it's because the holidays have changed.

Dizzy x

AWWW how sweet, I have only ever had to do 1, made a tube out of card, coloured it brown to look like a tree and stuck it on his head, then cut off little branches and twigs off the fir tree in our old garden and stuck it through the card all the way round did the old nest thing too on top and stuck a robin on top. He won most unusual so was ok.

Right im off to bed now, see you all tomo......Nite ...sweet dreams, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...!

AWWW how sweet, I have only ever had to do 1, made a tube out of card, coloured it brown to look like a tree and stuck it on his head, then cut off little branches and twigs off the fir tree in our old garden and stuck it through the card all the way round did the old nest thing too on top and stuck a robin on top. He won most unusual so was ok.

Right im off to bed now, see you all tomo......Nite ...sweet dreams, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...!

Ooh most unusual prize. That's the one I would want. I love to be individual. The nest in the tree hat sounds good!

Dizzy.

Back