Throat infection

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by c_robson, 8 February 2010 Social URL.

1. c_robson

c_robson Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well I've just got back from the docs armed with antibiotics as I have a throat infection! lovely! however the doc said that he thinks its got worse because of the such limited calories. He wanted me to up them to over 1000 but I finally convinced him that the ss+ would be enough. reluctantly he agreed but doesn't want me to go back to ss and wants me to stay on SS+. After having a SS+ day on Saturday on the advice of my CDC because I was really hungry (now realised it was the illness causing this!) i feel I can handle eating without a problem, but still a bit worried it will compromise my weight loss if i stay on ss+ long term.

What do you think?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Agnes

Agnes Full Member

Start Weight:
    128kg
    Current Weight:
    128kg
    Goal Weight:
    95kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Corinna,

Couldn't you do SS+ or even 1000 kcals until your throat infection is over and you finished your antibiotics? I'm sure you will still lose weight although perhaps it won't be as big as on SS. You say you're worried about being on SS+ long term but does it need to be long term? Anyway, I hope your throat gets beter soon :eek:
    Agnes x

4. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    I had a throat infection and fever last week and my CDC wanted me to go on 1500, take multi vitamins and make sure I have half pint of milk too. (I was on 3 different meds.)
    It's more important to get better first the diet will always be there after. Get well soon

5. sasha63

sasha63 I ♥ CD !!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    meal replacement
    aww how awful, hope you feel better soon hun

6. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    The differences between SS and SS+ losses are nothing really, a lot of people don't even do SS and still average the stone a month loss. It is still only 600 calories.

7. LeaPJ

LeaPJ Perseverance is key

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(16.74%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.