Thyroid Problems...........

Dreamer<3

I was wondering if anyone suffers with Thyroid problems like I do.

I had my thyroid removed about 7 years ago and ever since have been fighting my losing battle with my weight gain.

It seems that the doctors have got no interest what so ever and are so un supportive, I am off in half an hour to see the nurse to see if she is a bit more understanding(they normally are).

I take thyroxine every day and will have to now for the rest of my life. The blood test result say my thyroid levels are fine but actually I have all the syptoms of an underactive thyorid so I am hoping to end this today...

Would be great to hear from other like minded people.

xx

sorry can't help hun but lm sure will be along soon :D

Hi Dreamer

I've got an underactive thyroid and take thyroxine too. I get my blood checked regularly and had to have the dose increased a few months ago. Even though my blood levels are now ok I still feel the effects of having thyroid problems on some days with extreme tiredness, thinning hair & eyebrows and general slowing down.

So I think that even when all is ok we can still have down days although the down days are not enough to cause the same level of symptoms that untreated thyroid problems can cause. I did start to put weight on before my meds were increased but after that I had to admit to myself that it was my overeating and lack of exercise causing the weight gain.

Hope you get on ok with the nurse

Somebody I knew in the past had thyroid problems he had multiple tests on the NHS and then a few with private Dr's. Turns out his thyroid levels were borderline normal on the NHS where the threshold for normal results is wider than the threshold they use in the private tests. Could be your on that very bottom edge of "normal" and need more pills.

Thanks for the advice ladies, I did think it could be because I am on the border line you know, I have nearly every single syptom.

I am going to suggest this next month when I visit the nurse again.

All she said this time was try swimming 3 times a week. So I am off to France at the weekend for 4 days then I am going to start my 3 days a week swimming xx

Hi. last year I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid, the blood test found that I was boarder line, and I will have to take Eltroxin everyday for the rest of my life, before I found out I had a thyroid problem, I was tired all the time, my hair was falling out and general slowing down. I still have a few bad days a month but nothing like before I started the tablets, since I have started the Weight Watchers Diet and taking the tablets, I am still, so far able to lose weight.

Back