Thyroxine & Xenical

blondie29

Sorry to post again but I also take levothyroxine for a under active thyroid and ive noticed on the leaflet with the tablets that it says the xenical can stop the thyroxine working, so does anyone take both? If so should I change the time that I take my thyroxine from the morning until the evening maybe?

Thanks in advance for any help x x x

Xenical can stop absorption so you need to take it a long time after/before you take your thyroxine. When I tried Xenical I took it just with my evening meal rather than breakfast. I take my thyroxine in the mornings. As I just had porridge for brekkie and lentil soup for lunch I figured I wasn't eating much fat anyway.

i've moved my thyroxine to bedtime since i started the zenical and must say i feel so much better than i have for years :rolleyes:

my doctor told me not to take the zenical in the morning cos it would interfere with the thyroxine but i decided to move to bedtime and am so glad i have.

have so much more energy it's unbelievable.

try it and let me know how you feel.;)

i've moved my thyroxine to bedtime since i started the zenical and must say i feel so much better than i have for years :rolleyes:

my doctor told me not to take the zenical in the morning cos it would interfere with the thyroxine but i decided to move to bedtime and am so glad i have.

have so much more energy it's unbelievable.

try it and let me know how you feel.;)

It was you MRS A, i knew someone had said it :D

Thanks for the replies

I will move it then Mrs A, I was so worried about the xenical messing it up and ive only been on it 15 months and its taken until now to get it to the correct dose in the last month so I didnt want to mess it up.

Will definately take it at bedtime tonight and fingers crossed I will have some energy and some weight loss :)

Will let you know how i get on.

good luck hun x

know what you mean about getting it to the correct strength - it takes so loing and you are feeling yuk all that time !!!
i dont know why they mess about starting with 50mg when everyone i know is on a much higher dosage.

i take 175 a day and have done for donkeys years :rolleyes:

Back