Tiggertoes on Atkins

Thanks for the support girls. It means a Hellavalot! ML your post was well received and a huge thanks is in order. You are right, it will eventually become a part of me. I will have to make it work. I take my hat off to you for being so strong through everything you've been through.

I wondered endlessly through the aisles at Tesco today and I was lost for the most part of it. My world has changed for good and I need to come to grips with it. For the first time I've realised just how restrictive the world is for people who have these sort of diseases and intolerances and it's a great pity. The GF aisle is a mere one shelf in a thousand and unless you read every single label in store you will never know what you might be eating.

I work long shifts where I start early and finish late and there's never enough time to plan meals when the days turn into nights and I sometimes end up missing whole weeks. It's not just a small change for me. I simply cannot grab and go anymore, everything will require planning and I need to be so vigilant now. I mindlessly ate 2 chocolate digestives the other day and ended up with so much pain that I'm still smarting.

Enough of the moping already!!

Today has been a milestone in my life. I've shed too many tears too much time and way too much energy on where I am today and it feels like a great achievement.
Believe me when I say that I am extremely proud to become a British citizen..

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life...

Attachments

• IMG-20120703-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20120703-WA0003.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 50
You look gorgeous there TT - and the certificate isn't bad either ;) well bloody done!

moonlights said:
You look gorgeous there TT - and the certificate isn't bad either ;) well bloody done!

Thanks hon! I fitted into a size 14 Jasper Conran dress that I bought before Xmas to set a goal. Let's just say my OH had trouble with keeping his thoughts to himself today Hehe. It was slightly on the snug side but the next time I wear it its going to fit perfectly ;)

That's certi is the equivalent of a blood diamond in my world.

ladyfelsham said:
You look fabulous! The smile says it all :)

Thanks Susie. It's a well rehearsed pose. My OH calls it my cheese face. ;)

ladyfelsham said:
Lucky you're not going for NZ citizenship - a cheese face there means wriggling about so you don't blow off :eek::D

Haha that's great! I'll remember that next time.

TIGGERTOES said:
Thanks for the support girls. It means a Hellavalot! ML your post was well received and a huge thanks is in order. You are right, it will eventually become a part of me. I will have to make it work. I take my hat off to you for being so strong through everything you've been through.

I wondered endlessly through the aisles at Tesco today and I was lost for the most part of it. My world has changed for good and I need to come to grips with it. For the first time I've realised just how restrictive the world is for people who have these sort of diseases and intolerances and it's a great pity. The GF aisle is a mere one shelf in a thousand and unless you read every single label in store you will never know what you might be eating.

I work long shifts where I start early and finish late and there's never enough time to plan meals when the days turn into nights and I sometimes end up missing whole weeks. It's not just a small change for me. I simply cannot grab and go anymore, everything will require planning and I need to be so vigilant now. I mindlessly ate 2 chocolate digestives the other day and ended up with so much pain that I'm still smarting.

Enough of the moping already!!

Today has been a milestone in my life. I've shed too many tears too much time and way too much energy on where I am today and it feels like a great achievement.
Believe me when I say that I am extremely proud to become a British citizen..

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life...

Well done TT, and welcome to the British family :)

And I have to agree you look absolutely stunning!!

As said above, you will learn to live a happy life inside the restraints of your food intolerances....and what you have to remember the same as all of us sometimes is that food is not the be all and end all, it's a substance that makes us function!

Try not to become too fixed on the cant haves and enjoy cooking from scratch in batch etc...you'll find some amazing gluten free cook books out there xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

..and what you have to remember the same as all of us sometimes is that food is not the be all and end all, it's a substance that makes us function!

Well said Jo.

You look gorgeous TT. Do you have the latest gluten free uk directory? You'll see in it how much you CAN have.

Thanks Jo. That's a lesson I'm still teaching myself. ;) I've invested in a few highly recommended gf cookbooks so I can start somewhere.

Hi Val, I'm new to all of this. There's a gf directory? I was sure I was confined to whatever was available in my shop. I've heard some of the stuff is quite vile so its going to be a case of trial and error.

You are all so helpful I can't thank you enough. I really am not alone in this am I :)

You'll never be alone here :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gosh thanks. Yesterday is a million miles away now. Making the best of it.

I'm happy because I have so much to be happy about. Like you I've had to fight tooth and claw to come out on top. For now it's all smooth sailing.

I've started today with baking some excellent breakfast muffins. Coconut flour almond flour cheese eggs and bacon. They are really great. Almost like a savoury cheese scone. The recipe I followed says they're 2g of carbs each. I had two just to make sure they tasted ok.

My menu for today :
2 x Breakfast scones
Coffee
Hand full of cherries

Fisherman's pie sans mash
Salad

Courgette soup

I feel that I've turned a new page today. Great things to come in my life. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Last edited:
Pollyanna... Love it. Don't think I can pull off such optimism. But I do admire those who can. My MIL is a sun-is-always- shining kind of person. Lovely way to be.

Hi TT, good to hear you are thinking more positively. Definitely worth focusing on how great you will feel:)
Xx

Beautiful photo TT... You look amazing! Xx

Alpaca said:
Beautiful photo TT... You look amazing! Xx

Thanks Di. X

Oh babes I'm so delighted to read all the positivity coming from your posts - you do not have to make these woe adjustments alone, we will be here :)

Hi Val. Thanks a mil for that. No idea what's going on with my pages. I think its the Android application.

I'm going to order that directory today.

Many many thanks x

Back