Tiggertoes on Atkins

Hello ladies.

TT is back to 100% Atkins today. Yesterday was a purge day (to use up any extra cals and carbs I'd accumulated during my downfall days) so I stuck to mostly liquids and carb free fare.

Today I have it all planned out.

Menu:

Beef burger
2 eggs scrambled with alpro cream
Babybel
drop of ketchup

King prawn salad (lettuce tomatoes cucumber)

Chicken saag
Cauli rice

Plenty of water and a mug of alpro.

I've decided to limit my cheese to 1-2 servings a day because I'm sure it caused a stall before. I'm also limiting the evil scratchings to 20g a day to see how I get on.

I've set my goal at a 3kg or around 7lb shift before Dubai.

I have nights this and next week to contend with but I have changed teams and am working with my two best work friends who are also currently low carbing so it should be a breeze. I feel sorry for the two guys that are stuck with us because their already lively shifts are about to get a lot more livelier...

I've been stuck with the team of DOOM for 3 years where I've not ony been the youngest by around 30 years but also the only happily married one between bitter divorcees... My work life up to now has been really really crap to say the least.

A lot to look forward to.

I hope alls well with everyone.

Happy low carbing xxx

All sounds good, and glad you have good company to look forward to on your nights - am sure it makes a big difference!

What's the alpro cream like? Is it lower carb than normal cream?

Alpro cream is 1.6g per 100ml I don't use a lot of it (mainly a teaspoon in my mug of Soya or to make up fat when I'm low) I love the taste though. It's like concentrated soya milk. Thick and creamy.

I just know that life will be so much easier from now on. I spend so much time at work and it's been a real struggle.

Last edited:
So pleased worklife is on the up, Tigs - we spend so much time at work, it's great when it's with nice people :)

And well done on getting back in the zone! xxx

Now I know where I go wrong! Lol... I've never used a teaspoon to measure anything! Ha ha...

Well done TT xxx

ladyfelsham said:
So pleased worklife is on the up, Tigs - we spend so much time at work, it's great when it's with nice people :)

And well done on getting back in the zone! xxx

Thanks Susie. It's been a total nightmare working with people who don't think I'm worth the dirt on their shoes. The worst part is that I've been working for the company for twice as long as some of them. A lot of people just refuse to accept me because I'm a foreigner. That's all I'll ever be to them.

Anyhow, worry I won't. My life is about to change for the better. I am so happy. I was really considering leaving and starting afresh in the new year.

I forgot how much I can eat on Atkins... I've had my planned meals with snacks and I'm still 300 cals under my daily quote of 1600.. I love being back :D

Alpaca said:
Now I know where I go wrong! Lol... I've never used a teaspoon to measure anything! Ha ha...

Well done TT xxx

I didn't before Di but I'm going to do induction differently this time (the right way if there is such a thing) I STS alot last time and I'm sure it was down to being to blasè about the quantities. I'm trying to get the balance right so it all works for me. Let's see how that goes because I'm actually allergic to restrictions. ;)

Yes you're absolutely right! I need to be more grown up and mature about the diet! I have been very gung ho! Lol

I'm embarrassed to hear about your experiences in this country!!! Horrified even... Thank goodness I live in such a multi cultural and accepting part of the country... I couldn't deal with that attitude! Xx

Thanks Di. More fool them because they're the ones losing out ;)

Hi TT glad to hear you have a better workplace environment - shame some people so narrow minded! Well doen getting back to i duction too

What part of surrey are you in TT? I have friends in Wimbledon and there's a huge SA community there - SA snack shop in the station etc.

Morning TT
So pleased to hear about the improvements at work, we spend so much time at work that it is important to be happy there( well as much as possible!)
Food sounds yummy! When are you off to Dubai?

moonlights said:
What part of surrey are you in TT? I have friends in Wimbledon and there's a huge SA community there - SA snack shop in the station etc.

We live between West Byfleet and Woking, and we have an SA shop right next to the station here to ;) I pop in once or twice a year when I'm really in the mood for something different. Apparently a large community of us around here and I'm sure I'll find many haunting the local dive but tbh I'm not really fussed about being part of the South African community in England (however harsh that may sound) I've never really been one for putting myself in a box and most South Africans I've met here are cliché traditionalists and they isolate themselves from really integrating with the rest of the world. One of the reasons why I left was to explore the world and it's multi-cultures.

slaj said:
Morning TT
So pleased to hear about the improvements at work, we spend so much time at work that it is important to be happy there( well as much as possible!)
Food sounds yummy! When are you off to Dubai?

Beginning of August we go, it's going to be sweltering. The hotel we are staying at has a bathtub overlooking the beach, I might fill it up with ice and just stay in there for 10 days ;)

Menu for today:

Lamb leg steak
Salad

Smoked salmon stuffed with lemon & herb cream cheese

Toulouse sossies
Cauli mash
Broccoli

Ketosis I'd definitely starting early for me, my fingers are icicles and I can murder someone with this death breath. I hope I get that sorted before my dentist appointment this afternoon. :O

I feel great! If ever I needed any reassurance that sugar and carbs don't work for me this is it. One day back on Atkins and I feel like a new person, no more low energy, no sluggishness or bloating and I had my first unassisted WITP today. I <3 Atkins!!

Last edited:
Great your working with a new and good team. The others sound like right harpies.

yay to eating lots of food.

I think my 2 dearly departed kitties were in a cattery in quarantine in Woking years ago. I lived in Surrey for 18 months and it is beautiful. Love the pubs;)

Hi Ladies. Sorry if I don't respond. Nights sucking all the life out of me as usual.. One more to go.

I hope the sun shines for you all today x

Menu

Ham stuffed with cream cheese
2 Red dog chilli frankies

Pork chop
Garlic mayo
Broccoli
Swede mash

Evil scratchings
Cheddar
2 tsps smoked chilli chutney
Mug of alpro

On my train back to work and it's a very different picture from my train ride home this morning... I missed out on the only sunny day this month. :(

Back