Tiggertoes on Atkins

I did a bit of next season buying in primark the other day. Hopefully buying a couple of nice warm cardis will lure out the sun.

Glad you're doing well and on track - I think I'm in denial about how nuts London is going to get once the 'limpics really kick in. Still wish I had tickets though!

ladyfelsham said:
So lovely to see you Tigs - and I know what you mean, I work in Greenwich and it is mad crazy with tourists already, all taking up the whole pavement and not being aware of people who Need To Get On! Arggghhhh :D

Well done on the holiday shopping, it had to be done!

Sxxx

PS love the DOOM acronym - what does it stand for?

Thanks Susie. It's so busy. And it's going to get a whole lot worse. I'm really glad I don't depend on the Underground for transport. I feel sorry for those who do.

DOOM isn't really an acronym here. It's just what it is. DOOM. Like being trapped in a dark lonely place filled with misery and sadness.. A bit like Hell but wetter...

I promise to catch up with everyone this weekend.

moonlights said:
I did a bit of next season buying in primark the other day. Hopefully buying a couple of nice warm cardis will lure out the sun.

Glad you're doing well and on track - I think I'm in denial about how nuts London is going to get once the 'limpics really kick in. Still wish I had tickets though!

We've been prepped to expect a daily influx of 800k - 1mil extra people on the Underground. That's on top of the 3-4mil we already have a day...

The trains will run from 5am till 3am everyday. It will be a great test of our resources. All eyes on London.

Menu for today is:

Guacamole made with avo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, black pepper.
2 x 100% beef burgers
Grilled haloumi cheese
Babybel

Mince
Courgettes

Tuna
Mayo
Saucisson sec

Sounds like a nightmare... I've been avoiding thinking about transport but I guess I ought to! In fact I've been trying to avoid thinking about the limpics full stop! Lol

Food looks great! Xx

An extra mil per day. Wowsers. Is that likely to continue through the Paralympics too do you think? Eh, we're londoners though, if there's one thing we're used to dealing with it's disrupted travel. Growing up during the Irish terror threat there were always stations closed for bomb scares. Eddie Izzard did a sketch that was so true - you could always tell a Londoner from a tourist on the tube because during a bomb scare the tourist would freak out and the Londoner would be going... Ok so if I take the bakerloo line instead I'll only lose ten minutes...

Bit of a different atmosphere these days regarding terrorism of course but I still find it interesting, those of us who grew up with the IRA and people who are new to the idea of threat. One of my abiding memories as a child was always sitting up waiting to be sure my parents got home safely. A pub down our road had been bombed and killed people, and so had the building my dad worked in (before he worked there) so I was always aware of the issue.

And that's a cheery topic of course! Sorry!

Sorry ML the like was for Eddie Izzard (not terrorism!) :)

And I finally getcha on the doom bit Tigs - I'm a lovely woman but slow on the uptake :D But that's all behind you now, happily.

Transport is going to be nuts - I heard a woman at work today saying she'd just catch the DLR instead, not the best thought through contingency plan - so imagine her face when I told her it was closed from 7am....

Hello Ladies. A quick catch up before I disapear into the ethos again.

Lots going on, work last week was HECTIC. I'm off for a couple of days before nights Wed/Thurs and then one week before our 10 nights in Dubai. We are doing the front and back gardens today. All the rain has turned it into a jungle and if I don't do something soon it will start consuming my house and my cat.

I'm happy to report that's I'm now down to 86kg (190lb) or 13st8lb. This is my lowest recorded weight so far and it's a 6.5lb loss in 2 weeks. I gained 4lb after my ceoliac breakdown binge fiasco and shifted that with another 2.5lb this weekend. I'm on 100% induction and loving it. This feeling is amazing. My clothes delivery lady came on Sat and she was shocked when she opened the door. It's nice when other people notice it.

The K stix are dark and I'm currently well in the zone. Energy has been a struggle but not in a bad way.

Having a barbie today which I'm really looking forward to.

Plan for today's eating is:

Babybell
Ham with cream cheese
Olives

Salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, celery, peppers, avo.
Lams chops
Toulouse sossies
Grilled haloumi

Leftovers

I think we're going to watch the Dark Knight tonight. I'm really looking forward to that. I absolutely love the Batman films. He's been my fav. DC hero since forever. I'm loving the current super hero film trend. Beats vampires and stupid romcoms hands down.

Anyhow, I hope the sun is shining for everyone today.

Over and out.

TT x

moonlights said:
An extra mil per day. Wowsers. Is that likely to continue through the Paralympics too do you think? Eh, we're londoners though, if there's one thing we're used to dealing with it's disrupted travel. Growing up during the Irish terror threat there were always stations closed for bomb scares. Eddie Izzard did a sketch that was so true - you could always tell a Londoner from a tourist on the tube because during a bomb scare the tourist would freak out and the Londoner would be going... Ok so if I take the bakerloo line instead I'll only lose ten minutes...

Bit of a different atmosphere these days regarding terrorism of course but I still find it interesting, those of us who grew up with the IRA and people who are new to the idea of threat. One of my abiding memories as a child was always sitting up waiting to be sure my parents got home safely. A pub down our road had been bombed and killed people, and so had the building my dad worked in (before he worked there) so I was always aware of the issue.

And that's a cheery topic of course! Sorry!

This is terrible ML. I can't imagine how you must have lived. The fear alone would have killed me.

On a different note I come from a very beautiful but scary place. In Johannesburg there's so many break-ins and and car jackings and murders and rapes that everyone lives in a self made prison. People have 8ft walls with electric fences ontop, panic buttons in every room and burglar bars on every window. I remember going to sleep at night listening to the gunfire in the squatter camps miles away and it was very scary, then in the morning driving past huge potholes in the road where the AK-47 bullets landed. Neighbours and people in the surrounding streets regularly get broken in to and you often here of people in the area getting shot or raped. It's frightening and I don't know how they do it. When I go back on holidays I stress for weeks beforehand and I'm so on alert when I'm there I need a holiday from it all when I get back. My parents and friends and family have had their cars stolen, their houses broken into, their lives threatened and yet they just carry on. I think you become so numb to it all eventually that seeing another dead body is just part of daily routine.

OMG I had heard reports of Jo'berg like that - but how horrifying! Glad you're here with us :)

On a lighter note - congrats on your loss and getting the coelaic eating sorted out, real proud of you, girl! xxx

Wow amazing return to form after your very understandable wobble. There's no question that this way of eating really suits you.

And yes - I won't deny the things I have heard about Joburg sound terrifying. An Aussie friend went on holiday there and they loved it but said you had to be very careful where you went. And they saw two car jackings. Not really my idea of a holiday! But you're right I think you do just get used to the situation you live in, my cousin is over from Israel right now and I asked her if she feels safe there at the minute (she lives in a village just outside Tel Aviv) and she said she feels completely safe - then mentioned that the next village over had been firebombed!! She said you just don't think about it unless it directly affects you. I do worry about my family over there though. I'm a huge worrier and I think the constant fear for your personal safety - like in Joburg - must be the worst. I live in a good area but there have been two nasty incidents down my road lately and they're on my mind a lot.

Anyway. On a hopefully nicer subject, hope you survived your struggle with the garden before it consumed you! Lovely, if sweaty day for it.

Evening TT... So pleased you're here... what a nightmare!! xx

Hello girls. Sorry for disappearing a while.

Been crazy at work, then holiday in Dubai, then came home on Monday and decided we're moving 51 miles away to Kent... Alot going on.

Wow Nic many happy congratses and I hope your big day was everything you hoped for. Many happy years together for you x

Fallen off the wagon with a 5lb gain but I'm determined to start induction again from Monday (nights).

Apart from that I have a lovely tan thanks to the 49 degrees sunshine we had for 10 days and if anyone was wondering, Dubai is out of this world. Really love it there.

I will probably be scarce on here for a few weeks because of moving and work etc but I'll do my best to pop in. I hope everyone is doing really well.

Off to the pub for one last proper outing before the induction regime begins again.

TTFN x

Attachments

• image-401538527.jpg
    image-401538527.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 33
So glad to hear alls well, if crazy busy. One more for our 'back on the wagon' club!

Welcome back Tigs! That picture is amazing, you must have had a wonderful time :)

And now it's all go for you - do you have somewhere in Kent in mind? Enjoy the pub :)

TT! Are we all back on the wagon now? I can't see any pictures yet :(

Good luck with getting back in - it's always a lot easier than I think it's going to be!

Back