tiling your roof DIY

fattothin

Gold Member
Im currently starting re roofing my cottage, as an ex roofer im willing to give any sound advice on tiling and slating!!:mad:BB

Lmao ...what About Laying A Patio Hun???

Now Laying Here Lies My Speciality

Im currently starting re roofing my cottage, as an ex roofer im willing to give any sound advice on tiling and slating!!:mad:BB

Know anything about hard landscaping :p

Prefer Soft Bushy Mounds To Fork And Rake Through X

Laying sounds good..... lol

I Was A Roofer Not Alan Titchmarsh Lol But What Do You Wanna Know Nicster Is The Hard Landscaper

I wonder if there'll be a roofer on BB tonight :rotflmao::rotflmao:

I Was A Roofer Not Alan Titchmarsh Lol But What Do You Wanna Know Nicster Is The Hard Landscaper

Well...18 months I spent 5.5k on having cobbles and stone layed in my front,side and back garden path. It look great as first - it peed done from Aug and I dont think I went into the garden till the following March (I used to work 7 days)

So because I no longer worn and have been spending more time in the garden, I have notice that the workmanship is rather sloppy i.e too much mortar, not enough mortar, some stone slabs have lifted etc etc - now the chap came recommended but has now moved out of area so I can't call him back. So my question is - how easy is to to remove excessive mortar without altering the rest of the stones around it and is it a pain in the arse job and should I live with it :rolleyes:

if you have a rustic looking garden I would live with it as it will look nice with moss and weeds growing throughLoose slabs/block work would have to be lifted and re bedded, but you may find all of it was not tamped down enough initially therefore you will continuously have bother unless there is not much traffic but get a couple of builders in for FREE estimates and quotes xxx

if you have a rustic looking garden I would live with it as it will look nice with moss and weeds growing throughLoose slabs/block work would have to be lifted and re bedded, but you may find all of it was not tamped down enough initially therefore you will continuously have bother unless there is not much traffic but get a couple of builders in for FREE estimates and quotes xxx

Good point, it is more rustic that blocky, It might mellow with years just bloody annoying that my cat could probably done better :D Thanks x

God i hate builders!!!! DIY in every respect, rip off merchants!!!! ....i am a bit pissed off too at the min i have just dropped my phone in the loo?!?!?!?! it seems to have stopped working oops,

God i hate builders!!!! DIY in every respect, rip off merchants!!!! ....i am a bit pissed off too at the min i have just dropped my phone in the loo?!?!?!?! it seems to have stopped working oops,

wipe off the poo and dry out sim overnight !!:D

Luckily toilet was clean...ewww could you imagine wiping LT poo off it!!!!
I put it on th eback of he loo while i had a bath so i wouldnt drop it in the bath ...and then i do it down the loo .............DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

theyre are some genuine builders hun just few and far between, I was going to start up on my own last year, it is still always in the back of my mind

theyre are some genuine builders hun just few and far between, I was going to start up on my own last year, it is still always in the back of my mind

There's a packet to be made, especially if you are good - would that make you a Master Builder:D

as opposed to ?................. No Im a roofer by trade and a trained aircraft engineer how far apart is that lol x

as opposed to ?................. No Im a roofer by trade and a trained aircraft engineer how far apart is that lol x

A far away as 20stone from 12.9lbs :D

I don't know - try to be rude and it just goes over your head - (master builder !!:D)

Back