Tillymax is trying again

I think the problem with the Thai Chicken Cakes was that I followed the recipe, in using chicken breasts munched up in the processor, so there was absolutely not fat whatsoever, and dry as a roof tile!:eek:

tilly you're officially my new best friend :D what do i need to do if i think im getting taxed too much :p i worked 2 jobs last year and have been in just one job since january, but im still getting over £200 more taken off me than my friend who is on same payscale as me.. and I'm only 4 days and shes 5 :(

For this year (from April 2011), assuming this job is your only source of income, your tax code should be 747L. If you have any expenses your code may be different. This should be on your wage slip. If it's different or is on an emergeny (week 1 basis) you'll need to ring the tax office for them to issue the code to your employer.

For last year (from 6th April 2010 to 5th April 2011) add up your income from both jobs. Assuming you don't have any pensions or other income or expenses etc your tax code for last year should have been 647L. Once you've got your total income take away 6475 and if the you're a basic rate taxpayer times this amount by 20%. That's the amount of tax you should have paid for last year. I think there's a calculator on the government website to do it for you. If it's different you'll have to send your P60's with a covering note to your tax office for them to repay you. Keep copies of everything you send in.

Hope that makes sense. If not give me a shout or pm me.

I had a 'lemon' courgette the other week - don't think it tasted any different it just looked like a lemon, startlingly so after I griddled it lol

I keep wanting to buy celeriac but I haven't seen it anywhere, not sure if it's not in season or if they just don't have much call for it in my bit of Manchester!

celeriac is usually where the swede is... looks quite similar but more ugly :8855: i love it. Do you have a waitrose? I know they sell it and so do Tesco

Oooooooo Tilly you rebbel. I was trying to think what I could pretend HMRC stood for but brain is mush :8855:

I started off with Her Monkyness Royal Crumbs

see told you my brain isn't working.

Ooooo I know who to come to when I get all confuzzled. :8855::8855:

cheers Tilly :D xx

Food for yesterday 14/09/11

EE day

Breakfast
2 quorn sausages, mushrooms, beans and egg

Dinner
carrot and coriander soup

Tea
chicken and mushroom pie (1 syn), swede and creamy mushrooms (A)

Snacks
Pear, chocolate cake (14 syns)

I've no idea how many syns were in the cake but I've counted it as 14. I've still got loads of syns left this week so it should be ok :)

Syns for the day

Syns for the week
54.5/105

Just realised I didn't have my heb :rolleyes:

One more day to work before the weekend :D

Went to the cinema after work with my daughter and we saw Fright Night in 3d. It was ok but I'd wait for it to come on tv if I were you. It doesn't need to be on 3d cos there was only a little bit of the film that had the 3d effect. I've still got a ridge on my nose from the glasses and I had to come home on the bus looking like that :8855:

:8855: to the ridgey nose. Heard of ridge crisps but not noses :8855:

tomorrow we can say thank crunchie its friday :D

I am hoping no work this weekend. If I work my socks off tomorrow it is possible just means be busy again monday but would give me time to tidy up sort out some shopping and plan some meals :D

That chicken pie sounds yummy xxxxx

One more day to work before the weekend :D

Went to the cinema after work with my daughter and we saw Fright Night in 3d. It was ok but I'd wait for it to come on tv if I were you. It doesn't need to be on 3d cos there was only a little bit of the film that had the 3d effect. I've still got a ridge on my nose from the glasses and I had to come home on the bus looking like that :8855:

I hate the 3D glasses! I have to wear them over the top of my normal glasses, it feels totally ridiculous!

Hi Tilly, thanks for the tip on fright night, I wasn't sure whether to go and see it or not. I find 3d such a waste of time a lot of the time, why make everyone pay extra and wear those uncomfortable specs when only a wee bit of the movie is in 3d? It's such a con! X

:8855: to the ridgey nose. Heard of ridge crisps but not noses :8855:

tomorrow we can say thank crunchie its friday :D

I am hoping no work this weekend. If I work my socks off tomorrow it is possible just means be busy again monday but would give me time to tidy up sort out some shopping and plan some meals :D

That chicken pie sounds yummy xxxxx

Mmmmmmm crunchie. Do you think it's syn free if you eat it on a Friday :8855:

I hate the 3D glasses! I have to wear them over the top of my normal glasses, it feels totally ridiculous!

:8855:

Hi Tilly, thanks for the tip on fright night, I wasn't sure whether to go and see it or not. I find 3d such a waste of time a lot of the time, why make everyone pay extra and wear those uncomfortable specs when only a wee bit of the movie is in 3d? It's such a con! X

It's just a way to make more money. There was a man sat to my left who kept getting his phone out and texting all through the film and when I had the glasses on his phone was brighter than when I had them off. It got right on my nerves having a big white light in one eye :8855:

Damn damn damn, just convinced myself I don't need or want cupcakes and now you say there's syn free crunchies...where?? :8855: xxx

Is the chicken pie recipe floating about on here somewhere? :drool:

My eyes are trying to skip over the postings of crunchies and cake lol

Here you go. You could do it on red either if you did a carrot and swede or cauliflower topping instead of potato.

Chicken and Mushroom Pie
1 syn - EE
Serves 4
Ready in about 1 hour 10 minutes

For the topping:
2lbs/908g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
3fl oz/85ml vegetable stock
salt & pepper

For the filling:
pack of chicken pieces
fry light
4 lean rashes of bacon, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
onions

200g mushrooms
14fl oz/397ml chicken stock (with 1 Knorr stock pot)

1 level tbsp gravy granules
1 tsp mustard powder

3 carrots

1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees/424 farenheit/gas mark 7. Boil the carrots. Boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling water with a veg stock cube for 15-20 minutes. Drain, and mash until smooth, season & set aside.

2. Preheat a large non stick pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and cut into large bite size pieces.

3. Spray a frying pan with fry light. Fry bacon and add it to the chicken. Fry the onion, and mushrooms over a high heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the stock, gravy granules and mustard powder. Season, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.

4. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken chunks and bacon. Spoon the mixture into four individual pie dishes or 1 large dish. Top each pie with the mashed potato. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes

Back