Time for change- SrvMan's Diary of Weight Loss

srvman

Hi everyone,
Im new,
aka Chris....

I stumbled upon this site looking for inspiration about a week or so ago, i decided today i would join and post up my diary as an extra thing keeping me right, or giving me some sort of place to be held accountable for..

I was stumbling upon pictures put up of me in the last month or so with friends on nights out, and i was horrified, for the first time in a long time i've found myself avoiding photo's afraid someone will catch me looking fatter than i feel again....

So last Thursday, I decided to start my weight loss journey...
even though my mother is a WWatcher leader i'm not following that, instead ive been and will continue to be following a sensible diet plan,which is essentially;
#cut out the crap(there is alot of it)
#start drinking loads of water
#cut out fizzy drinks and alcohol
#aim to burn between 500-700 calories at the gym 5 times a week.

ive just finished my second year at uni.
so ive nothing to do apart from work, but my hours are silly early in the morning 6am to 1pm at the very latest, so ive no excuse for not having the time.

I got a scholarship to go to Montana and study there for a whole year fully paid....i go on the 20th of August....this is my goal date.

I started this at 18stone and 1 pound
by August 20th i would idealistically love to be in the 14stone bracket, even 14stone 13...i have literally not been that weight since i was about 13/14 so never have been near that weight in my adult life.....

My week 1 weigh in is tomorrow after work at 9.45am i shall post on here the results i'm nervous but excited about starting this again, ive got glastonbury at the end of this month, and my first mini target is to lose a stone and my next mini goal is to put no weight on at the festival...i put on half a stone last year( although within a week id lost a stone due to eating a dodgy last meal)

Anyway, id love any advice comments, support, or whatever so feel free to reply, tell me how you kept your motivation up during your weight loss....

Many thanks,
Chris

Ill post pics later when im slightly happier :sigh:

First weigh-in today.....

got on the scales,

17stone 6lbs

thats like 9 pounds, im super happy with that, i know alot of it may be water,
ive been drinking loads of water so ive probably flushed myself out....

on another note, in one week eating healthy drinking loads of water, and using a better shampoo more regularily my psoriasis which was at the front of my head has literally disappeared....:O

ive had it for 2 years and if id know itd be this easy i would have started then....

i'm going to aim for 4 pounds to lose for next week, i dont think its unacheivable as im still quite heavy and it does fall off quicker the heavier you are,

glad to be back in the seventeens, ill be alot happier in 16s though,

as i say dont be a stranger :D

Hi Chris and welcome to minis, what a fantastic start well done keep it up.xx

First weigh-in today.....

got on the scales,

17stone 6lbs

thats like 9 pounds, im super happy with that, i know alot of it may be water,
ive been drinking loads of water so ive probably flushed myself out....

on another note, in one week eating healthy drinking loads of water, and using a better shampoo more regularily my psoriasis which was at the front of my head has literally disappeared....:O

ive had it for 2 years and if id know itd be this easy i would have started then....

i'm going to aim for 4 pounds to lose for next week, i dont think its unacheivable as im still quite heavy and it does fall off quicker the heavier you are,

glad to be back in the seventeens, ill be alot happier in 16s though,

as i say dont be a stranger :D

Wow 9lbs is fantastic way to go well done :D

Good luck losing 4lbs you can do it x

not weighing in today, just thought i'd update been up from 5 my feet are killing me, had a nice sandwhich for lunch, finding it hard to drink enough water this morning, only got one break till 1 and only got about half a litre, and was too tired to even think about water,

going to invest in a nice water bottle, as we arent allowed consumable products in the store...its a tad silly.

anyway, last night was really struggling to be arsed going to the gym, was working that morning, find it quite hard to be bothered to do anything due to the early morning and on my feet all day....but did go about 6 hours later than i normally go down but did manage it and did get a good work out done, was shattered for thismorning though...

so tempted to check the scales, but i will become addicted to it and then i will get to demoralised by it, through to whatever i had the night before or normal changes i guess....

i do have an advantage in the scale department, have extremly accurate weight watcher scales, not the ones from argos but my mother is a weight watcher leader so just use hers.....

just annoyed it took me so long to get motivated to loose weight....when i dont want to i wont, even if i know theres a problem....been trying to restart for last few months and only just got motivation to a week or so ago now...funny how the mind works sometimes...

Hey man keep up the good work, you've done well so far. It can be hard motiviating yourself to go to the gym or work out at home. Hopefully you'll eventually make it a part of your day that you can't do without. Try to avoid daily scale jumping cuz it'll fluctuate due to water retention. Also, when you start building muscle it weighs more than fat. have you got a tape measure? It's a pretty good way to check on how much you're shrinking

although i had a sneakypeak at the scales this morning about 3/4 days too early, i lost nothing however....

i bought a nice pair of shorts and a tshirt which i had trouble getting into only a fortnight ago....

now the shorts are a perfect fit, and the t-shirt is nice and not clingy anymore, i think i should keep buying clothes to small for me...i feel quite happy about this....i know it sounds silly but just getting comfortable clothes that doesnt show off the flab or make you feel monumenteously uncomfortable is the thing i love most about weight loss....

although im not sure if losing 9 pounds can really do this much, i def feel the gym work has started to pull everything in :D

Seriously dude, get a tape measure and whip up an inch loss graph on your computer. Such the motivational tool and costs next to nowt! :)

i think i might go get one tommorow now you have said...

as a dude, and not a dudette, i could use your sig as a mantra...

"i must, i must decrease everything especially my bust!" :D

i think i might go get one tommorow now you have said...

as a dude, and not a dudette, i could use your sig as a mantra...

"i must, i must decrease everything especially my bust!" :D

:8855:

lost 2 pounds, im happy with that...roughly a kilogram, so im happy to say goodbye to it...orginally wanted 4 pounds, but i have a feeling it will come off easier this coming week, only got to the gym monday to wednesday, but diet has been good, no cheats, dont even feel the need too....i had dinner quite late last night, could contribute to not getting a greater weightloss, also started to do a bit of weights at the gym, but i dont really believe in the gaining muscle after 3 sessions thing, overall im feeling alot healthier and clothes are fitting alot nicer...still havent got a tape measure....ive take before pictures and retake them every week so ill be using that as inspiration...

for next week ill set the target the same at 4lbs

even if i do less ill still be on track for my first mini goal of losing a stone before glastonbury

second mini goal is to gain nothing while at glastonbury :D

away out for a drink tonight, im leaving the country soon for close to a year, so i really want to go out while i still have a chance, however i dont drink spirits, and im a proper snob when it comes to wine, my local has some tosh that tastes likebuck fast.....

i will approach it with moderation have a diet coke between drinks, and drink slower and not as much, i plan to only drink 3 pints, compared to what i normally can put back this will be an acheivment, i know its not healthy but at least im able to admit that im doing it, and ive already planned to go do shan shou tomorrow morning, ive noticed my work clothes are getting baggy, working in tescos the qualitys awful so its either too tight or too lose, my trousers are too big and my top has always been too small, stupid bloody tescos, b4 you ask i did order a uniform about 10 times and its still yet to arrive, so im going for the scruffy at work look not by choice just the way the clothes look on me......

also had motivation yesterday too, tried on jeans two sizes too small, it made me remember im not even nearly there yet, and to calm down and not go mental too soon

Back