Time for change...

A brief update for my diary - which, admittedly I don't spend much time on lately.

Was hoping to drop below the 16s mark today, but am determined that I will have done this time next week. I've removed my goal weight, because in truth I find it a little counterproductive for me. I want to focus on the journey, rather than the end goal -and with a fair bit more to lose seeing such a big number ahead can be a little daunting.

The weight loss has settled into a steady, slow, pace which I'm okay with. I'm eating very tasty food and I rarely feel hungry. I've added intermittent fasting into my regime - but I'm not overly strict. I do throw in a couple of 48hr water fasts each month and that suits me well. I'm now no longer 'morbidly obese' on the BMI scale and am into the 'obese' category (although I do hate those terms).

So am currently 37lbs down and my next 'goal' is to hit the 40lbs mark :)
Well done:0clapper:

Well that 40lb is proving to be somewhat elusive...but I am now tantalisingly close at 39lbs down.

I've had a bit of a stall - well, rather a yo-yoing over the last 3 weeks gaining and dropping the same 2lbs! Am not entirely sure why but I have stuck with it, motivated by people who are following the same WOE accepting that this is a marathon and not a sprint.

It has taken me 10 years of weight gain to get where I was - so I can't expect all that extra poundage to disappear overnight and a slower loss (at least for someone my size) hopefully means less sagging skin. I'm still really enjoying the food and I'm never truly hungry anymore - sometimes I even forget to eat! My food choices have improved and I'm back experimenting in the kitchen, something my OH is thrilled with :)

I realise I had slipped into that - grab whatever's easiest/quickest to prepare - over the years, mostly due to a demanding job with long hours at times and little energy after a day's work. Now I'm loving researching ketogenic meals and I have to say my energy has returned, my asthma gets better by the day (although the winter months will be the test) and my IBS symptoms are much improved.

So, my next goal (after that 40lb mark, fingers crossed- next week) is to get that 3 stone sticker in my signature.

Hello diary :)

Well I've finally broken through the 3 stone barrier - it's been a bit of a slog, if truth be told, but that's because I've succumbed to a bit of 'carb creep' over the last couple of months. I'm now down 43lbs since April and I'm refocussing with a goal to drop one more stone by Christmas so that when the new year arrives I'll be able to say I've achieved half of my battle.

I've had a few NSVs and it's pleasing to see that in moving to my Autumn clothes there are quite a few items that no longer fit (charity shop... here they come). I'm still trying to hold off buying new stuff and when I eventually reach my goal I'm aiming for a 'capsule' wardrobe with items that can be mixed and matched better. Over the years I've spread, literally, into 3 double sized wardrobes - mainly because I've held onto the smaller sizes - so my clothes range from UK 12 to UK 22 - 24 :eek:

Hoping, as I am, to be able to get back into the 12s I'm keeping hold of some of them - but nowadays quite a few of the styles I have just don't suit me. Oh well, will look forward to that spending spree when it comes.

I'm still eating well and have ditched the processed junk from my diet. I eat mainly whole foods and my portions are probably half what they were - it's not been a walk in the park, giving up my favourite carby foods, but necessary to heal my body. I've realised now that the Keto WOE is a lifestyle choice and my focus is health, with weightloss as an added benefit.

Okay, so am still keeping it 'low carb' and am pleased that things are going in the right direction -if a little slower than I would like. I'm not complaining though and realise it took many years to get to where I am/was and so it'll take time to get to where I want to be. As things stand I'll drop into the 14 stone bracket within the next few weeks and that will be my first goal achieved.

I'm still researching the keto lifestyle whilst learning about intermittent fasting, which I've been putting into practice -and have found the WOE has significantly improved my IBS symptoms. On a less positive note, I've also recently been diagnosed with a hernia :eek: and the consultant has said it will need surgery... and there's a but coming.... I need to get into a BMI range of between 32 - 35. The reason being that it makes the surgery less invasive and more likely to be successful. So, that's my next goal - to lose another 1 - 2 stone ready for surgery.

So, that's me for the time being :)

Well I thought I would jump in with my last post for 2018. It's been a month since the last and I finally dropped into the 14s today, admittedly its only 'just' there, but I'll take it :). It's taken me a bit longer than expected; I kept yo-yoing between 15.1 and 15.5 for a while which was most frustrating. I know weightless isn't linear and there are lots of factors at play so the scales are not the only measure of success -but still! I'd like to think I can drop 2 - 3 more pounds before the end of the year, and if I do I'll take that as a bonus.

I've taken a good few clothes to the charity shop over the last month - some, I'm ashamed to say, still with their labels on. It's not that I'm extravagant, but I got into the habit of buying online because I hated going into changing rooms and when they arrived I realised the style and or shape just didn't suit or fit! Rather than send back I just stuck them in a cupboard. Oh well, my loss (£s) is someone else's gain.

I plan to start working on my fitness goals in the new year and also get back to walking to work on a daily basis - it's around 2 miles away, so a nice stretch in the mornings (weather permitting).

Roll on 2019

Have to say fitness improvement is something I plan to tackle in 2019 too. I'm leaning to low carb as well for maintainance and it does seem to be suiting my body for now. Best of British for 2019 😁x

Well.... hello diary... I'm back!!

It's been almost a year and whilst I'd love to be saying that I'm very close to goal - sadly that is not the case. What ever happened in 2019. I was so pleased to get into the 14s but I became cocky. I thought I could allow that bit of 'carb creep' and still stay in control. What a BIG...BIG... mistake. A few carbs here and there, led to a lot of carbs often. So, as my CW at 16.13 testifies to is that I regained exactly 2 stone since January. What a nightmare - but my own failing.

What I've realised is that I have to be very strict and there's no such thing as 'in moderation' in my vocabulary. I was doing well with Keto through food as opposed to a VLCD (food replacement) plan and its where I want to be again, eventually. What I need to do is kick the carb habit and transition back to a food-based keto life through a food replacement based keto plan.

So, I have the products (my current choice being Shake That Weight) just because they mix well and I do like their ready meal options, but I may swop over to Exante at some point. STW shakes are a higher carb product, which I need to monitor.

Am I disappointed - yes, I should have been heralding another 2 stone loss (at least) in 2019 - but am I going to accept defeat - NO !!!

I need to be realistic. I'm at that time of life where my hormones makes weightloss even more of a challenge. My goal (date) is January 2020, a bit of a milestone birthday and so I think that's reasonable. It means I need to achieve a weightless of 97lbs in 14 months which is around 1/2 stone per month, which is doable (even with my stubborn metabolism).

I still have that hernia and have had to put off surgery because of the regain, but I'm in no rush and the hernia is not causing me any major issues - but I can't put it off for much longer.

So... diary... this is me setting myself the challenge and this time I'm going to stay focussed. Wish me luck!

Back