Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

time of the month gain..how much??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sunshinesparkle, 14 September 2011 Social URL.

1. sunshinesparkle

sunshinesparkle Member

Last week i managed to lose a 4 pound water retention gain..and lost 8 pounds but this week i think i have regained it all as i am due on at the weekend.....its VERY frustrating as my weight keeps going up and down by 5 pounds(still giving it 100%)...i am continuously losing and regaining the same weight

how do you lot cope with PMT time of the month gains??and how much do you gain as i think i've gained around 8 pounds

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AnwenG

AnwenG Full Member

I usually gain about 7lb when it's my time of my month. I just acknowledge that it's because I'm holding more water and not to be disheartened as by the following week if I stick to plan 100% I'm guaranteed a loss.

4. LittleMissThin 17

LittleMissThin 17 wants to be skinny ♥

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.67%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers- ProPoints
    I don't do SW but when I did try it I used to gain 7 lbs each time of the month. This happened no matter which eating plan (WW/SW- I don't like the word diet for either of them) I followed- I would always gain 7 lbs then lose exactly 7 lbs the week after. So I really only had two weeks in every month where I would lose weight. This probably isn't helpful but since going on the depo injection I don't have TOTM any more and therefore no 7 lb gain.

Good luck with weigh in- hopefully you'll be like me and lose it all (and more, hopefully :D) the week after.

5. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I really suffer on my star week, :cry:
    every month i can feel my work trousers getting really tight around my belly, but by the next week my trousers are slack again,
    I feel for you and know what your going through, my gains can be from 1lb-7lb :eek:

6. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Mine used to be awful, like phonicshunny, I would always feel it in my clothes etc. And this was when i was on the pill! I have no idea what it will be like now since ive come off it!!

7. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm prone to a 3.5lb gain on star week, until I found 'magic soup' just boil up some cabbage, celery and green beans with whatever herbs (but not salt) you want and eat it for the week before, I find a bowl a day helps.

since I started doing that I can gain about 0.5lb which is much better.

of course there's no denying those cravings and 'want to eat everything is sight' moments but it does help.

damn the hormones x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.