Time to be the best that I can be!

I've been sat here drinking a cup of tea and reading through some wonderful diaries, I must say that I can particularly relate to Princess Stevie's diary as I have a similar look and amount of weight to lose but all the people and their stories are wonderful!

My partner doesn't particular believe in Slimming World as he finds it hard to believe that you can eat that much and still lose weight. He is very supportive of my weight problems in general bug he believes the Special K or similar starvation diets are the way forward whereas a family member believes the liquid soup diet is the best way forward for me and insists on weighing me each week moving forward.

I personally want to do slimming world, I've followed the eating plan before and lost lots of weight and really enjoyed myself in the process. I then unfortunately lost my motivation once I looked good, and slowly started putting the weight back on.

I'm terrified to go to my family weigh in tomorrow as I havent been following a liquid diet and have ate rubbish this week!

My partner is working away and comes back this evening but last night sent me a message saying that he had been looking through my pictures on Facebook as he was missing me and had found one of my slim pictures from before I met him and wanted to say how stunning I looked but was quick to add that I still look stunning now but it has made me sit here and think about how much I want to lose weight and how sick and tired I am of weight and food ruling my life. My partner loves me unconditionally I know and to say thank you I want to be a slimmer, sexier me that I know he would just die for!

I also want to lose weight to get other family members off my back too, I'm fed up of everyone feeling that they have the right to comment on my weight openly and freely.

Anyway I'm sorry for waffling on, those where just some things I had to get of my chest.

I don't want to really tell anyone about this as I want to do it just for me but would really appreciate the support of this forum.

So as I've only had a cup of tea today, there's no time like the present to start. I haven't found a slimming world club to join yet but I know enough to allow me to make a start. And first thing is to get rid of all the crisps and chocolate in the naughty cupboard that we seem to have developed in the house.

So, time to be the person I want to be!

Day one was a success as far as I am concerned. Day two is heading for a good start too, I've had my porridge, just not sure what I can have for lunch!

Perseverance is the key until I can find a SW Club and go food shopping so I can make my own lunches. The only shop I have near by to work is a Londis... Not renowned for its Slimming World Friendly options!

Back