Time to be truthful...Tazzy's food diary

tazzy21

Hi,

I thought that it was about time I started a food diary, to keep myself on track. If someone else is looking at it, I may be more encouraged not to cheat myself. I'm starting my diary today as I have had a rather SW UNfriendly lunch. But I'm determined to maintain a 'draw a line under the here and now' attitude as opposed to a 'i'll carry on with the diet tomorrow' attitude.

I'll start off my saying a bit about my diet history. I have been on most diets now starting from the age of about 11. I started with slimming world, back when 'syns' were 'sins'. I then went over to weight watchers for a little while, then calorie counting, rosemary conely. Unfortunately I had a really terrible childhood, and eating was my only real comfort at the time.

When I got into my teenage years I tried Cambridge Diet and was quite successful, losing 4 stone in 3 months. However, I got really depressed about not being able to eat anything at all, my periods stopped and I started to feel ill. So I stopped and put on a stone in 2 weeks...and more and more after that.

Last year I went to weight watchers again. I think I maintained my weight, but didn't lose any. I would just use my points on rubbish food. Then weight watchers changed to propoints which meant buying all new calculators etc for £40. I thought it was a huge money making con and the diet looked exactly like slimming world. At the beginning of the year I weighed 23 stone 1lb and decided I had to do something about it. I went on the Atkins diet, and admitedly I felt great, but it was so hard to stick to and very expensive!! So finally I went back to Slimming world, which is where I am now. I currently weigh 22 stone 1lb.

At the moment I keep slipping up, having 'bad days'. I'm just sick of doing it to myself. So I'm writing a food diary, warts and all. I will hopefully motivate myself to lose the weight and feel happy and healthier. Here is my food diary so far today:

bf: 1 x brown slice toast, light marge and jam
lunch: Pizza Hut :( 4 x thin crust pizza, left the crusts. 1x plate of bolognese pasta and 1 x plate of salad. Followed by a bread and butter pudding slice.

I feel really sick and disappointed with myself. I'm going to remember this feeling so that I don't feel tempted to do it again!

Thanks for reading,

Tazzy xx

Don't dwell on the pizza hut lunch... Move on and do what you can to counteract it over the next few days. I know how easy it is to fall into bad habits.... But like you said remember how bad you are feeling now and remember how good it makes you feel when you have a weight loss!!! Keep going and keep positive. Good luck.

A much better day :)

bf: potato rosti, baked beans, egg, 2 x lean bacon (HEB) ketchup (1 syn).

Lunch: jacket potato with baked beans and cheese (HEA), salad and salad cream (1.5 syn).

Dinner: Mash (1 syn marge) Leeks, broccolli, Carrot, cottage pie. Dessert: Tinned fruit (HEB) with FF greek yoghurt with sweetener and 1 tsp sugar (1 syn).

Drinks and snacks: Cherry pepsi max, tea x 4 with sugar (4 syns) milky bar (2.5 syn).

So happy with my food today! A bit hungry now though, might do some pasta as a snack.

A successful day back on track...

motivated by the return of terrible back pain :cry:Admitedly its not as bad as when I had it last time (yet!). And ironically I did it doing excercise. I probably should have stuck to water aerobics instead of normal aerobics (I'm guessing that 22 stone pressing down on my back and joints didn't do them much good). I'm determined to carry on excercising though, I'm the 3rd week into my bronze award now! My food diary for today is as follows:

bf: bacon roll (6.5 syn for roll and HEB)
dinner: roast dinner with all the works (4 syns for yorkshire, mint sauce and gravy)
dessert: 2 x syn free lemon meringue browned with a tsp of sugar (2 syn).

Drinks and snacks: 3 x tea with sugar HEA and 3 syns

total of 15.5 syns.

Had a good day today, after lunch I realised that I had 3 HEs by mistake, so had to syn some.

bf: shredded wheat (HEB) 2tsp sugar (2 syns)

Lunch: Bacon and egg roll (HEB and 6 syns)

dinner: mushy pea curry and rice and tbsp of mango chutney (2 syns)

drinks and snacks: grapes, 3 x tea with sugar (3 syns) and hot chocolate with aerosol light cream (3.5 syns).

I went over slightly on the syns...ooops! I went for a 10 min walk in the gale force wind, which was hard work walking back!

bf: shredded wheat (HEB)

Lunch: pasta in sauce (0.5 syn)]

Dinner: Pasta with ricotta (HEA) mushrooms and spinach

Snacks: 2 digestive biscuits (8 syns) and ice lolly (2 syns)

Good day, shame I'm in absolute agony with my back :(

Still in agony with my back so haven't done much excercise today :(

bf: shredded wheat and sugar (2 syns HEB and HEA)

Lunch: pasta in sauce with cheese (HEA)

dinner: quorn sausages x 2 (2 syns) gravy (2 syns) swede, peas, carrots, mash (1 syn marge)

2 x lemon meringues (2 syns)

drinks: 2 x teas with sugar (2 syns)

Had a good day with food, but a sneek peek on the scales says I've put on a pound. I guess the stress of doing my back in hasn't helped my weight loss. Trying to stay positive though!

Tazzy x

Well done Tazzy, you seem to have your head in the right place! I am new to this forum, although have, like you done sw and every other ' diet' going! I have just completed day 9 and had a weight loss of 5lbs this week. Good luck with your journey!

Well after a few days of pain/annoyance at puttin on weight, I went off plan. What a surprise! I do it everytime, I just hope I can get back on track so I can lose a few pounds before christmas.

Food today:

bf: Shedded wheat with sugar (3 syns HEB and HEA)

lunch: mushroom pasta ready meal and cheese (3 syns and HEA) followed by apple

Dinner: bbq steak (HEB) sweet and normal potato wedges, peas and garlic mushrooms. Followed by orange and chocolate mousse (4 syns) from the SW mag....was amazing! a MUST for chocoholics!

5 syns left, for some tea and hot chocolate mmm :)

Tazzy x

Hi tazzy - hope you don't mind me popping along, just looks like you could do with some support now and then to help your SE journey. I'm also pretty new to SW and my loss's are in my signature below, early days for me too and have slipped a little this weekend but the point is about pulling it back and ensuring a bad lunch or tea doesn't result in 'oh we'll I may as well start again next week and eat what I want now' THAT'S the trap that'll scar your loss, not the odd falling off the wagon for a meal

Having said all that, if it helps I have written down everything I hate about being fat, and how miserable it makes me (I started at just over 20stone!) and keep it with me, when I'm feeling like falling off the wagon have a read, if you wrote it honestly you'll feel the same when you read it back and it might help!

Alternative would be to either be around here a lot, so you can post when your about to fall Off or get yourself a SW buddy you can text or phone when your about to do something you'll regret later

Main thing is, slimming world is a great diet due to the ability to still eat naughty stuff, the syns just ensure you do it in moderation

You probably know all this and are hoping I go away now lol but stick with it! You CAN do it! It's NOT impossible and you CAN lose your weight! Would you rather years of difficulty and struggles on a diet your not putting 100% into or do you want this over and done with and feeling FAB trying on lovely new clothes you can buy in ANY shop not just plus size places (speaking from experience here)

You CAN and WILL do it!! Really! :) keep posting on here, it'll really help!

Emmey

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi tazzy - hope you don't mind me popping along, just looks like you could do with some support now and then to help your SE journey. I'm also pretty new to SW and my loss's are in my signature below, early days for me too and have slipped a little this weekend but the point is about pulling it back and ensuring a bad lunch or tea doesn't result in 'oh we'll I may as well start again next week and eat what I want now' THAT'S the trap that'll scar your loss, not the odd falling off the wagon for a meal

Having said all that, if it helps I have written down everything I hate about being fat, and how miserable it makes me (I started at just over 20stone!) and keep it with me, when I'm feeling like falling off the wagon have a read, if you wrote it honestly you'll feel the same when you read it back and it might help!

Alternative would be to either be around here a lot, so you can post when your about to fall Off or get yourself a SW buddy you can text or phone when your about to do something you'll regret later

Main thing is, slimming world is a great diet due to the ability to still eat naughty stuff, the syns just ensure you do it in moderation

You probably know all this and are hoping I go away now lol but stick with it! You CAN do it! It's NOT impossible and you CAN lose your weight! Would you rather years of difficulty and struggles on a diet your not putting 100% into or do you want this over and done with and feeling FAB trying on lovely new clothes you can buy in ANY shop not just plus size places (speaking from experience here)

You CAN and WILL do it!! Really! :) keep posting on here, it'll really help!

Emmey

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for your words, very motivational! You're right about going off the wagon and thinking 'I'll start it again next week'. I need to start doing flexisyns instead of thinking I'm going out for a few drinks I'll just have a 'day off'. I think if I have a 'bad day' I'm scared to write it down, but I think I need to to help me focus. Your losses are increadible, I would be very happy if I had losses like that, and I'm sure I can if I put my mind to it!

Tazzy xx

Not great! but thanks for asking :) The doctor diagnosed me with sciatica the other day, but it seems to be getting better. I've been completely stuck in a rut with the diet, but today is a new day, and I feel in control again. I have quit sugar as it seems to have been my downfall recently, i think I have become addicted to it! I'm now off to water aerobics, hopefully it will be good exercise and be helpful for my back. I'll tell you how I got on later when I write my food diary,

Tazzy xx

water aerobics was ok, didn't feel like much of a work-out but better than nothing I guess! I was really hungry afterwards, but had already prepared dinner for when I got back (and refused mums offer of a takeaway!).

Bf: 2 x eggs with brown bread x2 (HEB) tea with no sugar

lunch: 1 x white bread (4 syns) with marge (1 syn) and bacon (HEB)

snack: salad bar at morrisons: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, boiled egg, cous cous and rice. I wasn't sure of syns, it didn't look like it had a dressing but put it as 3 syns just to be on the safe side.

Dinner: creamy tomato, spinach and mushroom pasta bake (2 HEAs). Felt stuffed afterwards!

drinks: had a couple of splashes of skimmed milk in teas so gonna put this as 1.5 syns as I used my HEAs.

Which leaves me with 3.5 syns...hot chocolate before bed I reckon :)

Day one my countdown to christmas... lets just hope it continues!

Tazzy x

I forgot to put on yesterdays food diary so here it was:

bf: woke up late and had to be round my future mother in law's, so missed it :(

lunch: bread (4 syns) with marge (2 syn) mug shot, tangerine and fruit cake (8 syns guestimate?)

dinner: mushy pea vegetable curry and rice with mango chutney (2 syns)

snack: weetabix with milk (HEA and B) and SW chips with bread (HEB)

Bit of a bad one, but still felt in control as I had an extra cake (8 syns). Its the sugar again! I really must stop it! Total syns for the day = 24 syns, going to try and cut down the next couple of days to make up for it.

Today:

bf: bacon fat removed (HEB) egg and mushrooms, ketchup (1 syn)

lunch: had late breakfast so didn't have any.

dinner: mash, salmon (HEB) cauliflower, carrot, parsnip, sprouts, broccolli and gravy (2 syns). Also had 2 small chocoalates (guess at 1.5 syns each).
small spoon of crumble (5.5 syns)

snack: pasta in sauce and cheese (HEA)

total syns for today: 11.5

I made my first ever christmas cake yesterday! I will have to give it away to as many people as possible so I don't eat it! I also found out that I start my job the week after next, I just hope I can endure the pain my sciatic nerve is giving me for a 12 hour shift!

Tazzy x

ok so for the first time ever...

I'm going to share with you my 'bad days' hoping it will get me back in the mindset and reflect on how much I have actually eating (and move on)...so here goes :sigh:

Thursday:

bf: 2 x egg on toast (HEB and 2 syns)
lunch: roast dinner (5 syns so bits and pieces yorkie eg)

then my downfall...

dinner: chinese (5 x sweet and sour chicken balls, chicken in black bean sauce, boiled rice, sweet and sour sauce, prawn crackers - which I had an allergic reaction to!) then it continued.... a mandarin jelly and about 10 mini lindor chocolates....oh and a sugar in my tea!

and then yesterday it continued!

bf: egg on toast (2 syns and HEB)

lunch: half a bacon fat cut off and sausage roll with ketchup (prob about 7 syns) followed by a cake (prob about 15 syns).

then dinner: indian! pilau and boiled rice, nan, onion bhaji, chicken dhansak, mango chutney, sag aloo... washed down with half a bottle of wine. FOLLOWED BY jam roly poly and custard....and then when I got home at 3am I was still hungry so had 2 slices of 50/50 bread with light marge and a packet of seabrookes crisps!

so there it is....I've told you all about my embarrassing sinful days. I therefore promise myself that today will NOT be sinful! No more embarrassing food diaries!

Tazzy x

Today has been ok, went slightly over in the syns. I went for a good 20 minute walk though, which was nice and cheered me up a bit!

bf: shredded wheat with 2 tsp sugar (2 syns) and HEA and HEB

lunch: big salad and left over cottage pie from last night (2 syns) with ketchup (1 syn) bit of cake (guessing 4 syns, was a bite)

dinner: 'kfc style chicken' with roasted red pepper, carrots, leek, sweet potato, normal potato and baked beans. Followed by a banana and 2 x custard creams (6 syns) and a tea with a sugar (1 syn). I also had a little piece of chocolate (guesstimate 2 syns).

The KFC syle chicken was lovely! the first time I've ever had it, used a couple of tablespoons of smash instead of bread. On that note I really struggle with the lack of HEs when I'm doing an EE day.

total of 18 syns. Not too great. Fingers crossed tomorrow is better

Last edited:
Back