Time to come back to what i know...dukaning again!

Whoop hi all. I just started dukan today. I used to come here a few yrs ago maybe 2011 (yikes). Anyway lost over a stone on Dukan and was doing well then decided to get a contraceptive coil. Big bad move. Despite staying on Dukan I put on 2 stone in 2 years. I could not shift it no matter what. So got rid of the coil and sts till I did the 800cal diet 2 yrs ago. Lost a stone on that and haven't lost any more since. I'm looking to lose 3-4 stone now . I know Dukan works it did before. I can't find my book. I'll look one more time then order another if it's still gone.
I'm a housekeeper of a 20 bed lodge s let out weekly, I'm the only one who cleans it so I get plenty exercise. I also don't drive and live 4 miles from work with only the school bus as transport. So I walk a lot too.
I'm 48 (49 in October ) I want to be slim ehen I'm 50! I'm married with 3 kids 23,19 & 13, so just one left at home.
Hope every one hangs around to chat a bit.
Xxx C xxx
Hi! Glad i'm not completely on my own! I'll look forward to following your journey. Will you be starting a diary too? I love reading other peoples journeys xx

Last edited:
Day 3 today... can't tell you if i've lost any weight as my battery died on my scales! I have just replaced it so will have a 3 day weigh in tomorrow am. Have stuck to it religiously... not really been hungry as i cooked up some skinless chicken thighs to snack on between meals. Yesterday day2, i had my galette, a mushroom and onion omelette and then steak and onions in the evening. I have been having bad stomach cramps which i had last time round as well and am putting it down to the oatbran. I have been gluten free for 4 years now and this is the only thing i can think that is causing it... even though there is no gluten in it, it is milled in a factory that mills wheat so fingers crossed it is just that. Ordered some gluten free oat bran which has justy arrived so am hoping that problem is solved!
I am constipated already, last time around i ate lots of rhubarb to help with this but i haven't been able to find any yet! Today, day 3 i had my galette (unfortunately pre new oatbran delivery), am off to a bbq in a min where i will just have meat and then will have salmon for dinner. So far so good and feeling really well on it. Just hope that the scales are kind tomorrow.
I am desperate to shift this weight as i'm at my all time heaviest. Lately no diet has worked which is so disheartening. I have an underactive thyroid and the older i get, the harder i find it to loose weight. Loving this weather we are having but not loving that even my "fat" linen trousers are skin tight! I literally have nothing to wear!!!

Have a lovely day everyone and enjoy the sun xxx

3 Day weigh in today, -4lbs:).Happy with that. Feel like i've got such a long way to go but it's a good start.

Still feeling good and not hungry at all. Breakfast was a galette with the gluten free oatbran... no more stomach cramps! Relieved i found the culprit! I had some chicken as a snack, lunch was 2 salmon steaks and dinner stirfry steak. I also mad a mouse with sugar free jelly and cottage cheese. It's a joe wicks recipie... sounds revolting but tastes delicious xx

Hi all! So glad I found this page! I too, am back on Dukan, the only diet that works for me. I did it 4 years ago and lost 2 stone, felt fantastic and my cellulite disappeared!! BUT I did not go on to the next stage and consequently that 2 stone has returned plus more 😫. 3 days of attack completed and today I'm on a pv day, hooray! Just had a mackerel salad then total fat free Greek yogurt mixed with sugar free jelly and sweetner, yum. 3 pound lost already. Should get to true weight by beginning of June, 😊. Good luck everyone!!

Forgot to add that the beauty of this diet is that I never feel hungry ! Plus I don't ever get the feeling that I need to eat, i.e. Having shaky hands, lethargic etc, I always get this on weight watchers, slimfast, slimming world and all the other many diets I've tried before!!!

Forgot to add that the beauty of this diet is that I never feel hungry ! Plus I don't ever get the feeling that I need to eat, i.e. Having shaky hands, lethargic etc, I always get this on weight watchers, slimfast, slimming world and all the other many diets I've tried before!!!
Hey, well done for a really good start! I agree... i am never hungry... infact last time i was on dukan i was often forget to eat!

Day 6 today. I decided t do 5 days attack as i have a lot of weight to loose and i wasn't finding it a struggle at all. I have lost 6lbs in the 5 days of attack so more than happy with that.
Today i start my first pv day. I had my pancake VERY early this morning as i had an exam to sit (I am a student nurse). After the exam i popped to the shops on the way home to get some salad and usually, i would reward myself or celebrate that an exam was over with anything containing sugar and a bottle of wine. I wasn't even tempted! That is what i find to be the best thing about this diet. I never crave sugar... right from the very start. Normally i find sugar so hard to stay away from and i definitely have quite a strong addiction but breaking away from the carbs totally rids me of that.
Have had salmon and salad for lunch and will cook roast chicken and roasted veg for dinner. In the middle of making my sugar free jelly/ cottage cheese mousse for later tonight also. Oh and i had 2 hard boiled eggs.
I know from previous experience that the more protein i eat the bigger the weight loss so am trying to be mindful of this. All going well and i'm amazed at how easy it seems to be this time orund. I also haven't had the awful sugar/carb withdrawl headaches that i have in the past. Feeling good!!:cool:

Day 7, sts this morning which i'm happy with straight after my first pv day. Am feeling really well and full of energy today! Love how this diet rids me of the binge eating/ guilt cycle as i just don't binge eat! It's like it calms every craving.
Today is another pp day so i have had my pancake, roast chicken for lunch and chicken thighs for dinner. I had some natural yogurt with a highlight sachet mixed in as a snack. Been a bit of a chicken day! But forgot to get organised. Clothes are feeling so much more comfortable already as the bloating has gone. I am drinking far too much coffee and pepsi max though so really need to up my water intake.

Day 7 for me too! 5lb down 😁 I love this diet, I totally agree how it rids me of the binge/guilt cycle too, really strange how I don't even

I give up trying to post! Just written a huge paragraph and it disappeared, wtf, anyway high five dukan ...

Day 7 for me too! 5lb down 😁 I love this diet, I totally agree how it rids me of the binge/guilt cycle too, really strange how I don't even

I give up trying to post! Just written a huge paragraph and it disappeared, wtf, anyway high five dukan ...
Lol, hate it when that happens :D

Day 7, end of first week and 7lb down! So so pleased as i wasn't sure it was going to work for me this time round! Feeling great and looking forward to another pv day today.
Breakfast, pancake, Lunch, chicken salad and Dinner, Spaghetti free bolognaise :cool:

PP day for me today, yoghurt and oat bran with sweetner for breakfast, sliced beef with a little mustard, sf jelly lunch then ham and soft boiled eggs for dinner. How am I not hungry?! Totally weird!! Not craving anything, feeling great and so motivated to keep it up! i was worried that it wasn't going to work for me again this time as I've previously dipped in and out of dukan for the last few years and always caved! Seems that something is different this time, mindset maybe, whatever it is, I'm so pleased 😁 Im currently 9st 11lb (5 ft 3) and would love to see 8st 4lb, fingers crossed 🤞🏻 xx

Grrr no weight loss to report but hopefully I'll have something to report after today's pp day. Had courgette spaghetti and king prawns for dinner last night, delicious! Yogurt and oat bran for breakfast now having a few crab sticks. Looking at people's slimming world posts and can't believe how much some are eating and still lose weight! It's not fair, it totally doesn't work for me. Will not get disheartened and carry on! Ham omelette for lunch, yum 😐

I often think that when friends are loosing weight on slimming world but i know it doesn't work for me. I've tried it so many times. For me it doesn't break the sugar addiction as you are still allowed some. Also, i have an underactive thyroid and so my body processes carbs really slowly. When on slimming world i eat loads and loads of carbs! The other thing is that eating the carbs such as potatoes, rice and pasta actually makes me crave more carbs in the way of sweets and chocolate. It does work so well for some though.

I keep getting lost with what day number i am at. I think Friday weigh in was my weekly one which would make Friday actually day 8. So i'm going to call today day 10... not that it matters! Yesterday the scales were down another pound. I forgot to weigh myself today so will have to see what they say tomorrow. I would love to just weigh at the end of the week and get a nice surprise but i can't not jump on them at the moment!

Yesterday pp day was pancake, bacon omelette and stirfry steak and onions. I also had sf jelly wizzed up with yogurt to make a mousse. Today is a pv day and i have had pancake, sausages, fried eggs and mushrooms for lunch ( as i forgot it was pv day lol) Dinner will be roast chicken and vegetables and i have cooked up some chicken thigh fillets to snack on... not that i get hungry these days! So far it has all been easy and straightforward but i have been at home studying. Week after next i am back on long shifts in hospital. Not sure how to manage my food around that yet. Will need to do some planning!

Day 12 today, scales are moving a bit slower this week but that is fine. Still going in the right direction... another 1lb off today so that is 9 off in 11 days. Still not drinking nearly enough so again it is my goal to up that again today. Off to study for a huge exam tomorrow... will update all things food wise tomorrow x

Day 14. Yesterday was exam day for me. Was such a relief to have that all finishes and i went for lunch with friends after. I ordered a chicken salad but did have a side of sweet potatoe fries... not the end of the world as i was celebrating and did keep off the wine. In the way home however... i stopped at the shops and brought a big bag of haribo and ate the lot! You can't teach an old dog new tricks lol. What i am pleased about though is that for a split second i had the mentality of... i've messed up now... may as well have a dinner off plan too. But i didn't . I cooked a chicken and had it with roast veg.
Scales had gone up by 2lb this morning though :(. I do realise this is temporary though and have been straight back on plan today with muffins made from oatbran, salmon for lunch and mince for dinner. No snacks as not particularly hungry and nothing on hand to have. I realise i am not eating enough most days and need to get protein snacks ready to be on hand. I also realised that the coffee mate i use in my copious amounts of coffee every day is quite high in carb! Who knew! Have knocked that one on the head from today.

End of week 2 weigh in tomorrwow. i hope the scales are kind and i will loose the 2lb gain. Will still only mean a 2lb loss this week but as long as it's in the right direction i'll take it xx

So... i am still 2lb up after my meal out on Wednesday (today is sat and i have done 2x pp days since). So annoying! That makes my weight loss for week 2 a big fat zilch:mad:. I was really unwell yesterday with an upset stomach... thought that on the bright side it may have shifted some weight but no...

Oh well... i know my body is a lot sower to loose these days but i also know that this is the point where i usually give up. I know the weight will go... may just take longer this time round. Sticking with it and hoping for a loss next week.

Hi well done on Dukan it’s just water ignore it stick to plan do PP for 3 days and weigh it can help
I’ve been 100% on week 4 ,2 days to weigh in and scales aren’t moving this week it happens in ketosis your body’s adjusting x

Hi I’m 48 , 49 in October I tell you the weight is harder to shift isn’t it
I have Mirena coil first year weight loss is harder but when it settles it shouldn’t stop you losing weight as it’s only estrogen in tiny amounts

What are you eating every day in attack everyone shoudnlose weight as it’s water weight ?
Dukan is strict or we retain water like keto.

Weird we could be twins I’ve 3 children
22 18 13 lol

Tbh I wonder if your eating enough as if you don’t you want kosw weight at first as your body will panic and hold fat stores so it’s basically keep on at it nd measure yourself only for the first month ?

How much water are you drinking a day ?

Back