Time to crack on and lose the last of this baby weight!!

vix5

Okay so I figure writing a diary can help motivate me to get rid of the last of the baby weight! I will seriously try anything! So here goes......

My best weight is around 10st 7- I was 10st 2 when I got married in summer 2010 however I trained really hard to get down to that weight and although I would love to get there I am trying to get to a realistic 10 stone 10 (less would be embraced however baby steps...!) I gave birth to my gorgeous daughter 6 months ago- and during the pregnancy I saw it as a chance to embrace my inner fat person and ate and ate and ate- chocolate mainly! I put on 4 stone so ended up around 14 stone 7 (well I was that at 38 weeks- stopped weighing myself after that!). My daughter was 8lbs 1 and after the birth I went to 13 stone 7. This is the heaviest I have been (without a baby inside me!) I damaged my coccyx bone during the birth so couldn't exercise like planned however through dieting I have managed in the past six months to get myself to 11 stone 2. Great- however.... I live abroad and have endless visitors from the uk who come here for a holiday, meaning eating out, drinking etc. Each time they come I seem to go back up to 11 stone 7/8 and then have to work hard to get the pounds off again- it is really making me fed up!! I wish I had more self control but don't want to be miserable when they have paid to come and see us.

Now I use these as an excuse for cheating on the diet or not doing exercise:

Visitors, working full time and having a 6 month old baby- (maternity leave here is 7 weeks, i managed to squeeze 9 weeks out of work however it is still outrageous!) Being too tired in the evening as my working day start at 6am so I get up at 5 everyday- also the odd night when the baby wakes- luckily she is normally an angel and has been sleeping through since 7 weeks old! I am sure there is more...

Now my aim is to not use these as an excuse anymore and just get rid of this weight.

First weight in tomorrow (I am an obsessive weigher too so need to try and tone that down- I step on the scales about 10 times a day!) I can guarantee I am not 156 pounds and more- GULP!! Well it is time to face the music and sort this out once and for all- I feel so much happier thinner.

Hopefully this diary will stop me being a diet bore with everyone around me who isn't interested- especially my husband!

Tomorrow is the start of my thinner future- I will succeed this time. I am 30 in july and I will be thinner!!

(if anyone has read this then I apologise for stealing minutes of your life that you won't get back ha ha!!)

Right I weighed myself this morning and disappointingly I have gained 5 pounds so I am now 11st 7lbs- So I am back on the porridge, I have ww soup for lunch and steak and green beans for tea. Also no fizzy drinks just water and definitely no booze as that has helped me to gain the 5 pounds.

good luck hun i'm sure you'll do great x

Day 1 almost complete I have not strayed from my diet, calories eaten 997 calories burnt 353- I did 40 lengths of the pool in my lunch hour ( however I do think the calories burned on the MFP are higher than what I think I have burned so I am not going to eat my exercise calories!) Still got calories left but I am full up from dinner and I am going to have an early night so I will keep these calories incase I need them later in the week. I am still ON IT!!!

Just eaten dinner and I still have 200 calories left- definitely going to be on or under my calories today- not finding it too hard as I am pretty focused and back at work after a week off- I definitely find that routine helps. Busy day at work so wasn't even thinking about food. Not taking money to work so that I am not tempted to go to the canteen and buy something naughty- also taking tinned ww soup which helps as I start work at 6 an If i take something cold I eat it by 10 then I am starving by dinner time! The challenge will be the weekend!!

Oh I know the baby/child excuses only too well. In fact my husband even makes them for me. Ugh. My child is 3 years old now and I have learned the hard way to give him super tiny meals, or I will just eat up all the rest. I'm sure at 6 months old they are not eating anything that appetizing yet. :)

I hadn't even thought about what it'll be like when she starts eating food I want to finish off! So far mashed up fruit and veg is not that tempting! I stupidly told my other half to nag me to go to the gym a few days ago- well last night he did some training with me (legs, bums and tums) at home which was great and I felt good, then today after a hard day at work he told me to go to the gym and I nearly lost it- ha ha I definitely shouldn't have told him to nag me- learn't a lesson there!

Great day- kept to calories and did exercise on top! Blasting the legs bums and tums! Really busy at work so don't get hungry till I get home so saving some calories for a snack after work! Still not eating my exercise calories and hubby is supportive eating and cooking healthy meals with me. Drank a diet coke though which I didn't want to do however it could be worse! Going I go to bed early with a magazine and a cuppa to keep on track- I am so rock and roll- not!!! Going to try and swim 40 lengths at lunch time again tomorrow.

Negative end to the day- sitting in the bedroom in a mood as my hubby just told me after I have done so well today and did lots of exercise on my core at home that I wouldn't lose weight unless I go running! Mmmm thats supportive considering I have lost 3 stone of baby weight by dieting and moderate exercising (not running!!!) already. He said a few other things too- however he then tells me not to ask him to be supportive if I am going to get moody- not sure where he was being supportive! I also pulled out the excuses which frustrated me- I explained to him that I get up at 5am everyday with our daughter, I go to work at 6am, do a job that is on my feet all day till 2.30pm then I look after our baby till she goes to bed- I would then have to go to the gym from 7till9pm so basically would not sit down from 5am till 9pm. That is so not going to happen. Yes I went to the gym before I had her- but I went straight from work and had time! I pulled up a picture of a woman who put on weight when pregnant and had gone on to lose the weight when her son was 3 and got really toned and muscly- I said I would love to get like her and he said yes but she was probably naturally small. So I am naturally big?! I have been a size 10/12 for our whole relationship before I got pregnant- I am now maybe a size bigger- grrrrr rant over... For now!!

OMG. Men. Srsly, I think I had had this conversation with my husband too. There was one time, there was this commercial on for a dating web site and he is like, "I wonder what that is like. Two hot people matched up with each other, I mean of course it is going to work, right?" OMG. This led to a discussion of that he thinks we are not "hot" to no, it's not that, we are just overweight...ugh.

I was 130 pounds before we lived together. Up to 165 and down to 150 before the baby. Now I'm up here @ 170 and just like, "How did I let this happen?" And yes, you can lose weight without running. Exercise is exercises. Doesn't matter what one you are doing.

Thank you Siqua. Your husband sounds similar to mine ha ha- I think they do not think before they speak!!

Weighed in this morning and I have lost the 5 pound I put on when my friends visited- so back to 156 pounds my pre pregnancy weight- however I got pregnant just after christmas so need to carry on and try and lose another 7 pounds (or a stone would be lovely!) I have not run at all I would like to add!! ha ha So pleased- a little exercise has helped though. Onwards and downwards now...

Well it is the weekend (friday and saturday is he weekend in the middle east) and on a Thursday night we go to the rugby club around 3 o'clock after work and normally sit with friend eating snacks( all unhealthy!) and drinking some beers in the sun- however I am so 'on it' that I saved calories at work, swam 50 lengths in my lunch hour and had only 1 corona and no snacky food at all. Managed to wait till I got home about 8 and had a chilli ( on its own- I find I don't need a carb to go with it!). So I was actually under calories and had exercised!

My husband has had knee surgery recently so hasn't been unable to look after the baby as much however this morning he said he would do he morning shift so i could lie in- even thought it was only till 8 and I got up at 5 for a bit to help him sort out the babies breakfast- it was amazing!! First lie in for weeks and I feel great! Feel bad now for moaning about him in previous posts ha ha!

So the start of the weekend has been very successful- stood on he scales this morning and I am so close to the 10 stones now I want to be there by weight in which is 6 days away. Just got to stay strong and keep moving!

Hate how my I phone changes the to he (please ignore) Doh!

I am so 'on it'!! I am so near to my target I just so want to get there- I will then move my target from 10 stone 10 to 10 and a half! Just ordered two fitness DVDs as I am much happier doing exercise at home and swimming in my lunch hour rather than going to the gym when I am tired! Haven't told my husband yet- I am predicting a roll of the eyes ( I don't understand why as he knows I am motivated at the minute and he should know I will do the dvd's!) Hurt my back on Thursday playing badminton so hoping that gets better soon but just going to carry on exercising through it as much as I can!

Well stuck on 11 stone 1- I SO SO SO want to get into the 10's by weight in this week (thursday) but I don't think its going to happen- I seem to be stuck. Still swimming and have not gone over my calories since I started this diary! Feel so much better with the weight I lost last week I just want to keep it dropping off! I think I might be expecting too much too soon.

Forgot to say- I tried on all my pre pregnancy dresses on for the first time in ages (last time I cried as I couldn't get most of them over my bum!) and they all fit and fasten up- I was so excited and my husband actually showed interest in the fact that I had lost enough weight to get into them! The plus about having a baby is the fact that you had to lift and carry them a lot so I am particularly liking how toned my shoulders and top of my back are getting! I had a really fat back and arms when I was pregnant. My back went hunched and my husband asked my doctor if the hump was normal and she said it was just fat due to my pregnancy weight- my husband thought this was hilarious and kept calling me 'fat back!' ha ha how cruel but even I had to see the funny side of it even though a little humiliated!!

OMG I just want to eat eat eat. I am yet to break my diet- had 2 alpen bars and a slim a soup however I want a big burger or some chinese or thai food or a big fat subway sandwich. Stuck in work luckily and no bad things to eat here however feel like I will go home and eat my body weight in food. Swam at lunch so don't want to undo my good work but I am SOOOOO hungry!! First time I have been tempted to just blow the diet. Think TOTM must be coming. Can't think about anything but food! Argggggghhhhh!!

Well I didn't break my diet today after wanting to all day- ate 1238 calories but had burnt 292 calories swimming- normally I don't eat my exercise calories however a measly 38 calories can't hurt! I am so pleased I managed to keep control- it helps that there is no rubbish to eat in the house or at work! I never had my porridge for breakfast which meant the rest of the day I was hungry- I must not skip breakfast tomorrow!

Weigh in tomorrow don't think I have lost anything this week even though I have been good- in fact really good- just bought a turkey subway for dinner tho- I can eat a foot long and still be under calories however thinking all the bread cannot be a good thing- so far eaten half- hoping I am strong enough to resist the other half!

Didn't eat the foot long! Lost 1 pound this week which I am fine with after such a big loss last week! Want to lose a pound a week now- more would be great but getting closer to target so 1 pound is more realistic! Feeling better in my clothes and within myself now I am near to the 10 stones mark (11 stone sounds alot but at 5ft7 I have always been a size 12 when i am around the 11 stone mark and 10 in low 10 stones) I want to be 10.10 at least still however. 5 pounds to go! Thinking exercise will be the key- ordered the 30 day shred as a kick up the bum!

Back