Time to get serious!

Dont be so hard on yourself regarding doing step 2 hun my losses actually improved again after moving up to step 2. This might be your bodies way of telling you its struggling and needs more and if that is the case losses probably will slow as your body will worry it isnt getting enough. I like yiu was determined to stay on SS until goal but ended up moving on to step 2 when I was 21lbs off goal im now 7.5lbs off goal and staying on step 2 until then. Ive also heard the longer you can drag the steps out the better in regards to maintenence but not sure if this is true or not.

Hope you feel better soon you have done so well!!

I'm beginning to wonder if you're right there, I know everyobody's bodys are different, but I think youre on to something. It'll be really interesting to see what my loss it this week, then if it pleases me I may just make a habit of chucking in a few ss+ days here and there, don't think I'd need to do it all the time since some days I get on ok, then I guess that is a beginning of moving on up (slowly of course!)

What weight are you now? and what sort of losses are you currently having on step 2? See I'm about 21lbs off of goal right now too, just wandering how much that matches up to your experience?

Ria x

Hi Ria, new to this forum but nearly 6 weeks into CWP! Read through this entire thread last night but was so tired by the end I don't think I could have physically replied! Just wanted to say how well you have done...you are really looking fantastic, you can see a huge difference in the photos!

I think the fact you know where you have gone "wrong" (though there's really not that much damage turkey and broccoli can do, at least in my experience) is the first step to saying, it's Monday tomorrow, a new week, time to get on with it. I have a fairly lax attitude towards CWP - if my friends are going out, I will go out, drink, if family are over, I will eat a meal with them etc etc. I've been in and out of ketosis a couple of times since I've been on the diet (I did LL last year so kind of knew where I could be a little bit cheaty). Every time I've "slipped up," however intentional, I've just refused to let myself even think I can do anything BUT be faithful to the diet once I'm back on it. You will probably see a fairly hefty loss this week if you do stick to SS, but like LMS said, there's nothing wrong with SS+. If you do feel like you need that bit extra, why not try doing 'proper' SS+ as it were?

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work. Don't beat yourself up & see it as a fresh start this week. I have total confidence that you will go beyond your goals by June!

Hi, Welcome to the forum, my diary and thank you!!

That's some awesome control you have, I like to think I am the same but wouldn't like to risk trying lol. I'd love to have more weekends off, especially this weekend since my man is here and no doubt he'll want some lunch - be it in a restaurant or me cooking it, either way it'll be a lovely curry with some sort of lovely indian bread, thing is, I feel so **** going back into ketosis that it's just not worth the hassle for one meal unfortunately!

Really looking forward to my "official" weigh in tomorrow morning, managed to avoid the scales this morning for the first time in ages, I'd love to say it was willpower but I was running late! but a day off of weighing is alwayds good. And i'm chucking down liquids like their going out of fashion today!

Didn't go down to lunch since I want to keep SS today and was afraid I might head for some veg or something lol.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're right there, I know everyobody's bodys are different, but I think youre on to something. It'll be really interesting to see what my loss it this week, then if it pleases me I may just make a habit of chucking in a few ss+ days here and there, don't think I'd need to do it all the time since some days I get on ok, then I guess that is a beginning of moving on up (slowly of course!)

What weight are you now? and what sort of losses are you currently having on step 2? See I'm about 21lbs off of goal right now too, just wandering how much that matches up to your experience?

Ria x

On my last weigh in I was exactly 10 stone (cant wait to see the 9's) my losses on step 2 have settled at 2-3lbs a week but I fully expected them to slow closer to goal. I think if your hungry then throw in some ss+. I was always scared that if I didnt allow myself a step 2 meal when I was feeling hungry then I'd go mad after a while and have a huge binge personal choice definitely though. Im going home next week so will come off plan for a short while. Not been home since August and no one knows I've been loosing weight. Let me know how your weigh in goes :)

So, weigh in this morning, 3lbs lost and I'm not really sure how to feel about it! It's a good loss. Looking at my averages I guess since I'm closer to target I'm not going to be loosing the 3.5-4lbs I was getting at one point, but I still can't help but wonder if I could do a week of 100% uninterrupted soul source if perhaps I might?

I've done the maths and if I can lose a minimum of 3lbs a week I can still get to target before my holiday, with 4 days to spare! I know I will put on weight during holiday and will want to ss/ss+ for a couple of weeks when i get back before I properly move up the steps to shift it again. But really for me it's a psychological thing about getting there before the holiday. if I don't I will be utterly disappointed which is why I guess I am so worried about SS+ing.

Didn't manage my SS Day yesterday AGAIN! - fell at the last hurdle by having 2 bites of mums slim and save bar last night :-s Looks like I have got to that horrible place I hoped I wouldn't where I know a little bit of this and that here and there doesn't do the dramatic damage I once thought it would. damn it!

I think ss+ might be an option for you ria because your beating yourself up about it. If you consciously allow yourself this entire week ss+ then you have decided that in advance and won't have that guilty feeling when you perceive it to be failing. If you wanna go bk to ss after this week then fine but what's a week?

Your doing so well and you should be looking at how far you have come up to now not focusing so much on the goal because you WILL get there you just have to believe it.

Xxx

I think ss+ might be an option for you ria because your beating yourself up about it. If you consciously allow yourself this entire week ss+ then you have decided that in advance and won't have that guilty feeling when you perceive it to be failing. If you wanna go bk to ss after this week then fine but what's a week?

Your doing so well and you should be looking at how far you have come up to now not focusing so much on the goal because you WILL get there you just have to believe it.

Xxx

I think you're probably right, although I think if I take that approach I will just have the SS+ stuff if I feel like I need it. I looked back at my diary and on Saturday I did manage a SS day ( I can do it!) so if in theory, if I am allowing it, but don't have it, it's a bonus right?

I try to avoid focusing on my progress so far simply because I am scared I will get complacent, the 1.5stone left is nothing in the grand scheme of things compared to the 3.5 already lost, yet in my head it seems the hardest! I just don't want to give up like I have the million times before!

I guess I just wanna get it over with already!!

But at the same time I REALLY want home made curry and chapatis! very specific I know!

Off to see my CWPC tonight, wonder what he will say!

I think ur right about the last bit being the hardest and you just want to progress like you have all along but the reality is that the closer you are to goal the slower it comes off but the important thing is to see it through rather than getting frustrated and giving up thinking we can go it alone.

I feel ur pain believe me! And you will get there!

If you allow it and don't have it then that's alright! Aslong as you aren't beating yourself up about allowing it lol.

I know the coming weeks will be trying but just stick with it! Because you know eventually you will be where you wanna be and you will look back and realise it wasn't really that long.

Just be mentally prepared for slower losses when nearing the end. If you are prepared then you won't feel so annoyed about it because you already knew it would happen.

Keep plodding along.... You're doing fab!!

Xx

I think ur right about the last bit being the hardest and you just want to progress like you have all along but the reality is that the closer you are to goal the slower it comes off but the important thing is to see it through rather than getting frustrated and giving up thinking we can go it alone.

I feel ur pain believe me! And you will get there!

If you allow it and don't have it then that's alright! Aslong as you aren't beating yourself up about allowing it lol.

I know the coming weeks will be trying but just stick with it! Because you know eventually you will be where you wanna be and you will look back and realise it wasn't really that long.

Just be mentally prepared for slower losses when nearing the end. If you are prepared then you won't feel so annoyed about it because you already knew it would happen.

Keep plodding along.... You're doing fab!!

Xx

Thanks for being there hun! it really helps!

Whilst on holiday sat on deck on the cruise ship in feb I wrote this, just found it on my phone, thought its good to share since this diary needs a little positivity after all my moans!.....

I will not be overweight because.....

I want to stand up without a couple of tries before. I want to always get up in one go whatever my age

I don't want to be like 95% of the people on this ship, wobbly bits galore!

I want shape in my body

I don't want to be paranoid about people judging me on what I am eating (oh yes, OHs friends used to watch and comment to him, so embarrassing!)

One day I will want children, I don't want to make that difficult and when I do have them I don't want them to have an obese role model.

I don't want to be bigger than my man! He's the same height as me with a 30in waist. I also don't want to have to protest when he tries to pick me up!

I want to inspire others to loose weight too.... So on that one ill continue with the benefits so far....

I no longer have to layer up my tops to smooth myself out

Towels fit!

I can wear a dress with no tights without fear of my thighs rubbing together so much I get sores

Lots and lots of compliments!

The shock of people when they haven't seen you for a couple of months.

I can pick up a size 12 and be confident that even if it might not fit straight away, it will do soon.

I'm not scared of having a photo taken now because I might look fat, I don't have to hold in any more, position at a certain angle or anything, and hey, if I look bad- there's not much I can do about my face :p

I don't mind telling people my weight anymore! Actually it's been like that since I started cwp. See it doesn't matter since I'm loosing it anyway, nothing to be sensitive about anymore!

Then a funny thing really, all I really ever wanted was to be able to wear a bikini, or those barely there summer clothes, but now I'm getting closer to that being a possibility, I actually don't! Maybe it's an age thing, maybe is influenced by my other halfs culture, but actually I think people look better with more clothes on! And yes, this meant I was the one walking around in skinny jeans getting odd looks from fellow Brits in the Caribbean whilst they were all walking around in what is effectively underwear! Means I look less of a tourist if anything, and I hate to be a tourist! And sod it, I used to be obsessed with getting a tan or at least avoiding tan lines - to the sacrifice of wearing flattering clothes, but really, it takes a lot less time to shove on some st tropez mousse and suddenly there's a whole day available to do other things with! Anyway, i digress....

I have collar bones (who knew) and my shoulders appear to be made of bone also!

And to finish the positivity, a fellow colleague told me that a guy at work (young, into fitness etc etc) has commented that my boyfriend must be starting to get worried about me since I'm looking so good lately :)

What great things you have achieved! :) I told you! You have come so far it's amazing what we can do when we are determined.

The best compliments when someone thinks you look so great! I bet writing all that stuff down made you feel happy and determined to finish!

Keep reading that stuff when the diet gets to you. Which I know can be regularly lol

I love reading your diary :)

Xx

Well, if anything it kept me occupied writing it!

Went mad at the supermarket tonight making up a meal in my head, resulting in this....

image-2158170367.jpg

It's tofu (250g) with 80g of veg consisting of green chilli, pak choi, broccoli, mushroom, spring onion and a little grate of ginger, all dry fried up together.

Not sure ginger is allowed but apart from that its a perfect ss+ meal, and very tasty if I do say so myself!

hmmm, true! Oh how much I would love to scoff right now though! I neeeeed to get over this, unfortunately this 7 week itch I don't have a 2 week all inclusive holiday to get it out of my system like I did last time!

AGGGHHHH sat in the office and all I can see is people scoffing sandwiches and can hear the sound of crisps being crunched!

Just had my bar and my tummy is literally growling for more! was going to try SS today but I think the tofu will be coming out again tonight! See my initial thought was to try and alternate SS and SS+ but the way I feel it think it'll keep on being SS+

You know ur definitely onto something with week 7. I am ready to crack up lol I get weighed fortnightly, that's my personal choice but my own scales are very similar to my cwpc's and apparently this week I've stayed the same!

Mad wouldn't cut it. Everything is normal drinking water ,having all my packs ,totm isn't due! No explanation.

Hoping for better nvr week but because I'm so hungry the sts just didn't cut it.

Tofu sounds like a good idea Hun. Watching other people eat is so hard but you have your little meal to lool forward too!

Hoping your right about the 7th week because another week of this sounds grim!

M xx

Jeez, I know, it's gotta get better again surely? Either that or I will have to take a break every 7 weeks to sort it out which I don't plan on doing!

That's ridiculous!! When Is your official weigh in?

Didn't have a meal tonight, I think where I might have been going wrong is lately I have got hungry/bored (who knows since I can't tell the difference!) on the way home and had a bar which was dinner, therefore not properly having something when I get home - like sitting down and concentrating on eating something, hence the need for a ss+ meal on top. Well today I ate a bar at work so there was nothing but sachets in my bag and nothing I could eat on the way home! Had a shake when I got home, thought I wanted more but coped without it.

So close to being a successful ss day, well until I was cooking a curry for my other half, I planned to taste a little of the sauce to check it was ok since it was a new recipe, problem was it was more than ok, so ended up "checking" it 3 more times! RIA!!!! Apart from the oil and tomatoes its fairly minimal on carbs, but still, gotta learn to PUT THE SPOON DOWN! I wouldn't have dared put a drop in my mouth 3 months ago! I probably won't get knocked out of ketosis but I deserve to be!

Put 4 chillies AND chilli powder in it thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it even if I did like it, but no, happily stood there spooning it with my nose running! Think I'm gradually becoming immune to spice!

Hey ho, what's done is done, Lets get this week over with and hope it all starts to sort itself out again soon.

(Yes, I am purposely ignoring the fact it's already been over a week I've been like this)

Hi Ria. Just wanted to say that I've read this diary over the course of the last few days and you're a massive inspiration. Your start weight is the same as my current weight and if I can achieve what you have in nearly 4 months I will be over the moon. Keep up the good work, and just think of all those lovely curries you can have at the end of it, that's what I'm doing anyway :)

Jeez, I know, it's gotta get better again surely? Either that or I will have to take a break every 7 weeks to sort it out which I don't plan on doing!

That's ridiculous!! When Is your official weigh in?

Didn't have a meal tonight, I think where I might have been going wrong is lately I have got hungry/bored (who knows since I can't tell the difference!) on the way home and had a bar which was dinner, therefore not properly having something when I get home - like sitting down and concentrating on eating something, hence the need for a ss+ meal on top. Well today I ate a bar at work so there was nothing but sachets in my bag and nothing I could eat on the way home! Had a shake when I got home, thought I wanted more but coped without it.

So close to being a successful ss day, well until I was cooking a curry for my other half, I planned to taste a little of the sauce to check it was ok since it was a new recipe, problem was it was more than ok, so ended up "checking" it 3 more times! RIA!!!! Apart from the oil and tomatoes its fairly minimal on carbs, but still, gotta learn to PUT THE SPOON DOWN! I wouldn't have dared put a drop in my mouth 3 months ago! I probably won't get knocked out of ketosis but I deserve to be!

Put 4 chillies AND chilli powder in it thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it even if I did like it, but no, happily stood there spooning it with my nose running! Think I'm gradually becoming immune to spice!

Hey ho, what's done is done, Lets get this week over with and hope it all starts to sort itself out again soon.

(Yes, I am purposely ignoring the fact it's already been over a week I've been like this)

My official weigh in is next weds 1st of may!

You make me laugh so much!

Yes the worst damage was oil and tomato so lets hope you don't come out of ketosis because you are only human and you will get there!

I really do think you should allow yourself a full ss+ week rather than trying not to have it. That way you have just sacrificed a week that will most likely end in a pleasant surprise anyway.

Your doing so well! Tell this man of yours he's getting no more of your cooking until you get to goal aha!

You can do it ria! Keep ur eye on the prize huni... You're sooooo close!!

Lets do this thing!

Here's to week 8 being back to normal! Whatever normal is on this diet lol

M xx

Back