Time to get serious!

I've read that sometimes taking a day 'off' dieting helps boost your metabolism... not sure about that but it's worth trying for a day.. as long as you don't go crazy!

i weighed myself this morning and was so chuffed to see another few pounds off!! i've lost 17lbs so far with the plan and it's like the more you lose the more you want to do it. so it was a well needed boost!

i think i might have a mousse thing tonight for 'dessert' hehe. how much of the actual mix a mousse powder do you use?
im having a cold cappucino shake just now. it's so hot today in glasgow! sunny and 25 degrees! too bad i'm studying :( i have an exam in 2 weeks waaa :( sorry i'm such a moaner!

So... Turned out Rana had the day off again... It seems sharing the curries I make with his superiors is doing something good, so we went out for a bit, then went for lunch.

Now when we spent a weekend in Cardiff together last year we visited the red hot buffet- it was the first time we ha visited a place like that and we loved it! So much so we went back 2 days in a row! The food all seemed fresh and the variety was fab! And recently a similar affair has opened up in Southampton so we had been looking forward to giving it a go....

So I went off plan in an all you can eat buffet. Don't worry though, it was crap, the food just wasn't worth wasting the calories on!! I picked at a few things, all the things I though I was missing out on.... Pizza - had a nibble, left the rest as it tasted funny to me! 2 chips- cardboardy! I didn't touch the chicken nuggets since I want confident there would be chicken in them!! I had some freshly made naan which was the nicest thing there, a few Indian starters and a bit of curry. Dessert wise I had a few spoons of mr whippy, and the corner off of 4 types of dessert- they were all ***** as well!

So I had a bit of everything, learnt (on this occasion) that I'm not missing out. Had enough to knock me out of ketosis, not really fussed since like you all say having a day off could help me. Also tucked into a coconut bar - oh yes, I know how to party lol, it was basically a bounty without the chocolate! Totally confused myself now though, can't put my food into MFP since I'm not entirely sure what I ate - not good for a diet control freak like me! Will probably have Cambridge product for dinner, dunno if I should have a 3rd for the nutrients - probably should - it's not even worth trying to go off plan for Dinner since I don't really know how! Making a choice on some food really freaks me out! See- I can't even manage to properly go off plan properly lol.

Might be going out for lunch Monday still, but will play it by ear, all depends on Rana's shifts.

Ive been thinking about yogurt ever since you mentioned it last night... I might pop and get some for my museli this morning... would mean sacrifice of hot drinks though. And I am working later hmmm a shift without tea? Could be a nightmare haha x

Yum, I can't wait to have museli!! Why not split your allowance between yogurt and milk? Sure it'll take some maths but think its a good solution for you.

You need to put the scales away!!!

Did you my diary where he had hidden the scales? Lol in the bloody car!!!

Sounds good maybe that's an option for you have other flavours and see how that works out.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but maybe lyn is right. Take Monday off if ur confident enough to get straight back on it Tuesday morning.

Maybe it will give u that boost you need x

Haha I know, I also need to get some new batteries for them, they keep telling me "LO" unless they are talking about my weight :p

i think i might have a mousse thing tonight for 'dessert' hehe. how much of the actual mix a mousse powder do you use?
im having a cold cappucino shake just now. it's so hot today in glasgow! sunny and 25 degrees! too bad i'm studying :( i have an exam in 2 weeks waaa :( sorry i'm such a moaner!

You need a scoop full, then use 150ml if water, I find mixing the shake and mix a mousse together first helps avoid lumps!

25?! Jealous! It says 18 on my car but its bloody freezing as the sun keeps hiding behind the clouds!! Brrrr!

Sorry going off plan wasn't worth it Hun. Maybe lunch will be nicer on Monday.

I hate when that happens! U was out today at the garden centre and the cafe there makes everything homemade so it was tough lol

Wanted to gobble ahaha

It's good you realise what you can and can't tolerate now tho.

Hopefully u enjoyed ur day nonetheless. The scales are defo talking bout ur weight ;) lol

Xxxx

Sorry going off plan wasn't worth it Hun. Maybe lunch will be nicer on Monday.

I hate when that happens! U was out today at the garden centre and the cafe there makes everything homemade so it was tough lol

Wanted to gobble ahaha

It's good you realise what you can and can't tolerate now tho.

Hopefully u enjoyed ur day nonetheless. The scales are defo talking bout ur weight ;) lol

Xxxx

Nah, it's cool hun, it's great to have a reminder of how much my food taste and habits have changed in the past few years! And it might still have a kick start for me hopefully, if not its still a great reminder that its not that exciting going off plan (I do this every time I do lol)

At a concert tonight, stooshe about to come on! :)

Nah, it's cool hun, it's great to have a reminder of how much my food taste and habits have changed in the past few years! And it might still have a kick start for me hopefully, if not its still a great reminder that its not that exciting going off plan (I do this every time I do lol)

At a concert tonight, stooshe about to come on! :)

Thinking about how it used to taste makes you want it tho.

Oh fun!! Have a great night :) x

Thinking about how it used to taste makes you want it tho.

Oh fun!! Have a great night :) x

Well actually... I couldn't wait to have a shake! It never tastes as good as you remember!!

I don't know if I'm old or what, but union j are playing and I have no idea who they are, and the songs aren't helping cos they're only singing covers! #toooldforconcertsjustgotobedinstead

Well actually... I couldn't wait to have a shake! It never tastes as good as you remember!!

I don't know if I'm old or what, but union j are playing and I have no idea who they are, and the songs aren't helping cos they're only singing covers! #toooldforconcertsjustgotobedinstead

Lol they were on X factor lol

haha union j look like babies.

ria, i made the mix a mousse as per your directions. it was delish. best i ever had! thanks

im on the new look website looking for dresses i will be able to fit into soon!

Awesome, I haven't had it for a while as I ran out, but new pot at the ready I think I fancy some tomorrow!

I'm addicted to new look, love adding stuff to the save list, actually ordered it all last week now have a MASSIVE pile of returns to go trough... The joys of not actually knowing which size to order!

X

I'm officially out of ketosis!

So...what to do today now... SS, SS+ or step 2? Didn't really plan this very well did I?

Sales are showing half lb gain, unless it takes a few days to reappear that is, this almost indicates to me that I was already holding water, which makes me feel a bit better about it all!

Lots to do today, my room is an utter tip, I've got gardening to do, eBay things to list. Application forms to fill in. Ugh, no rest is there!

Think ill just go and have a shake, I'll think about the rest.....

Morning all. Hope you all have some glorious sunshine today! I'm putting off my to-do list as most of it is inside jobs and since we have weather like this so rarely it's a shame to waste it!

Have decided to aim for SS today, well, for the rest of the day since this morning I stuffed 3 white Ferraro Rosher things in (oops) but saying that I'm now on my first shake and it's almost lunch time so I'm not doing too bad so far. Also kinda wanna prove to myself that I can survive a day on 3 shakes since that's what I wanna be having when I eventually maintain using 5:2 and it seems like so long ago I actually last did it. Got in too much of a 4 meals a day habit so think its good to break it occasionally.

Also have been thinking about bars, I quite often get indigestion from them and they don't really fill me up so not gonna order any this week. I've got 1 left so will leave it at that. Just don't think they're worth the extra carbs/calories right now!

Not sure if I will be off plan again tomorrow or not, but not gonna stress about it, I think off or on plan my weigh in tues isn't likely to please me anyhow!

Morning all. Hope you all have some glorious sunshine today! I'm putting off my to-do list as most of it is inside jobs and since we have weather like this so rarely it's a shame to waste it!

Have decided to aim for SS today, well, for the rest of the day since this morning I stuffed 3 white Ferraro Rosher things in (oops) but saying that I'm now on my first shake and it's almost lunch time so I'm not doing too bad so far. Also kinda wanna prove to myself that I can survive a day on 3 shakes since that's what I wanna be having when I eventually maintain using 5:2 and it seems like so long ago I actually last did it. Got in too much of a 4 meals a day habit so think its good to break it occasionally.

Also have been thinking about bars, I quite often get indigestion from them and they don't really fill me up so not gonna order any this week. I've got 1 left so will leave it at that. Just don't think they're worth the extra carbs/calories right now!

Not sure if I will be off plan again tomorrow or not, but not gonna stress about it, I think off or on plan my weigh in tues isn't likely to please me anyhow!

Hello lovely lady

How's ur day going?

Get back on it and you can do it! Remember the only thing stoping us from ss 100% is our own minds.

Why not step 2? When u decided last week that's what you were gonna do? Or is this just to get things going again?

I hate when the weathers nice and all the things u have to go are indoors. Maybe being the forms into the garden? That way you are ticking them off your list and still enjoying the sun. Ul feel better when they are done.

Don't worry about tomorrow just go with the flow and remember you had though of nandos anyway.

Keep ur head focused. Your not far now

Xxxx

Hello lovely lady

How's ur day going?

Get back on it and you can do it! Remember the only thing stoping us from ss 100% is our own minds.

Why not step 2? When u decided last week that's what you were gonna do? Or is this just to get things going again?

I hate when the weathers nice and all the things u have to go are indoors. Maybe being the forms into the garden? That way you are ticking them off your list and still enjoying the sun. Ul feel better when they are done.

Don't worry about tomorrow just go with the flow and remember you had though of nandos anyway.

Keep ur head focused. Your not far now

Xxxx

Hey hey!

Yeah I'm on it! I never fail to impress myself how quickly I can get back on it, once a shake was done earlier i was back in the zone!!

Oh I don't know really! It's been a few weeks since I last did SS so part of me is a bit curious as to what effect it might have on me if I do it now, I'm bloody awful making decisions, so I'm just going with the flow I guess!

Went out with mum to Asda which totally wasn't on my list of to-dos! Never mind! Bought a lovely maxi dress! Might just chill today then run around like a mad woman tomorrow instead!

Going to the shop and buying clothes really helps motivate, the feeling of picking something up and it fitting is not something I want to loose again, it's the best feeling in the world! At the moment I just can't comprehend how people can get this far then put it all back on again, I don't ever want to go back!

Back