Time to get serious!

I would play the hard line and scold you but then I would have to follow my own advice/telling off. It started off having a meal off on Friday because the 3 hour journey from work to consultants to home left me utterly misterable and I wanted something comforting. Of course I got too much (things were on offer) so when Saturday arrived we gave into our temptations of having food sitting in the freezer (in the form of garlic bread). The same thing happened on Sunday. Thankfully there is no more in the freezer anymore!!! I don't know why but when I give myself a little break I really take the micky and have the whole thing!! What is wrong with us!?!?!?!

I'm not sure if even my 4lb loss made me feel that it was "ok" to celebrate with a meal.

If you come up with a solution on what helps you let me know!!

Good luck with your article!

I can totally relate, why can't we just have one meal off then carry on? I could have just eaten my battered cod on Friday and got back to it by dinner time, but I didn't did I! Why do we always write off whole days!

The good news is that got 3 briefs done at work today and also 2 possible articles for my Interview, I'm going to do more so I have options but am heading in the right direction! Forgot to have breaks and even worked past my finish time, the desk on the landing has certainly helped my productivity.

Almost completed a decent step 2 day, not quite to plan as I was lacking enough veg to make up a full portion, but that's Prob balanced by the bonus bar I shouldn't have had, came in at 835cals total so that's fine.

Mood still not much better unfortunately, slightly lifted earlier by a swift call from my man - bless him giving me his ideas for my articles - which funnily enough were the same as my own! But ya know, little steps, I get there eventually!

Right I'm going to be the bad ass here... Ria, Fay... What are you doing ladies! Stop making excuses, it so destructive! You know this, stop cheating your selfs! How well have you both done how amazing do you feel for it? How amazing are you going to feel/look/think when you get to goal! Try going up a step and see how it goes, no shame in falling off the wagon now and then everyone does, if you mess up that's fine just get right back to it, not tomorrow or after the weekend do it NOW! You are worth the fight you know this! Sorry if that was nasty or anything but I think it had to be said. You have both got this, you have been doing it so carry on! Xx

Sorry but I just feel so sad about current affairs for the both of you, you have inspired so many people, we all know you can do it! Don't make space for the negativity, it makes you make space for junk masquerading as food! Look back at your pictures it's not so much about the weight it's the growing smiles on your wee faces! Come on!!! You can do it!!! Xx

Sorry but I just feel so sad about current affairs for the both of you, you have inspired so many people, we all know you can do it! Don't make space for the negativity, it makes you make space for junk masquerading as food! Look back at your pictures it's not so much about the weight it's the growing smiles on your wee faces! Come on!!! You can do it!!! Xx

Didn't mean to be so negative, some days are harder than others on this diet!! For me it's more that during the week I am so dedicated but as soon as the weekend hits I struggle. It's as if I am following something more like the 5-2 diet in reverse rather than the diet I AM MEANT to be following. I haven't managed to find the balance I had before and it's frustrating, some days even demoralizing! I think you can tell when I have a weekend/post weekend post vs. a middle week post. Like this week....naughty weekend but we are doing LOTS of exercise this week to make up for it. I guess I don't want to be advocating my behaviour to anyone else but at the same time seeking solace with others who are struggling as well.

So Danniella is right: WE CAN DO THIS!!! I know we can have a great week until Friday at least and then we have to deal with it one meal at a time. Why don't we post pictures of each of our meals on here for the judgement of others? Might help us stay on track!

Hi,

So, I'm not sure a kick up the ass is really what I need, my problems are more stress and emotionally related, I just need to develop new coping mechanisms, I'm working on this with my counsellor, and doing a lot of reading on the subject, this will hopefully put me in a better place, but we can't have an overnight miracle.

I have been on plan for quite a few days now (i'm not counting), and am finding the key is that i have banned the scales, they just weren't working for me, and the last time I actually weighed myself was 27 January, it is both scary and liberating not having a clue how much I weigh, apart from holidays this is the longest I've not stepped on them probably in the last 10 years!

I don't know if things are going well, I am putting my trust in the plan, and will let you know how that panned out on 28th feb when I weigh myself.

hows everyone else getting on?

x

OMG that's courageous! No scales.

I'm an addict. So much so that when we moved house and had to live out of suitcases for a week before our things arrived I packed my scales in one of the suitcases. Now that's sad!:)

I like your introspective mood, the ups and downs, it's about the struggle. I disagree with someone above in fact, how great you will feel once you reach goal is incredibly irrelevant as compared to learning how to deal with your issues and ensure you're armed for this fight long term! Good job!

Hi Ria,

I haven't posted in ages but felt I should add a different (and probably very unpopular!) viewpoint. Part of your struggle might in itself be the plan... There's been loads of research on what severely restrictive diets, 1000cals or less, do to the brain. They almost re-wire the brain to constantly think about food and where the next bit is coming from. People start to obsess about food, hoard food, watch and write endless recipes...

With the struggles you're having this diet plan might just be fueling the fire you are trying to put out... Maybe it's time to consider a varied but balanced calorie controlled diet, something you plan, with the use of myfitnesspal or something? Not only will it help with the mental struggle, it'll set you up for life...? Essentially, the weight loss is about the numbers, doesn't matter where the numbers come from. And you can plan in the things you like- 'treats'. Cutting anything out of your diet will make you crave it more, if you know you'll get some at X time you'll wait and eat in moderation, not eat it all as you feel like you might never eat that thing again- you know you'll be able to have a little more at time Y...

Hope you don't mind my saying this... Not sure anyone else would think of it that way... And thought I'd share a different perspective...

Love illy x

That was to a degree what I meant as well. Although that depends on what you have to lose. Are you still at BMI 25 as your profile says? Thing is varied diet at 1000 calories doesn't exist and is dangerous outside of carefully formulated protein shakes. 1200-1300 is likely a hard limit where we can still formulate the right balance of nutrients and even then the options would be of 2-3 meals and your weight loss very slow. But yes, it would set you off for life. I've lost with Cambridge and I've lost with low carb and I've lost with pure calorie counting and endless hours on the treadmill. None is "better" - they each have their own downfalls and no matter what you choose you'll struggle because this stuff is not easy, you're doing great though understanding and tackling how this is in your head and as long as you keep thinking about it, you'll be ok!

OMG that's courageous! No scales.

I'm an addict. So much so that when we moved house and had to live out of suitcases for a week before our things arrived I packed my scales in one of the suitcases. Now that's sad!:)

I like your introspective mood, the ups and downs, it's about the struggle. I disagree with someone above in fact, how great you will feel once you reach goal is incredibly irrelevant as compared to learning how to deal with your issues and ensure you're armed for this fight long term! Good job!

Thanks hun. To be honest I know if I were still weighing daily this is exactly the point I begin to plateau and the motivation switches to demotivation, this way I can carry on oblivious!

Hi Ria,

I haven't posted in ages but felt I should add a different (and probably very unpopular!) viewpoint. Part of your struggle might in itself be the plan... There's been loads of research on what severely restrictive diets, 1000cals or less, do to the brain. They almost re-wire the brain to constantly think about food and where the next bit is coming from. People start to obsess about food, hoard food, watch and write endless recipes...

With the struggles you're having this diet plan might just be fueling the fire you are trying to put out... Maybe it's time to consider a varied but balanced calorie controlled diet, something you plan, with the use of myfitnesspal or something? Not only will it help with the mental struggle, it'll set you up for life...? Essentially, the weight loss is about the numbers, doesn't matter where the numbers come from. And you can plan in the things you like- 'treats'. Cutting anything out of your diet will make you crave it more, if you know you'll get some at X time you'll wait and eat in moderation, not eat it all as you feel like you might never eat that thing again- you know you'll be able to have a little more at time Y...

Hope you don't mind my saying this... Not sure anyone else would think of it that way... And thought I'd share a different perspective...

Love illy x

I don't mind hun, I get where you're coming from, I've been doing ok the last week and have been tweaking the plan to suit my needs, for example adding in an afternoon cappuccino has done wonders for my afternoon snaking need, bars and shakes weren't hitting the spot but that really does!

I've been reading a book that's in a similar vain, It's actually about a way of eating where you do allow your forbidden foods daily, and you savour and enjoy them, and never feel guilty for them, the guy says that it only takes about 2 weeks for your mind to adjust to the fact That they are no longer a big deal and so there's no longer a feast or famine habit. He calls these high sacrifice foods, food you would feel like you were missing out if you could never have them again, the the key is to really reduce the low sacrifice foods - the ones you could actually live without... One for me would be chips for example.

I'm quite happy where I am for now in step 2, I will most likely reassess on 28th (personal weigh in) or If that feeling changes, I'm not feeling particularly hungry, and this is great in respect that I am clearly recognising the times I want to eat through emotion or boredom. I am in ketosis so am being a bit careful, I recognise that this is the last step i can be in ketosis in, so when I do begin to increase calories and come out of ketosis I will be a little more flexible and allow the odd treat to try an learn it's ok! let's just call the next few weeks the last sprint before I start to amble across the finish line!

I'm not obsessing at the moment but can recognise, I have in the past spent hours pinning recipes, baking, and yes, even hoarding food, glad I'm not in that place right now!

That was to a degree what I meant as well. Although that depends on what you have to lose. Are you still at BMI 25 as your profile says? Thing is varied diet at 1000 calories doesn't exist and is dangerous outside of carefully formulated protein shakes. 1200-1300 is likely a hard limit where we can still formulate the right balance of nutrients and even then the options would be of 2-3 meals and your weight loss very slow. But yes, it would set you off for life. I've lost with Cambridge and I've lost with low carb and I've lost with pure calorie counting and endless hours on the treadmill. None is "better" - they each have their own downfalls and no matter what you choose you'll struggle because this stuff is not easy, you're doing great though understanding and tackling how this is in your head and as long as you keep thinking about it, you'll be ok!

Not sure due to lack of weighing but going on my most recent weight I am just in the overweight category.

I plan to go through the steps, I do think their fiddly and over complicated but wish to do it as a learning curve but also if I do continue with my original plan to become a cwpc I want to be able to speak from experience.

Let's see what the coming weeks bring, I'm really not that far from goal if I do this properly for a few weeks!

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Afternoon all,

Thought I'd just check in.

Nothing much going on here, have just had my yog/shake combo for lunch, I had a shake for breakfast - Ideally i would have had the yog for breakky and stir fry for lunch - much like this book I am reading advises (biggest meal lunch, next biggest breakky, smallest dinner, ideally lunch and breakky would be switched but they understand the logistics dont work that well) but I can't always stomach the thought of yogurt first thing as it is quite a lot to get down and when I do manage in the mornings I do struggle a bit. I can work on that one though, I'm sure it will be less relevant when I move up the steps anyhow.

Weird as I would usually weigh today, even weirder that I didn't weigh when I re-started so don't even know where I am coming from, It's all about the destination! really hoping to be really near to 10st by the time i weigh next, might be optimistic, but would totally make my month!! Then I will re-make that promise NEVER to go over 10st again, and get to my 1/2 stone (maybe more buffer) to ensure that never happens!

x

Just had my dinner... Chicken stir fried with pak choi, broccoli, garlic and spring onion. It's very tasty... But I do ways find chicken tastes best the second time its cooked, I think that's why I like chicken fried rice from the take away too!
Spent some time after work creating step 3 menus, because I find step 3 ridiculously over complicated! And the lettuce for lunch thing makes me mad. So have spent time shuffling the allowances around to something that better suits my tastes and my lifestyle, organisation is key when the time comes... That's why I have started now!

Dare not look at step 4 yet as from memory it's even more compliqué!

How's everyone today?

X

Just had my dinner... Chicken stir fried with pak choi, broccoli, garlic and spring onion. It's very tasty... But I do ways find chicken tastes best the second time its cooked, I think that's why I like chicken fried rice from the take away too! Spent some time after work creating step 3 menus, because I find step 3 ridiculously over complicated! And the lettuce for lunch thing makes me mad. So have spent time shuffling the allowances around to something that better suits my tastes and my lifestyle, organisation is key when the time comes... That's why I have started now! Dare not look at step 4 yet as from memory it's even more compliqué! How's everyone today? X

Thanks Ria now I want chicken fried rice lol

Dinner sounds yum!

Glad ur getting prepared on the step 3 front :) failing to prepare is preparing to fail lol or so they say!

The lettuce thing baffles me too like what is the point?

I'm excited to hear all about ur journey moving up the steps! Makes me excited about one day doing it myself and not living on shakes forever!

Xxxxx

Thanks Ria now I want chicken fried rice lol

Dinner sounds yum!

Glad ur getting prepared on the step 3 front :) failing to prepare is preparing to fail lol or so they say!

The lettuce thing baffles me too like what is the point?

I'm excited to hear all about ur journey moving up the steps! Makes me excited about one day doing it myself and not living on shakes forever!

Xxxxx

ME too though, every time I have it im like hmmmm.. This would be nice with rice lol.

X

Saw my cwpc tonight and had a pleasing result on his scales, he weighs in kg which means bugger all to me though so trying to avoid translating it in my head as I simply do not want to know.

Just need to keep at it! Let disorganisation fail me today and ended up with s&s spicy spaghetti mixed with the last of my chicken for dinner.... It was OK but I would have appreciated some veg (which I'm out of!) then tomorrow is worse as I'm now out of Yogurt so will be a shake with milk instead, then a mainly shake day altogether, and a promise to get my butt down the supermarket ro restock, as all I have left now is 2 sad looking spring onions! Back to organisation by Thursday i promise, and most likely back to my stir frys!

X

Hello!

I've been off plan 2 days, wasn't planned but last minute my other half ship came in half a day early so we got to see each other Friday night and all day Saturday... Actually that's no reason for Friday but I was baking him Valentines biscuits Thursday night and had enough licks to knock me out of ketosis, but Saturday had a lovely day, had breakfast and lunch on the ship and actually found by eating proper meals I wasn't tempted to fill my face with rubbish otherwise! Back on it today and feeling in control.

Was a lovely surprise to see my valentine and am feeling on top of the world for the time we spent together!

2 weeks now until my birthday and im off plan again, a lot of progress can be made in a couple of weeks, still not gone near the scales since end of jan and its the best thing I ever did as I'm not spending my time beating myself up if they aren't what I want, something that has on to many times sent me off of the rails!

Hope Everyone is doing well

Xx

Wow it has got quiet here!

All is well here although not quite been step two as I've either not been hungry or not organised enough! It's more step 1.5 again.... Step 1 + dairy!

Hoping my days off don't have too much impact on my weigh in, I feel like it will be okay though.

Just under 2 weeks until weigh in! X

Hey sounds like you are doing well :)

Pleased to hear you got to see your other half on Valentine's... These situations always seem to pop up to try and knock us of course!

I find the less you have to lose the harder it becomes, but stick with it as you're heading in the right direction!

Good idea not to weigh so often, we often get too caught up on the numbers!

Back