Time to get serious!

are there a considerable less number of calories in an atkins bar compared to a nutri-grain or brunch bar for example?

I have no idea as I have never had that sorta thing, but this is how the atkins compares to the Cambridge choc mint...

Atkins choc decadence 60g:
220kcals
11g fat
2g carbs
17g protein

Cambridge choc mint 50g:
174kcals
5.8g fat
15.1g carbs
12.4g protein

So actually if I had had it as a meal I would have been happy, but it's just naughty I had it extra!

hmm might get it for my kindle.
my dad is a health freak and that's what he says. you're better off with healthy fats (i.e. avocados, oily fish, olive oil, nuts) rather than carb-laden foods i.e. pasta, rice, potates, bread etc.

I really recommend it, I'm only about 20% through but am so into it, reading it most nights instead of sleep!

Sounds like he's got it right!

It's finally happened....6 months to the day from starting Cambridge I've had my first proper slip up! As you know I have been off plan a couple of times but its always been pre-meditated.

It's I mentioned earlier I was feeling poo, just completely knackered so had a sleep then had a slim and save bar as a boost. Then I had half an atkins bar - not ideal but not a disaster!

Then, I had 1, which turned into 5 ferrero raffelo things, and then a teasers bar, then some Milky Way crispy rolls, then some foamy mushrooms!

I won't be having that teasers bar again, yuk, cheap nasty chocolate!! I still finished it though! Reminded myself if/when I eat choc again ill stick to premium!

I'm gonna be honest and say I don't feel bad, I haven't lost my motivation, I know I can just pick up and be back on track again so it's no big deal. I've been through ups and downs and stuck to plan, this wasn't even an emotional thing, I just did it, I guess I just needed some sorta boost - and after the sugar I do actually feel better! I do however know it's not the right thing to do.

In the name of honesty I wanted to tell you guys!

Ill be back on it in the morning, I might do SS or SS+ a few days simply cos I find it easier. I don't need the lectures about it not being right at this BMI, plenty I people do it and its no worse than doing 5:2 as I doubt ill do it more than 2 days (If I even do it at all!) anyway!

But wow, 6 months - I only just realised its my Cambridge anniversary!

So anyways, I'm ok, I'm not upset or anything, it's all good, and back on the shakes tomorrow (and a swim me thinks).

It's finally happened....6 months to the day from starting Cambridge I've had my first proper slip up! As you know I have been off plan a couple of times but its always been pre-meditated.

It's I mentioned earlier I was feeling poo, just completely knackered so had a sleep then had a slim and save bar as a boost. Then I had half an atkins bar - not ideal but not a disaster!

Then, I had 1, which turned into 5 ferrero raffelo things, and then a teasers bar, then some Milky Way crispy rolls, then some foamy mushrooms!

I won't be having that teasers bar again, yuk, cheap nasty chocolate!! I still finished it though! Reminded myself if/when I eat choc again ill stick to premium!

I'm gonna be honest and say I don't feel bad, I haven't lost my motivation, I know I can just pick up and be back on track again so it's no big deal. I've been through ups and downs and stuck to plan, this wasn't even an emotional thing, I just did it, I guess I just needed some sorta boost - and after the sugar I do actually feel better! I do however know it's not the right thing to do.

In the name of honesty I wanted to tell you guys!

Ill be back on it in the morning, I might do SS or SS+ a few days simply cos I find it easier. I don't need the lectures about it not being right at this BMI, plenty I people do it and its no worse than doing 5:2 as I doubt ill do it more than 2 days (If I even do it at all!) anyway!

But wow, 6 months - I only just realised its my Cambridge anniversary!

So anyways, I'm ok, I'm not upset or anything, it's all good, and back on the shakes tomorrow (and a swim me thinks).

Not to worry ria. It happens to the best of us hun. Feeling pretty rocky myself lately too. Think I may just have an extra product when I get home as its better than the pizza that I'm dying for.

No lectures- do wat you feel you need to do just don't be fearing food either because you can't stay on such low calories in fear of gaining weight because the journey is teaching ourselves to eat properly. I know you can move past this.

I'm glad ur not beating yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day!

Big luv and hugs. Hope you are feeling better

Xxx

Not to worry ria. It happens to the best of us hun. Feeling pretty rocky myself lately too. Think I may just have an extra product when I get home as its better than the pizza that I'm dying for.

No lectures- do wat you feel you need to do just don't be fearing food either because you can't stay on such low calories in fear of gaining weight because the journey is teaching ourselves to eat properly. I know you can move past this.

I'm glad ur not beating yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day!

Big luv and hugs. Hope you are feeling better

Xxx

Thanks hun!

I did have more after I posted, I ate until I had had enough, got it out of my system. Most I it was crap, most of which I didn't enjoy, but I did it until I no longer wanted to, and now I'm done!

I'm not worried at all about it, in all fairness I used to have that sorta amount snack wise quite regularly at one point - I didn't worry about instant weight gain then - it's all much more gradual then we believe! Sure it could affect my loss this week - it's bound to when I'm only just managing 1lb a week- there's not really room for error!

Ill just have what i feel I need today... Just having my first shake in the garden on ice, then ill eat whatever I feel I need the rest of the day (on plan of course!)

Still feeling massively tired, not sure I'm up to swimming today, but will see how things go, feel like I've had all the life sapped out of me! Don't know if it could be anything to do with the antibiotics, I forgot one last night actually (oops) I'm half way through them now and as predicted - no change :-(

Still feeling a bit low too, no idea what's wrong with me.

Gonna go into town later, ted baker handbags and purses are on price match at John Lewis, means ill get 20% off then 25% off of that - I already have a purse but its the large size so I wanna get the small version as my large one doesn't fit in half my bags! Then I've seen a gorgeous pink clutch. Shopping makes everything better.

Thanks hun!

I did have more after I posted, I ate until I had had enough, got it out of my system. Most I it was crap, most of which I didn't enjoy, but I did it until I no longer wanted to, and now I'm done!

I'm not worried at all about it, in all fairness I used to have that sorta amount snack wise quite regularly at one point - I didn't worry about instant weight gain then - it's all much more gradual then we believe! Sure it could affect my loss this week - it's bound to when I'm only just managing 1lb a week- there's not really room for error!

Ill just have what i feel I need today... Just having my first shake in the garden on ice, then ill eat whatever I feel I need the rest of the day (on plan of course!)

Still feeling massively tired, not sure I'm up to swimming today, but will see how things go, feel like I've had all the life sapped out of me! Don't know if it could be anything to do with the antibiotics, I forgot one last night actually (oops) I'm half way through them now and as predicted - no change :-(

Still feeling a bit low too, no idea what's wrong with me.

Gonna go into town later, ted baker handbags and purses are on price match at John Lewis, means ill get 20% off then 25% off of that - I already have a purse but its the large size so I wanna get the small version as my large one doesn't fit in half my bags! Then I've seen a gorgeous pink clutch. Shopping makes everything better.

Like you say it's out of your system!

Just go with the flow if you don't feel like doing something then don't worry about it. It wil all settle down once you get bk in routine.

Enjoy shopping :D xxx

Hello :)

I'm new to CWP, due to meet my consultant tomorrow for the first time! But I've been reading your diary and wow! What an achievement! You're diary makes great reading, and such inspiration! It inspired me to start my own diary (which I did yesterday after starting to read yours).

Also, I think I have the same maxi dress as you!! Is yours the feather print one from new look?? Sold out in mostly all sizes? I ran the race for life today and that was my after race BBQ dress!

Illy x

Last edited:
Like you say it's out of your system!

Just go with the flow if you don't feel like doing something then don't worry about it. It wil all settle down once you get bk in routine.

Enjoy shopping :D xxx

Oh I enjoyed shopping..... Little oops, well, big oops, not even gonna think about how much I spent, I'm better of not knowing until I look at my statement in a few weeks... Eek!

X

Hello :)

I'm new to CWP, due to meet my consultant tomorrow for the first time! But I've been reading your diary and wow! What an achievement! You're diary makes great reading, and such inspiration! It inspired me to start my own diary (which I did yesterday after starting to read yours).

Also, I think I have the same maxi dress as you!! Is yours the feather print one from new look?? Sold out in mostly all sizes? I ran the race for life today and that was my after race BBQ dress!

Illy x

Hi illy!

Curious about your username... IllyRIA! See Ria is a supercool name and everything!!

I'm glad you're enjoying, I quite enjoy blabbering on ya see, and it's even nicer of people are actually reading! Ill check yours out in a minute!

I think you do! You probably saw that when I ordered it it was only available in an 8 so I took a punt, too nice to miss out on! I can't wait to wear it!

That's awesome you did race for life, lovely day for It too!

Ria

X

Oh I enjoyed shopping..... Little oops, well, big oops, not even gonna think about how much I spent, I'm better of not knowing until I look at my statement in a few weeks... Eek!

X

Lol you are so funny! Avoid the statement and enjoy the purchases haha I wanna see what you got! X

Lol you are so funny! Avoid the statement and enjoy the purchases haha I wanna see what you got! X

Maybe I will do pics later, but I got the following...

Primark boob tubes - black, pink, yellow and blue! A belt, lots of pants (you kinda don't realise they get too big too, threw a whole carrier bag full away this morning! Replenished at primark £1 a pair lol.

Guerlain bronzer and brush - v indulgent and naughty but was 20% off before I used my discount- that's my excuse! And it was new out this weekend so I feel like I got it first!

2 pairs of blingy flip flops and some pumps from accessorize, I did try primark first but had no luck!

And a new ted baker purse, my current one is too big and doesn't fit in my bag so got a smaller one, also 20% off before my 25%, still expensive but ill have it for years... It's an investment!!

Then prob gonna order a ted baker clutch bag online that they didn't have in store.... Thank I god I sold enough on eBay This week!!

So yeah.... A bit naughty!

Maybe I will do pics later, but I got the following...

Primark boob tubes - black, pink, yellow and blue! A belt, lots of pants (you kinda don't realise they get too big too, threw a whole carrier bag full away this morning! Replenished at primark £1 a pair lol.

Guerlain bronzer and brush - v indulgent and naughty but was 20% off before I used my discount- that's my excuse! And it was new out this weekend so I feel like I got it first!

2 pairs of blingy flip flops and some pumps from accessorize, I did try primark first but had no luck!

And a new ted baker purse, my current one is too big and doesn't fit in my bag so got a smaller one, also 20% off before my 25%, still expensive but ill have it for years... It's an investment!!

Then prob gonna order a ted baker clutch bag online that they didn't have in store.... Thank I god I sold enough on eBay This week!!

So yeah.... A bit naughty!

Ur making me way too excited to buy all my holiday stuff now!!!

You were naughty madam but who cares lol we all need a splurge now and then :)

Xxx

Haha, illyRIA- too wierd! Also wierd that I have that bronzer! And the exact same dress, also in an 8 (I'm a 10/12 now but no 10s so thank you Lycra stretch)! It's a gorgeous dress, got lots of compliments which you definitely will too. Are you saving it for the holiday?

Splurging on clothes is better than splurging on food I say! And you can always make more money (to spend on nice clothes/shoes/bags/makeup!) ;) x

Last edited:
Ria what were your losses like the week of step 2 on your 12th week? Did you do it?

Also how long do you boil your eggs to make them runny? Because I usually make hard boiled eggs.

Sorry for the questions I'm gettin a little excited about my step 2 week ahhhh :)

Xxx

Back