Time to get serious!

When i first *first* started (healthy eating to lose weight) about 2yrs back i was 14st and a size 16. Body shapes are so weird! my mum weighs less than me and is only slightly shorter at 5ft4 but is a size 16 now... I do a lot of exercise, running etc which may be part of it, and lay down fat quite equally.

I'm sure some people would be happy to stop at my size but some of my size 10s are a little snug (but 12 too lose ) and i want to be more trim, less wobble! I've got 2stone to lose, or just under. I'll post some pics when I can on my diary (I don't think I'm allowed yet?) also, I'm Indian by birth but grew up in the UK so will put one up of me in my sari- I noticed you do a lot of Indian cooking (a girl after my own heart) and have an Indian boyfriend! You'd look gorgeous in a sari! If you get one, I'll teach you how to wear it!!

Bet it feels fab to tick off all those points on your motivation list :) well done hon! x

That' so awesome you already have the exercise thing in the bag! I hate it, and really struggle but I certainly want to try and do more now to tone the wobbly bits!

I got a little over excited about you being Indian! indeed, I would live on Indian food sometimes (I guess one day I most likely will) the only thing I struggle with is breakfast - I got ill half way through a trip last year I'm not even sure I could look at sambar and idli that time in the morning ever again!!

I have a sari which I bought in India, though thinking about it now, I'm not sure it wil lever get worn - its proper blingy and since I don't know any Indian people in this country (hense my earlier excitement!) I wont have an occasion to wear it here, and it weighs over 1kg so there is no way it'll be going in my luggaqe when I visit! Then last year I ordered one online made to measure - more of an everyday one, it was a black friday impulse buy, but i have since done cambridge so all that custom stitching didn't fit me now, so i ebayed that one! i did take a photo though (I have no idea if it was wrapped anywhere near correct!) ill post in a sec....

image-1799057608.jpg

Haha, yeah idli sambar on a dicky tummy is not good! It's not something that's nice second time round!

pretty sari. How about when I get married I invite you and you can wear it then! :p It's lovely though, and looks wrapped about right (my mum says its all in the pleats, getting them right and lining them up properly).

Exercise is something I used to hate too, I never thought I'd ever be a runner! Then something just clicks and it becomes a joy... Having the right music helps. If you swim a lot maybe try getting a waterproof mp3. Google aquabeat, that's what I've got. It's not too expensive and you can wear it in the water and swim!

so is your holiday to India?

Haha, yeah idli sambar on a dicky tummy is not good! It's not something that's nice second time round!

pretty sari. How about when I get married I invite you and you can wear it then! :p It's lovely though, and looks wrapped about right (my mum says its all in the pleats, getting them right and lining them up properly).

Exercise is something I used to hate too, I never thought I'd ever be a runner! Then something just clicks and it becomes a joy... Having the right music helps. If you swim a lot maybe try getting a waterproof mp3. Google aquabeat, that's what I've got. It's not too expensive and you can wear it in the water and swim!

bleughhh! Maybe I just need to eat it again to remind myself it's not as bad as I think!

I'll hold you to that! I'd really like to attend an Indian wedding before I have my own! There's not one planned yet, but I have refused Rana's proposal many times over the past year, when it happens properly I'll say yes! Are you engaged?

No, holiday is to the med this time, then Rana takes leave in August to go home so will probably visit September/October, Originally I had October in mind but he suggested I go September for Ganesh chaturthi, but it all depends on work and stuff! Gonna meet his family for the first time.... scary stuff since we've already been together 2 years - they keep asking when the wedding is!! Unfortunately didn't get to his parents house last year since his dad wasn't happy for me to take the internal flight on my first visit :-(.

Major headache! :-( ketosis probably... my own fault!!

how r u?

x

Ketosis is a good thing tho. At least your getting back in. I'm good. Just having my chocolate yoghurt and omg!! It is hard to eat! Had two mouthfuls and I feel full lol

This will be a long week.

U at home or at the office today? Xx

Ketosis is a good thing tho. At least your getting back in. I'm good. Just having my chocolate yoghurt and omg!! It is hard to eat! Had two mouthfuls and I feel full lol

This will be a long week.

U at home or at the office today? Xx

Yeah, I'm lucky as it only takes me 1-2 days!

It's lush isn't it!!

In the office wrapped in a fleece freezing under this bloody air vent! Grr. They can't possibly let is be warm!

X

Yeah, I'm lucky as it only takes me 1-2 days!

It's lush isn't it!!

In the office wrapped in a fleece freezing under this bloody air vent! Grr. They can't possibly let is be warm!

X

Lol did they never email you back when you complained about it?

It's nice but I'm still not even half way through lol

Hopefully the ketosis headache passes soon :) xx

Lol did they never email you back when you complained about it?

It's nice but I'm still not even half way through lol

Hopefully the ketosis headache passes soon :) xx

They said they had actioned it, I did manage a few days without a jumper so they did something - but now the sun is shining they must feel it appropriate to keep us refigrated!

Haha, I was like that too, it gets easier!

Oh I hope so too.... Too much to get done :-(

X

They said they had actioned it, I did manage a few days without a jumper so they did something - but now the sun is shining they must feel it appropriate to keep us refigrated!

Haha, I was like that too, it gets easier!

Oh I hope so too.... Too much to get done :-(

X

Get easier! I hope so lol but bk to ss next week I don't wanna get used to it too much lol

Oh yea I would email them again. Just say put it off and keep it off or else!! Lol

Xxx

hey hey
im candice, one of ria's stalkers lol
i love to swim as well and the fact that I can't listen to music has always annoyed me but aquabeat sounds amazing. which model do you have??
xx

I'm not sure which aquabeat I've got, I'll fish it out of my gym back and look :) and then post it

did you put that sari on today hon after my post? That's so cute if you did!

His family will love you! I'm not engaged but kinda seeing someone. Holiday sounds lush! Am so jealous! I have nothing planned yet x

I'm not sure which aquabeat I've got, I'll fish it out of my gym back and look :) and then post it

did you put that sari on today hon after my post? That's so cute if you did!

His family will love you! I'm not engaged but kinda seeing someone. Holiday sounds lush! Am so jealous! I have nothing planned yet x

Nah, that's the one I sold, took that photo last dec to show Rana. Such a shame as I did love it! I can barely lift the one I kept, let alone wrap it!

Thanks hun, I'm quite lucky their willing to accept a British gori into their home where most wouldn't so I guess I'm half way there already!

I hate life without a holiday on the horizon! Since I left my ex I've been going away 2-3 times a year, I won't be able to afford that much longer but at least I've got to see a fair bit of the world this past 2 years!

X

Back