Time to get serious!

Dear diary,

Today, is d-day. Yesterday I weighed in at 11st12.4. I managed 3 products but ate in the evening - a downfall of not fully committing to a day - in the back of my mind it was always today. So here I am, official day 1.

Weigh in this morning wasn't quite so bad (well, compared to yesterday at least) at 11st10.2 - still not fab though as it wasn't that long ago I was gutted id hit the 11s and I'm sure I promised myself I'd never go over the 10s again! Hey ho, it is what it is.

And I'll tell you now exactly where I went wrong- I was "in between" as in a wasn't fully committed to plan or fully committed to being off plan - this meant that the last 6(!) months I have been "trying" (I use commas there as It's not a full truth) and therefore when it came to food the only sort of food available in the house was long life, full of crap, whatever I can grab food - not the healthy, wholesome, nutritious food I love - no, because I never bought that because it would go off or out Of date because tomorrow/the day after I was always "trying" to go back on plan then, and I hate waste!

Now if I'd just admitted to myself I couldn't be on plan for a while, and planned and cooked - lived on curry even (which contrary to popular belief CAN be healthy) Im sure I wouldn't have gotten to where I am. - food for thought eh, so if anything this has to be a promise to myself never to be "in between" again!

Anywho, just had my first shake - wasn't actually hungry yet as my poor bod is still processing the last few days crap no doubt, but have chugged 2 pints of water and fancied something different! Hopefully means I won't be requiring more than 3 packs today - that'll be a nice detox for me :)

So let's do this. And see target this time ok!

X

The drinking game... Every time I get that "I'm hungry, what can I eat?" Feeling/thought I am having a pint of water - that's 6 pints so far today, funny how often that happens - and today had been a mega busy day, in the aim of distraction I have done 5 loads of washing, I have done all my ironing (apart from the stuff drying), tidied my room, the kitchen, steam cleaned my bathroom, changed my bed linen, bleached my facial hair (ya know, just in case), recycled my paperwork.... Eek, what will I do with myself tomorrow?! Oh and not to mention the frequent trips to the loo lol

I wanna be back in this dress (pic from June, approximately 10stone) as soon as the weather permits it....no excuses

image-3261153045.jpg

Favourite pic ever, how on earth did I let that go?!

Doesn't matter how you let that go..... What matters is that you're getting it back! Gorgeous!! And I so want to be slim enough for exactly that type of tubey maxi dress.... Summer, here we come!

And send in the application anyway. I know it's over the deadline, but you may be exactly what they're looking for, and it's not too late with all the email and post backlog from the bank holiday. Do it. You have to be in it to win it (yes, that's the lottery slogan but it works in this context :D)

Carpe diem, Diamond. And well done on a good day xx

Doesn't matter how you let that go..... What matters is that you're getting it back! Gorgeous!! And I so want to be slim enough for exactly that type of tubey maxi dress.... Summer, here we come! And send in the application anyway. I know it's over the deadline, but you may be exactly what they're looking for, and it's not too late with all the email and post backlog from the bank holiday. Do it. You have to be in it to win it (yes, that's the lottery slogan but it works in this context :D) Carpe diem, Diamond. And well done on a good day xx

Summer here we come indeed... I loved that one so much I bought 3 more in the post-summer sales so gotta wear them!

I did - I couldn't let it go without knowing I had tried, they have a crappy online application process so couldn't send a form, but they will be opening a frenzied email send early Christmas Day from me at some point (unfortunately with a title full of typos as I was in one!) but sent a cv in the post on 26th so hoping that will be sat on someone's desk waiting for them on Monday - I've really jazzed up my CV so if they have a physical copy I'm sure it will get read... And then if they don't want me, fine. I get so excited about job opportunities and proper bummed when I get rejected, not had an interview since my current job 4 years ago. But like I say, by CV should get me noticed now fingers crossed, 2014 will be tr year of change.

Haha, in it to win it ....talking of lotto I must have bought about 6 tickets for last nights draw.... No email telling me I have own yet though :-(

Hey ho.... So a day on plan in the bag.... Dreamt I messed up last night, since I'm so used to doing that lol. Woke up today with the usual headache and dry mouth - ridiculous considering the amount I drink. Ketosis usually hits me the morning of day 2, so an even worse head and dryer mouth to look forward to tomorrow!

No doubt I shall be here a lot today as this becomes quite a crutch for me :)

Gosh, I'm jealous! It takes me 4 solid days to pee pink (on the stick.... You know what I mean ;))

Oi! You're not being rejected! I tell myself there are roughly 5.2 million other reccession-ites going for the same job and the person that gets it probably has 8 starving toddlers to feed lol - works for me! :D I'm so pleased you took a punt x

This becomes a crutch for me too! It keeps me sane and motivated..... Speaking of: I don't know when your weigh in is, but stay away from those evil scales for at least a week.... Trust me on this. I know of what I speak :eek::rolleyes:

Like you day 1 is in the bag, here's to day 2! x

Gosh, I'm jealous! It takes me 4 solid days to pee pink (on the stick.... You know what I mean ;)) Oi! You're not being rejected! I tell myself there are roughly 5.2 million other reccession-ites going for the same job and the person that gets it probably has 8 starving toddlers to feed lol - works for me! :D I'm so pleased you took a punt x This becomes a crutch for me too! It keeps me sane and motivated..... Speaking of: I don't know when your weigh in is, but stay away from those evil scales for at least a week.... Trust me on this. I know of what I speak :eek::rolleyes: Like you day 1 is in the bag, here's to day 2! x
I have no Idea why tho as it's always a carb fest pre-plan, guess I'm just lucky, or it could be the copious amount of water! Ah true, I'm lucky to have a reasonably well paying job (if it weren't for the paying half my wages out to actually commute there) in a very good company, probably a lot of others dream job, I just wanna be closer to home and gain some free time to have a life, if all fails I'm sure in the coming years I'll be pregnant and enjoying a decent maternity package at my current job lol. I have no idea when weigh in is either lol, used to always be a mon on my scales as my CWPC appointments vary, but then I went and started on a Saturday, let's call it Saturday I guess. Already on it... I'm allowed to weigh as much as I want on week 1 as it serves as great motivation, then scales are banned thereafter as the opposite effect occurs! Day one? Did you take a little break? X

Last edited:
Hi Crazy Diamond I have just been reading your posts. I am new to Cambridge and just booked my first meet with consultant on 2nd Jan..... Had a fun, food filled Christmas and I'm determined to make 2014 the year I find the real me. It will be hard along the way but I am hoping the fact I'm going to be paying out lots of money for Cambridge it will keep me focused.... I guess I need to be weaning myself of tea from now and on to water.... Any advise on nice/acceptable shakes/soups? Thank you:)

Hi Crazy Diamond I have just been reading your posts. I am new to Cambridge and just booked my first meet with consultant on 2nd Jan..... Had a fun, food filled Christmas and I'm determined to make 2014 the year I find the real me. It will be hard along the way but I am hoping the fact I'm going to be paying out lots of money for Cambridge it will keep me focused.... I guess I need to be weaning myself of tea from now and on to water.... Any advise on nice/acceptable shakes/soups? Thank you:)

Hi Hun, you could still do tea, I used to have weak black tea which isn't surprisingly different from tea with milk, or failing that, if it's something that'll keep you going, a splash of skimmed milk here and there won't do any harm.

When I started I got one of each and tried them all, I used to religiously have porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch then a shake/mousse for dinner, but you will find your tastes change (sometimes daily) for example I LOVED oriental soup (I think that's what it's called) then one day it made me wanna vomit just the smell of it, I've come to a point now where I only have chocolate Cambridge shakes (sachets) they're like my default - I feel like I'm missing out if I have something else which is kinda silly! I tried the rice pudding recently which is nice if I feel like something warm.

So I'd just recommend trying a bit of everything to start off with, your CWPC will be happy to exchange anything you don't want.

If you're struggling with enthusiasm for water id recommend the water flavourings. I originally refused to try them as id always drank a lot of plain water anyway so couldn't see a reason to add flavour now, but it does make it easier to drink when you don't feel like it, I'm currently favouring orange flavour.

Exciting times head for you, last jan 1st was the beginning of something awesome for me, I just messed up 6months later, but I'm gonna finish the job this time xx

Day one? Did you take a little break?*

Long story :break_diet: suffice to say I was due to restart on the 27th (I took Christmas and Boxing day off plan), but restarted on the 28th instead - beware of ex-husbands with a long history of diet Sabotage bearing 'gifts' of a "finger lickin'" kind. B@st@rd. Him, not you :D. Anyway. Totally my own fault as I walked straight into the ambush and should have known better, but here I am - day 2 SS and reporting for duty lol;) xx

Long story :break_diet: suffice to say I was due to restart on the 27th (I took Christmas and Boxing day off plan), but restarted on the 28th instead - beware of ex-husbands with a long history of diet Sabotage bearing 'gifts' of a "finger lickin'" kind. B@st@rd. Him, not you :D. Anyway. Totally my own fault as I walked straight into the ambush and should have known better, but here I am - day 2 SS and reporting for duty lol;) xx

Ah what's an extra day in the scheme of things, you're back on it and that's what counts, I've had a couple of very successful breaks and gotten straight back on it on the past, and as long as you do, it's all good! X

Hi Ria

Been keeping up to date with ur posts. In same boat as u only I've got a bigger gain! I'm starting on jan 2nd... Ill be checking in frequently to keep myself motivated and away from temptation! Hope u are winning :) x

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7
Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2
Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

Hi Ria Been keeping up to date with ur posts. In same boat as u only I've got a bigger gain! I'm starting on jan 2nd... Ill be checking in frequently to keep myself motivated and away from temptation! Hope u are winning :) x Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2 Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7 Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2 Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

This is the best time I year to get back in it for sure, so many people in the same boat, I swear a couple of months back you could hear a pin drop in this forum!

Winning - ish - well yes, another 3 pack day (yay) but feel pants! Must have got up 3 times to pee last night, so going for a hot shower, some paracetamol then hopefully sleep now, saying that I struggle to sleep at the best of times and I know it's worse on plan :-/

By the way, if you guys have diaries can you direct me to them? Always in need I a distraction!

X

Should have took paracetamol before shower - feel really hot, headachy and sick! Shoved my head under the shower and at that precise moment remembered I only washed my hair last night (brainless) so trying to cool down to face the hair dryer :-/ oh man, please remind me it gets better?!

X

Ah what's an extra day in the scheme of things, you're back on it and that's what counts, I've had a couple of very successful breaks and gotten straight back on it on the past, and as long as you do, it's all good! X

Yes, I'll be fine - I've lost 59lbs since July so I know I'll get straight back on it and burn... Just have to tough out these first four days then I'll be cruising :)

I don't know what clicked in my head at the beginning of October, but I've not looked back since. Whatever it was, I'm just grateful it's still with me! Feeling very positive and 'can do'. Loving it :D

Yes, I'll be fine - I've lost 59lbs since July so I know I'll get straight back on it and burn... Just have to tough out these first four days then I'll be cruising :)

I don't know what clicked in my head at the beginning of October, but I've not looked back since. Whatever it was, I'm just grateful it's still with me! Feeling very positive and 'can do'. Loving it :D

It's great being in the zone! I'm just sad it took me too long to get back here!

So great news, the office canteen (or dining room as we call it lol) is closed for refurbishment the whole of January - so no tempatation there! the nearest place to eat is in another building a 5 minute walk down the road :)

And I just had a call from the people I sent my CV over to, and the lady has asked me to mail it to her and she will do her best to try and get the person looking after the recruitment for that role to look at it :) no guarantees i'll get anywhere but at least I know someone has seen it, and she also read it as she mentioned my current employers name, I can only hope, just hope I didn't sound overly flustered on the phone as I was darting out the office to take the call, then in again for post-its then out again, and I'm sure I filled the gaps with inane chatter of God knows what! oh well. in it to win it!

2L of water down already, still on the paracetamol as the headaches persist, but lost a fair few lbs on the scales already so not complaining! Forgot how hard this all is, it was a year ago I properly started this last time after all.

Everyone has gone down for lunch, I am putting off my 2nd shake for as long as possible as I'd like to have another 3 shake day, though realistically the days I am at work it's highly possible I will need 4, I put off my 1st shake til 10 but had to give in after a dizzy moment (oops), I know I can loose on 4 but I wanna avoid it as much as poss, then if I do have 4 it's more of a treat.

Back