Time to get serious!

And I just had a call from the people I sent my CV over to, and the lady has asked me to mail it to her and she will do her best to try and get the person looking after the recruitment for that role to look at it :) no guarantees i'll get anywhere but at least I know someone has seen it, and she also read it as she mentioned my current employers name, I can only hope, just hope I didn't sound overly flustered on the phone as I was darting out the office to take the call, then in again for post-its then out again, and I'm sure I filled the gaps with inane chatter of God knows what! oh well. in it to win it!*

RESULT!!!!!!!! That's fantastic news :D Sure it's in the lap of the gods whether you get it, but by God you've done your best to be in the running! I've got everything crossed for you chick x

I used to try to leave my lunch shake until 2pm at work too - but I dare not do that for week 1 :( I have to be so regimented as I settle into ketosis and have a shake every 4 hours (before I get hungry and turn into a ravening beast on the hunt for any old crap to "feed me NOW")..... And what's even worse is I ran out of shakes this am, have been called last minute to a doctor's appointment and will miss seeing my CWPC at 6pm so I'll be ready to eat my own leg by the time I get home this evening :mad: it's pants, it really is.

Have a brilliant 100% day love xx

RESULT!!!!!!!! That's fantastic news :D Sure it's in the lap of the gods whether you get it, but by God you've done your best to be in the running! I've got everything crossed for you chick x

I used to try to leave my lunch shake until 2pm at work too - but I dare not do that for week 1 :( I have to be so regimented as I settle into ketosis and have a shake every 4 hours (before I get hungry and turn into a ravening beast on the hunt for any old crap to "feed me NOW")..... And what's even worse is I ran out of shakes this am, have been called last minute to a doctor's appointment and will miss seeing my CWPC at 6pm so I'll be ready to eat my own leg by the time I get home this evening :mad: it's pants, it really is.

Have a brilliant 100% day love xx

Oh no! thats's awful, I've just stuffed my draw at work with shakes and a shaker so I don't end up productless anytime! When will you get to actually see your CWPC now? what will you do?!

I'm really relived someone saw it, and even more so read it, and like you say, in the lap of the Gods now!

Hoping for some luck though, my other half just phoned and told me he's won a top spec galexy tab 3 in a raffle... hoping that's just the start for us!

Hard day, gave in to a slim and save bar this afternoon and instantly regretted it, it wasn't very nice! I just got really bored and although there was work to do, couldn't bring myself to do it, was fidgety and distracted.

Got home and ate a bit of gammon - my own fault for sitting in the kitchen whilst mum was doing dinner I suppose, then had my 4th pack - a slim and save cottage pie - after the gammon I just wanted savoury!

After sitting through them eating dinner, my mum having dessert, my mum asking dad if he wanted dessert 3 times, then finally getting dessert whilst a second dessert got herself, enough was enough, I could so easily dive head first into a bar of Cadbury!! So I ran away to my bedroom and got in the shower and got in bed.

Whilst in the shower realised that a conversation I had with my other half earlier didn't help matters, been reminded of something that was worrying me, and now feeling pretty down about it again. At least I managed to forget for a few days at least. Gotta learn that's not a reason to turn to chocolate though as that's just another reason to feel bad. Gonna try and sleep before I do!

Morning all,

Roads were dead on the way to work today, maybe I'm the only silly bugger transversing the M3 to the office today!

My rational self knows it's ridicilous, (but she is constantly trampled by my more dominant worried and stressed self) but along with the 4 packs, I am totally beating myself up about the gammon I had yesterday! No harm was done, it was only a few cals, and no carbs, no big deal, but mad at myself, I said I was doing this 100% and I can't be doing things like that! The even more ridiculous thing is feeling like I have failed, come off the wagon, which is beyond stupid as I am still low enough cals to be a VLCD and still in Ketosis (well, a duff ketostix, a little panic, and a second stick later).

Wish someone would grab me by the shoulders and shake me!

No plans for tonight, New year isn't a big thing for me, I've never really had a good New Year apart from the first year without my ex when I went to an ex-work colleagues house, that was nice, but on average new year tends to end (or even start) in tears, so I'm quite happy sleeping through it - though I know I will get woken by fireworks, have a little cry, then go back to sleep anyway - the cry bit usually happens for one reason ot another, this festive season it has been particulary hard being apart from my man, never bothered us in the past, but I guess we've been through a lot this past year which has brought us closer than we ever knew (oh god I'm sat here welling up at my desk - stop it RIA!!) so (I was going to say) no doubt that will continue to bring a little emotion (pull yourself together girl!).

Hoping someone with a bit of authority will decide it is a good idea to let us go home early today, fingers crossed, yesterday dragged from about 2, so 2 would be a good time, that way it distracts me from wanting an "afternoon snack pack".

Sorry for the bad typing and spelling, I use chrome at home, but this wonderful organisation we work in still can't offer me better than ie8, and the spell check button just gives me an erroe! I have volunteered to be a guinea pig trialling google stuff for them next year so I can finally ditch this and bloody lotus notes for google chrome, mail and calendars (hurrah!) - the future is in sight lol.

Most certainly looking for distraction today, sometimes I just wish I could get on with my work, I guess it's not challenging me at the moment otherwise surely I would have a little interest right?

not doing well with water today either :-(

Just hid in my bedroom from chilli and amazing smelling garlic bread! Now back down drinking my 4th shake, still smells amazing, but I know id kick myself if I had it, I had planned to be off tonight but it's not worth it!

So anyway....

image-3014856379.jpg

For when the time comes!

X

4 days in the bag!

I've been headachy, dizzy at times, grumpy, and cold all of the time, but I have achieved and that is bigger than all that.

Now for sleep! Goodnight and happy new year, and good luck to all those starting their journey tomorrow as I did exactly 1 year ago

X

Hi Ria

Happy new year :)

Great news about CV. Fingers crossed!!!

Shame about ur man. Mines is going away tomorrow (I'm getting on plan then) until April. he works abroad mist of the year so I know how u feel. Keep ur chin up!

Well done for avoiding temptations. It's soo easy to buckle. Well done for staying strong :)

Stay strong today. Drink gallons n keep busy!

See ya tomorrow when I start my day 1!
X

Hi Ria

Happy new year :)

Great news about CV. Fingers crossed!!!

Shame about ur man. Mines is going away tomorrow (I'm getting on plan then) until April. he works abroad mist of the year so I know how u feel. Keep ur chin up!

Well done for avoiding temptations. It's soo easy to buckle. Well done for staying strong :)

Stay strong today. Drink gallons n keep busy!

See ya tomorrow when I start my day 1!
X

Thanks hun, yup, fingers crossed indeed. Someone has read it, and that's more than I know for the other applications i have put into that company previously, and that gives me peace, and resolution that I have done all I can not to miss an opportunity, and ya know what, she didn't have to phone me, so I really appreciate that.

Oh it sucks doesn't it, but saying that i have done best on this plan when I've not been seeing my other half, he was in the Caribbean end of 2012 until April I think it was, and I lost most of my weight then, it was easier since when he is back we like to enjoy our time together, and a shared love of food (oh man i'm sure that's on of my companies taglines) makes those times even more enjoyable, and not to mention if we can't eat together I can often hang out in one of the ships buffet restaurants to wait for him to finish work, - I did manage protein and salad a couple of times, but it always feels like a missed opportunity! One great benefit is they truly see your losses, I'll never forget his face when I flew out to the Caribbean in march 3 stone lighter than when i saw him the Nov before, it makes it all worth while - on the flip side he has also noticed my recent gain but he's grown a budda belly recently too - so a mad Christmas's work and a diet for me, we should both be back in shape soon hopefully lol.

Looking forward to having you back on board!

x

So.. miss moany pants here is BORED again! beginning to regret all my doings on Saturday! I know it got me through day one but now theres nothing to do!

tried internet shopping, but maxxed that out already, nothing I want, tried watching a movie but I have poor attention span for that and gave up, then tried to wind our dogs up but they're too tired from their walk and just want to sleep!

ordinarily I would bake or something, but that is both pointless and counterproductive.

moan over for now

Happy New Year Ria!!!!!

I'm currently hiding from my son's roast dinner (which is still sending wafts of fragrance throughout the house!) by snuggling in my bed reading posts and surfing u tube....

New Years Day is a bit of an anti-climax isn't it? But just think how fab you'll look and feel in a couple of months..... And do some positive visualisation and imagine that new job you want and seeing your partner's smiling face when he next sees you! Chin up lovely, people sometimes feel down at this time of year - it's normal; so just take some deep breaths and focus on what this new chapter could bring xx Big hugs xxxx

New Years Day is a bit of an anti-climax isn't it? But just think how fab you'll look and feel in a couple of months..... And do some positive visualisation and imagine that new job you want and seeing your partner's smiling face when he next sees you! Chin up lovely, people sometimes feel down at this time of year - it's normal; so just take some deep breaths and focus on what this new chapter could bring xx Big hugs xxxx

Happy new year to you too Bev!

Absolutely, today was the worst, I even started researching which shops were open today in the idea of just going somewhere, with my choices limited to asda and ikea - both of which with lovely tempting food, I chose to remain!

Thing is, I often get so excited and positive about things then unfortunately come crashing down to earth with a smack when I find they were nothing but lovely lovely dreams, but hey, I suppose I should enjoy the dreams and just keep hoping they will come true eventually.

Last year the diet and target of being thin was all I needed, I always need something so focus on and that was it for a long time, I guess my problem now is I don't have a strong enough "why" as Laurence brown would put it. I need a why!! I had plenty before but a lot have gone as they were achieved, or have become less of a worry now.

I think if I can get a holiday or something planned in to aim for it'll get my spirits up a bit and more of a why - looking good, even after visiting the buffet lol.

Anyway, all is not lost and as good as my parents dinner smelt (again) I have not given in and can proudly say I have completed 5 days 100% and the scales reflect that! I'm not going to lie, it's been tougher than I've ever known it to be before, but I'll keep on.

Night all, see you in day 6

X

Oh well done Ria:D It's been tougher... But so are you! Well done on 5 full days SS. Read some of the links/threads where people say their 'Never Agains' that might help you find your "why" and give you a goal to move towards. A holiday sounds nice - can you plan something for when your other half has leave too?

You're an inspiration (or is that thin-spiration? ;)) keep going hon xx (I hope you honked for your 100% day! Here's the link : http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-posts/319604-honk-if-you-were-100-today-32.html )

Oh well done Ria:D It's been tougher... But so are you! Well done on 5 full days SS. Read some of the links/threads where people say their 'Never Agains' that might help you find your "why" and give you a goal to move towards. A holiday sounds nice - can you plan something for when your other half has leave too?

You're an inspiration (or is that thin-spiration? ;)) keep going hon xx (I hope you honked for your 100% day! Here's the link : http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-posts/319604-honk-if-you-were-100-today-32.html )

I shall have a browse and find the kick up the backside I need!

I'd like to go on a cruise over Easter, on the ship he works on, but want to make sure we know the right procedure first as last time we had a lot of trouble as I went as an actual passenger which was a big mistake and basically there was no official way to see each other other than on land (and of course there was plent of sea days!) I've gone as his guest before which is the best way as it gives me full access to crew areas so theres no risk of anyone getting in trouble, but it's very doubtful he can do that for me as it means a lot of signatures and a stressful time for him finding me a bed to sleep in the day I board since he shares a cabin and has a single bottom bunk - I don't mind but I think his cabin mate might, and him i suppose as he still has to work. So there is a "friends and family" booking method which is probably the way I will go, but need to know the restrictions for sure first! Other than that we are provisionally planning a week in Delhi when he is on leave (well, i said shall i come to India this year ans that was his suggestion thank goodness, I couldnt spend another holiday in his parents house doing nothing!!) - but this'll be october ish so ages away - that would be what is becoming my annual pilgrimage to India, but at last I may just see the Taj Mahal!

Thanks hun, I guess once I'm back to my lowest weight and once again making progress I will believe that myself!

Scales are slowing now, so daily weighing stops as of Saturday, not going to share my progress on here since the last few times I've done that I have tripped up straight away after - so playing it safe and subtle for now!

seeing my CWPC tonight, hoping I will at least be the same or less than last time I saw him, then need to work on my game plan, if last time is anything to go by I won't be able to sustain SS for too long, so will need to be prepared to move up the steps, now in my head I'd like to leave that until half a stone before target but we all know that's a pipe dream so might get menu planning for various steps now - oh man why did I not think of that yesterday!?

Anyway, should be getting on with some work...laters.....

Seeing my CWPC tonight, just put in a £100 order - now if that's not commitment what is hey? I was just getting low on my my choccy shakes and had a bit of a panic - I can't be without them so ordered 2 boxes lol! then thought I'd have some choccy chewy bars for an afternoon treat - the S&S ones arent cutting it for me lately!

Starvinnggg (read:not particularly engaged with current activity, looking for distraction) but had my first shake before 8, my lunch 12.10 so need to pace this one out as much as I can! Can't stomach much more water as already had over 2.5L!

I have been proper faffing for the past couple of weeks. I laid out a plan on coping with the festivities, but....like you said when you are in the middle of neither on the diet or off the diet you tend to jump off the deep end a bit :-( So it's back to day one again.

I just sat down and worked out the during the first 12 week diet stint I lost over 40lb's but the second round of 12 weeks we have been having too many "treats" and looking to have lost half that so really need a kick up the *** to get back on track.

How are you dealing with the bordom??

Back