Time to get serious!

I have been proper faffing for the past couple of weeks. I laid out a plan on coping with the festivities, but....like you said when you are in the middle of neither on the diet or off the diet you tend to jump off the deep end a bit :-( So it's back to day one again.

I just sat down and worked out the during the first 12 week diet stint I lost over 40lb's but the second round of 12 weeks we have been having too many "treats" and looking to have lost half that so really need a kick up the *** to get back on track.

How are you dealing with the bordom??

Exactly! it has to be all or nothing, now you've said that I thought I'd check my stats - I was full on commited to plan from Jan-June - lost 4st 5lbs in that time, in the 6 months of messing around (still spending money on products!) I gained 1st10lbs! What a waste of time (and money) hey!

boredom.... making myself do a coma inducing spreadsheet, I am making myself finish it by the end of the day! in between occupying myself with drinking and subsequent trips to the bathroom! really should leave my desk more often though, the diet sort of stops me doing that!

Hello you - I have every faith in you - you did it last time you can do it again and there's loads of good people on here to keep us company and give us kick up the bums when we need it - hang in there
x

Hello you - I have every faith in you - you did it last time you can do it again and there's loads of good people on here to keep us company and give us kick up the bums when we need it - hang in there x

Thanks Hun, I'm hanging...I'm hanging!!'

I don't leave my desk as much as I should do....but I never really did before. About ready to sleep on my desk.... What is it you do?

It's bad isn't it, I'll try and start taking a walk around the block when it's not so cold and wet?

I work in marketing....

So just come back from my CWPC and considering the weight I put on, then lost. I'm actually a little less than I was when I saw him a week before Christmas, so a positive result.

He's on hol now so not going to see him for another 2 weeks but hopefully will be another good weigh in then.

So just come back from my CWPC and considering the weight I put on, then lost. I'm actually a little less than I was when I saw him a week before Christmas, so a positive result. He's on hol now so not going to see him for another 2 weeks but hopefully will be another good weigh in then.
Whoop :) que happy dance!!! So glad to see miss motivation back!! Proud of you lady xxxx

Last edited:
Well done getting on track. You can do this again, good luck :)

I've been reading this thread and I have to say it is very inspirational. You've achieved so much Ria and should feel very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. x

Whoop :) que happy dance!!! So glad to see miss motivation back!! Proud of you lady xxxx

Haha, not quite, but plodding on!

Well done getting on track. You can do this again, good luck :)

I sincerely hope so! And don't want to do it again after this!

I've been reading this thread and I have to say it is very inspirational. You've achieved so much Ria and should feel very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. x

Thanks Hun, I feel a bit of a fraud when people say that after me screwing around for 6 months tho, but I guess what I gotta do is meek it true again, I do feel like the end is in sight at last!

Sort of managed a 3 pack day today, I say sort of as I could really devour another but having only just had one, that's a bit excessive!

Day 7 almost done.

It's affecting my brain tho, having a lot of trouble finding the words lately!

But need to kill this for the next 10 days, off plan for a day and a bit from evening of 13th as a friend is visiting and then (work) expenses paid day at cookery school. Then back on it :)

I just looked at your post from last Christmas though. Between then and now there are loads of up and downs, but! you are still going! you are doing well. Don't feel like a fraud, because despite of everything, even bad moments and maybe self sabotage, you are doing it, you are getting there :D :D :D Its good, because like you I have times when I just, I don't know. I know its the wrong food, I dont need it but i eat anyway. But I feel less bad about the last three weeks knowing I'm not alone and also that well what is done is done. I need to get back to it now.
7 days is awesome!! its amazing! well done. Go team you :D :D :D a week on Monday will be my 7 days. If I can do even half as well as you have I will be pleased.

7 days straight is phenomenal hon.... Believe me. Well done :clap: Here's to you having another fantastic 100% day! Bravo xx

I guess I'm kinda cautious as a couple of months ago I got back on SS and did about 8 days I seem to recall, then messed up, and that was the longest on plan since my march-June run, so I kinda don't wanna jinx anything - I don't trust myself, though I do have faith I will hang on in there - if that makes any sense!

I just looked at your post from last Christmas though. Between then and now there are loads of up and downs, but! you are still going! you are doing well. Don't feel like a fraud, because despite of everything, even bad moments and maybe self sabotage, you are doing it, you are getting there :D :D :D Its good, because like you I have times when I just, I don't know. I know its the wrong food, I dont need it but i eat anyway. But I feel less bad about the last three weeks knowing I'm not alone and also that well what is done is done. I need to get back to it now. 7 days is awesome!! its amazing! well done. Go team you :D :D :D a week on Monday will be my 7 days. If I can do even half as well as you have I will be pleased.

Thanks Hun! You will do it! If I can.... Anyone can!!

X

Anyway, I've actually done 8 whole days, and had a pretty good loss for my first week - not sharing - same reason - not tempting fate here, but I'm happy.

So the scales are now officially banned, not sure I can keep to that but it's the plan at least!

This is where things start to get harder and the losses aren't so miraculous right?!

Let's go.....

Managed to busy myself with eBay and FINALLY making some progress on my foody blog today, still a way to go and a whole lot of content to create, but the foundations are almost complete and once that's sorted it should be plain sailing, v exciting, glad to finally stop neglecting plans of things I want to do!

X

Hi everyone I'm meeting with my cwpc for the first time on Tuesday evening, and will be starting the diet on Wednesday I'm looking too lose between 4-5stone is this achievable on cambridge I'm also looking for support as I always fail at doing diets but have come to a point in my life were I want too look and feel attractive in what I wear. Does anyone have any tips too start ? Ria I've read through a lot of your posts and your so inspirational :) I hope your weight loss is going okay still Jamie x

Haha, not quite, but plodding on!

I sincerely hope so! And don't want to do it again after this!

Thanks Hun, I feel a bit of a fraud when people say that after me screwing around for 6 months tho, but I guess what I gotta do is meek it true again, I do feel like the end is in sight at last!

Don't be so hard on yourself - we all falter at times. The main thing is that you have already proved to yourself that you can do the plan and stick to it for a long time. It's challenging but the results are so worth it. I read in an earlier post that you were going to become a Cambridge consultant. Did you ever pursue that? X

Hi jamieleanne

im sure you will be fine! I know what you mean and I'm gonna be 100% honest with you!
This diet is great if your like me and you want to loose weight quickly
I started February last year and by 1st June I had lost 6 stone so it is achievable however I am now returning as I need to shed the 3stone I have put on since then :mad: I want to get back down to 12stone currently I'm 15.5 I know it will be quick but just want it to be over
so what do you know about Cambridge ? Xx

My main concern is that I will loose it the pile it back on which I definitely don't want to do, that's an amazing and great weight loss bet your so proud of yourself :) I've done quite a lot of research about the sole source etc but I'm sure there's a lot more I need to know x

Yeah that's what I did and I regret it luckily it's winter so I can cover it up but my friends getting married in May so want to get back down to my goal
i was going to work for Cambridge and become a councillor as I know what it's like coz I've been there
the first 4 days are hard! You may have a headache and feel sick and tired I had to go to bed but after the four days you will feel great! That's when you know your in ketosis not sure if you know what this is (it's when your body switches to eating its own stored fat instead if the carbohydrates it would usually eat for energy) I knew I was in ketosis as my hands and feet feel cold! (Common side effect) and you feel sooooo alive I was cleaning my skirting boards at 10pm!
But if you cheat or make one slip up that's it you come out of ketosis and you have to endure the 4 days of felling like rubbish all over again! Even 1 hint of lemon can knock you out of ketosis
I remember ordering a glass of water in a restaurant and the waiter brought mr a glass if water with ice and lemon in it I asked him to removed the lemon and he did but gave me back the same glass! I had to ask him to give me a whole new glass he looked at me like I was a totally lunatic but that's the key stick to it and it will work! They roughly say 1 stone a month but you will loose a lot more in your first week I lost 11lbs first time round so that was nearly a stone gone in itself!
Im sure you will be fine... If you wanna ask any questions feel free to ask as I said I was going to work for Cambridge but haven't got round to deciding if to do it or not xx

Hi missymorris,
I'm starting on Tuesday.
This will be my second try, I'm planning on having a little milk plus a can of tuna, will I still go into ketosis?
Hope you don't mind me asking you questions

Back