Time to get seriously thin

Well, I did it. I met my Cambridge Counsellor today and came home with two boxes of food packs. I have such a lot of weight to lose I am shocked and a little bit overwhelmed. 7 stones. :eek:

I have gained much of this weight in the past two years due to my constant state of pregnancy and resulting three babies (including twins).

In the past, around four years ago, I tried lighter life, complete abstinence and it worked marvellously. I didnt touch a morsel for two months and lost a lot of weight, about three stones. I went to Paris and although I still had weight to lose, I was walking on air and handsome men in bars (well one handsome man) approached my partner to tell him how beautiful I was and how lucky he was! Imagine that, I dined out on that compliment for a long time. Then unfortunately, I dined out on more than compliments and lost the battle again.

Christmas came and I was happy with my size sixteen frame and the joys of food and lost the will a bit. I also learned to cheat. Note to self, as an all or nothing personality, its time to do the nothing part of eating rather than the everything for a while.

I must admit that at the moment I am feeling less than motivated. Next week my partner goes away to work for 6 weeks leaving me with three babies to look after. I reckon I wont have time to eat anything, so that is as good a time as any.

Tomorrow is my last day of food and then I will commence.

This forum looks like a fabulous resource and I am hoping that it will help me get to where I need to be.

hi and welcome this diet is so good i have lost 2st in 7wks you can do it the first few days are the hardest but once you get into ketosis it gets alot easier.i get what you mean with the pregnancy thing everytime i lost weight i got preggers again my last also being twins which resulted in me being 14st 6lb start weight.hope you have a successful journey and were all here to support you along the way good luck hunnie:):)x

Good luck to you. You sound very motivated! xx

Thanks for the kind messages

Thanks both of you for your kind messages. WOW! You have both done so well, I want a bit of that success. I have spent today pigging intensely, knowing that this is a silly way to proceed and will probably just gain me another pound, but thought I would get it out of my system in readiness for tomorrow. I feel totally sick and didn't enjoy any of it really. I also ate my easter egg (s) so that is that done and out of the way! I have to do this 100% although I still dont believe it yet and am feeling very apprehensive. So your messages bucked me up no end, what amazing stats! Will keep you posted x

Its really hard restarting and me too I learnt how to cheat, but just think what a difference you will be in 6 weeks for when your hubby is back (last time I done cd I lost 3 stone in 6 weeks with no exercise - 3 babies is all the exercise anyone needs!!

"babies are the only exercise anybody needs!"

I will second that! As I sit here typing, my 18 month year old is having a major tantrum in the kitchen and refusing to eat the delicious (I would give my right arm) meal I carefully prepared for him the other day before starting this, having spent a bloody fortune on food for him. I have one baby crying, despite being fully fed and changed and the other one is probably currently thinking of ways to make my life even more miserable! On the plus side I have started CD, 100%, and have really enjoyed the shakes, especially the choc mint and have been great all day, more energy than usual in fact, I even managed a bit of gardening which is unheard of. Feeling the hunger now though and am a bit cold, so I will go and run a deep bath and leave hubby to deal with the happy crew for a half hour. Its kind of good not to think about what I am going to have to eat, I havent got the energy or the time to cook anyway! Day one, nearly done. You lost such a lot of weight so quickly, that is incredible.

x

thanks!

I can hardly believe it, nearly the end of day one. I keep forgetting I am on it and on those occasions where I find myself in the kitchen, I get a pang when I realise that no, I actually wont just have a coffee and a biscuit! Guess this means I cant be ravenously hungry, I just need to retrain my head! I am going to go and look at size 18 clothes, a while off yet, but I will feel like a size zero in an 18!!

have a good evening all you CD-ers x

Hello there - I, too, did LL in 2007 and did pretty well - I started CD 6 weeks ago at the same weight as you and suspect if the evening weigh-in Fairy is kind to me on Tuesday, I will break the 2 stone barrier...so I'm cheering you on. Restarts are hard, but they get easier and pretty soon you'll be cruising along in ketosis.

hey sarah, did you break the barrier??

Hi sarah, hoping you got the result you wanted. I am now on day eight, have lost 7LB, maybe I am greedy, but was a bit down with that, at 17 stones expected more, and the past few days, the scales have frozen, even climbed a quarter of a pound tonight. Finding the diet pretty easy though, no hunger just the odd pang that I cant sip wine with my family on the patio, but if I get this weight off, its a small price to pay.

Today I dug out a box of clothes from the loft. They are 18's, what I got down to after my first pregnancy, before I got hit again 6 months down the line! Theres some lovely dresses there, thought I had flogged them all, so they are hanging up in my wardrobe to inspire me. I wear a 22 currently, and thats tight. I am hoping that in another 6 weeks those 18's will be feeling loose. Hope thats not too optimistic.

Every night I weigh myself and plot my likely loss for the following day and I lie awake getting so excited to leave the sixteen, and the fifteen stones behind. I dare hardly imagine what it would be like to be less that 11! Imagine that.......:rolleyes:

Every night I weigh myself and plot my likely loss for the following day and I lie awake getting so excited....... I do the same!!! Im on day three of 100% ss, so im glad the 3rd days out the way as this is the worst for me and also around day 13 as well. If you think of it in small steps as in 16,15 and so on its not that bad. They say you can lose a stone a month and I want to have lost 5 stone by September so will have to be extra good.

well done on your three day breakthrough!

Hey Dont look back, glad to hear you are through those first torturous days! you will no doubt be sizzling those fat cells right now. what a lovely thought :cool:. I had no motivation when I started this, I just knew that it was now or never so went through the motions. Last night though I tried on some of those 18's, and I was amazed to find that I could get them on. Okay, not exactly fit to be seen out in public, my boobs were squashed flat, thats where I carry a lot of my weight, but they were fitting onto my frame!! I was so pleased, didnt think I would get them past my neck! I will not buy any size 20 stuff, and I reckon another month and I will be able to wear at least some of them. Dropped another 1LB this morning, thats 9 in total. You can imagine not much sleep for me last night!

good luck this week :D

I am now on day eight, have lost 7LB, maybe I am greedy, but was a bit down with that, at 17 stones expected more, and the past few days, the scales have frozen, even climbed a quarter of a pound tonight.

Week 1's can be like that sometimes, depending on all sorts of things - whether you're a bit run down, stressed (certainly sounds like it with all those babies!), TOTM etc. What usually happens then though is that you'll get a nice big loss next week too, so don't lose heart. And stay off the scales - what's this 'climbed a quarter of a pound tonight' stuff? :D :D Of course you did - you probably had a cup of coffee or something! If you have to weigh every day, view it as a science experiment. If you've been 100%, you will be losing fat, no matter what the scales say. You'll just be retaining water for some reason.

Today I dug out a box of clothes from the loft. They are 18's, what I got down to after my first pregnancy, before I got hit again 6 months down the line! Theres some lovely dresses there, thought I had flogged them all, so they are hanging up in my wardrobe to inspire me. I wear a 22 currently, and thats tight. I am hoping that in another 6 weeks those 18's will be feeling loose. Hope thats not too optimistic.

I don't think so. :D Go for it!

Every night I weigh myself and plot my likely loss for the following day and I lie awake getting so excited to leave the sixteen, and the fifteen stones behind. I dare hardly imagine what it would be like to be less that 11! Imagine that.......:rolleyes:

LOL, I find that hard to imagine too. But I know that when I got to 12 stones the first time I did Cambridge, I looked pretty slim and I was a size 14 - so just that thought's keeping me going for now. At the moment I'm just over 14 stones and a size 18 is just a tad too big for me. Roll on Size 16... :)

We'll be slim before we know it. :D

Back