Time to get skinny again!!!!

I would cut certain carbs, so your bread rice and pasta. Huge difference for me xxxx.

Okay girls I've decided to bite the bullet and try my first ever fast day!! Here is my day as planned.. Please tell me if I'm doing it wrong!!

Breakfast - melon (54 calories)
Lunch - WW tomato soup (77 calories) WW yogurt (56 calories)
Dinner - 2x quorn burgers (160 calories) broccoli (35 calories)
Snack - banana (90 calories)

Total calories - 472/500

Just a quick question, am I ok to exercise on a fast day or should I wait for a normal day where I will have full energy levels? Also where do I stand on squash/diet drinks, do I count calories for these as well??

Hope this all looks ok!! Wish me luck as my tummies already rumbling at the thought lol!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Okay so I'm half way through the day and not struggling at much as I thought!! ive been looking up some low calorie meal ideas and decided to change my food for today to ;

Breakfast - Still melon at 54 calories
Lunch - WW tomato soup - 77 calories + ww raspberry fruit yogurt - 50 calories
Dinner - Egg white + cheese omelette - 95 calories + 2xquorn sausages - 140 calories + 100g of broccoli - 35 calories
Snack - Bottle of diet coke - 2 calories

Hope this still looks ok, I know im eating more for dinner but I think this is when I'll be at my hungriest!

Okay girls I've decided to bite the bullet and try my first ever fast day!! Here is my day as planned.. Please tell me if I'm doing it wrong!!

Breakfast - melon (54 calories)
Lunch - WW tomato soup (77 calories) WW yogurt (56 calories)
Dinner - 2x quorn burgers (160 calories) broccoli (35 calories)
Snack - banana (90 calories)

Total calories - 472/500

Just a quick question, am I ok to exercise on a fast day or should I wait for a normal day where I will have full energy levels? Also where do I stand on squash/diet drinks, do I count calories for these as well??

Hope this all looks ok!! Wish me luck as my tummies already rumbling at the thought lol!!!

Sorry Paige! I must have read this in a sleepy haze this morning at 6am and forgot to reply!!

I always exercise on fast days, it's absolutely fine for me, but you might be different. Try it out and see how it goes. My fast days are always most successful if I keep busy and exercise helps take my mind off food. going to bed early helps too! or having a nice long bath!!

It might be worth buying the fast day book, I read it before I started and it really helps to get your head around it. It's only a few quid on amazon and handy if you have a kindle/ipad to read it on. You could easily read it in an hour! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Diet-H...UTF8&qid=1429873146&sr=8-1&keywords=fast+diet

You can have as many diet drinks or squash as you like, just make sure you count the calories of everything that passes your lips. I prefer to save my cals and usually stick to herbal teas, black coffee or water :)

Okay so I'm half way through the day and not struggling at much as I thought!! ive been looking up some low calorie meal ideas and decided to change my food for today to ;

Breakfast - Still melon at 54 calories
Lunch - WW tomato soup - 77 calories + ww raspberry fruit yogurt - 50 calories
Dinner - Egg white + cheese omelette - 95 calories + 2xquorn sausages - 140 calories + 100g of broccoli - 35 calories
Snack - Bottle of diet coke - 2 calories

Hope this still looks ok, I know im eating more for dinner but I think this is when I'll be at my hungriest!

You're doing really well Paige!! That's so much food for 500 calories which shows how well you've planned! You really can get more bang for your buck than you realise!x

Hiya Opal Lily!!! That's fine I do that all the time haha!!! I think I might go for a long walk on my break and see how I feel then if I feel up to it maybe go for a run later!! I honestly can't believe how much food I have got for 500 calories as I initially thought it would be a tiny amount in comparison to what I have got!!! Definitely going to have a nice bath tonight and chill out watching a movie!! Fingers crossed I can keep going for the rest of the day!! Thanks for all the help and motivation it's really helped!!! x

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 1lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

No problem, any time :)

I do 2 fast days a week now since the marathon (Mon & Thurs). When you reach 500 posts, you can view my diary in the silver members section so feel free to pop over and have a nosey at my food diaries if that might provide some ideas! xx

Aww wow! See I'd like to continue doing 5:2 until my holiday if possible so will definitely need some meal idea's!! I had no idea you had to post a certain amount of times to see certain diaries?!? I better get posting lol!!! xx

So one thing I'm struggling with today is my fluids.. up until today I only ever drink water when I'm sick as it makes me feel ill however for the first time in 20 years I've actually chosen to drink a full cup of water.. I know this sounds utterly ridiculous but water actually makes me sick when I usually try to drink it but after a lot of small sips I did it!!! Now usually I would drink about 7 cups of squash however with the whole calorie counting thing I've steered away in order to save the calories..
I've had a cup of pepsi max which is 2 calories and a cup of tea with a teaspoon of skimmed milk which came up as 3 calories, I also had a couple mouthfuls of green tea but that's about all.
I feel quite dehydrated but don't think I can stomach anymore water and cant go to get any more diet coke til my lunch at 2 :\ maybe with a bit more forward planning next time I can get the stocks ready!!!

Do you like the taste of green tea or is it too strong for you, Twinnings to light and delicate green tea, which I started off from 1 cup a day, it's nice and light, so helps you get used to the taste of green tea. I can now manage about 3 cups of normal green tea.
x

my faves are twining buttermint and salted caramel.
options hot chocolate is always good for a fast day. 40 cal but I always find they really fill a hole in the evening

Do you like the taste of green tea or is it too strong for you, Twinnings to light and delicate green tea, which I started off from 1 cup a day, it's nice and light, so helps you get used to the taste of green tea. I can now manage about 3 cups of normal green tea.
x

I don't mind peppermint green tea which is what I try to stick too but if I'm 100% honest I'm not a huge fan! I might have to give the twinings one a go and see how I get on!! thanks Ria!!

my faves are twining buttermint and salted caramel.
options hot chocolate is always good for a fast day. 40 cal but I always find they really fill a hole in the evening

oooooh buttermint and salted caramel sound amazing but do they actually taste anything like them?? mmmm see I have some options at home so that's definitely a possibility!! x

*MOAN ALERT*

I have to moan because this is sooo ridiculously annoying, just made the walk to Tesco to buy my WW soup, decided to walk to the further Tesco as its a nice day and I could get some extra exercise in, brought my soup and got into the office absolutely starving to realise there was a hole in my bag and therefore my soup had fell out grrrr!!! So booming annoying especially as I had no time left on my lunch so I had to compensate and have a tin of carrots instead!! Not exactly the most appetising of meals but at least I've saved myself 50 calories for something else later I guess!!! Sorry about that guys just really annoyed me haha!!!

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 9st 1lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Back