Time to regain my life!

MrsMooMoo

Hi everyone, I've decided that after attending SW classes for the last 4 months that they were just not working out for me and have decided to join SW online and go it alone. So any help, advice and support would be greatly appreciated.

I turned 40 last year and have decided that it's time to get back in control of my life as it is passing me by and I'm plodding along and not really living it. I have spent the last 20 years of my life caring for other people and totally forgot about caring for myself. I have always been overweight and was already 22 stone by the time I found out I was pregnant at 19. I had my son not long after I turned 20 and it came as a huge shock when he was diagnosed with Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus. He was transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital straight away for surgery and that is where we spent the next nine months of our lives. Obviously I was at his side the whole time but being stuck in hospital meant that I got no exercise and was limited to eating in the canteen or out of the sweet shop. So I never lost my pregnancy weight and I piled more weight on top too.

So my plans for this year are to lose weight and my target for this year is to get under 20 stone, to get my confidence back and to have much more fun!

My food diary for today is:

B. 2x Weetabix and semi skimmed milk
L. Omelette with ham onion and mushroom with salad.
D. Salmon with steamed veg.
Snacks, orange, apple and a Freddo bar.

Hi MooMoo and welcome :)

Great to see you here, and looking forward to being SW buddies, hope I can do half as well as you! xxx

Welcome MooMoo!

You've got some great goals and reasons to get healthy, look forward to getting to know you on your journey.

Keep up the good work hun! :)

Thanks for all the great messages! Had a good day yesterday and managed to stick to plan all day even managed my full 2l of water. So my plans for today is

B. Weetabix and semi skimmed milk
L. Baked Beans on 2 slices of toast, which I think is 6 syns
D. Gammon with new potatoes and salad.
S. Orange, Apple and my daily Freddo bar

Which I believe is a total of 11 syns.

Tomorrow is one of the days my son attends his care centre and I would really like to build up the courage to go swimming but I have this irrational fear that I am going to get stuck in the pool lol. It's weird because I can see I have lost weight, I am in smaller clothing but my head is still screaming you can't do that you're far to heavy. My confidence is really low and I talk myself out of stuff really easy. I was wondering if this was just me or if in time my brain will catch up and realise I can do more now?

It definitely takes your brain a while to catch up! I once lost half my body weight and I had to be reminded that I could go and sit next to someone on the train because I didn't take up the same space as I once used to. I looked at the spot and thought "no, I'll just stand". It's taken years of building up defense mechanisms so it will take a while for them to come down.

Totally understand how easy it is to talk yourself out of something though, I make mountains out of molehills all the time! Are you worried you won't have the strength to lift yourself up the ladder to get out?

That is the exact thing I am worried about, but I try and think logically as I am 4 stone lighter now and try and convince myself to go but then I get myself worried that the changing rooms will be to small. I often go for a walk along the sea wall and I know I can climb a ladder to get up onto the jetty, so realistically I should be able to do it but just have visions of having to be pulled out the pool lol.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be half the size I was!

Well done on your weight loss so far! Here to subscribe I'm also doing slimming world. I started swimming at the start and managed to get out of the pool - I was more worried about being seen in a costume but have managed to find a pool that is quiet so I am sure you will be fine. (The water supports your weight a lot btw so you don't feel it until you are half way up the ladder!)

Regarding the changing rooms - i think most have some family cubicles these days if you want loads of space but I'm sure you'd be fine in a regular size one too.

It's definitely going to be an experience getting used to our new bodies as we shift the lbs - but an exciting one!

How are you getting on hun? Just read yesterday's menu and now I want baked beans on toast (except, I've already had dinner!) :D

Had another good day today, managed to stay fully on plan again, if only it was always this easy! I even managed to go swimming. I was really nervous but it was ladies only and after all the build up and worry I had no problems with anything at all. I only swam for half an hour before the worry about getting out was to much, so decided to just try it and I can kick myself now about being so silly, so next time I shall stay longer and the half hour walk there and back also helps with my exercise too. I picked up a leaflet about a water aerobics whist I was there, so maybe that will be my next exercise goal.

My food for today was,

L. Egg pots and two slices of toast
D. Gammon and salad with a mango and pineapple fruit salad for pudding.
S. Apple, Orange and Freddo bar.

So 11 syns today.

How are you getting on hun? Just read yesterday's menu and now I want baked beans on toast (except, I've already had dinner!) :D

I seem to be doing OK going it alone and certainly finding it more enjoyable than the worry of class at the end of each week. How are you getting on? I'm still trying to read all the diaries on here but it's hard to find the time. But the ones I have ready certainly inspire me and push me on. This site is great, wish I had found it when I first started.

Yes it can be hard to keep up with the diaries - we do like a bit of a natter :D But they are still always good, you never know when you might learn something useful - and it's such a boost for newer members to get lots of encouraging posts.

I'm good thanks, having a great week so far - and about to try my home made frozen yogurt...:bliss:

well done on swimming and I highly recommend aquafit/aqua aerobics. I find it really good and the water supports your joints etc and its fun. I haven't been in ages because all the classes here are on when I am at work.

Been a very busy day today so that helped keep me on plan. I made the mistake of thinking I'll buy a pack of jaffa cakes and just have two a day, convincing myself it would be fine. Of course now they are in the house they are just sat screaming for me to eat them and it's all I seem to think about, so I think they will have to be given away tomorrow. I get really down and cross at myself cos there is no need for me to want to eat the whole pack but its a huge fight for me not to! Does it get any easier? Least I won this battle, I may lose others but I am determined to win the war in the end.

My Food diary for today was

L. Jacket potato with tuna and salad
D Steamed salmon and veg.
S. Apple, orange and freddo bar,

5 syns for today.

Had a great weekend and managed to stick to plan. After staying the same last week I lost 6lbs this week which was a shock as I didn't think it would be so much. Thank god I avoided the Jaffa cakes!

My food diary for today is

B. Wettabix and Semi skimmed milk
L. Homemade Asparagus and pea soup.
D. Egg, Bacon, Mushrooms, Beans and tomatoes.
S. Apple, orange and freddo bar.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Well done for avoiding the jaffa cakes - and WOW well done on the 6lb loss, that is fab Moo!!!! :D

i do like the sound of your soup - how did you make it?

Back