tin fruit

Tinned fruit is not a free food. Only fresh whole fruits count as a free food on SW.

Do you count fruit that is in juice? Don't understand why you have to, you can eat it freely on weight watchers with juice removed of course. I'm interested in what others think or do? :)

Here's the thing, you need to forget everything you ever knew about weightwatchers, and dieting in general.

You do have to count tinned fruit in juice, and one of the reasons is that it's easier to consume a lot more when it is prepared in this way. There could be 3-4 peaches in a can, which you could eat in one sitting, but it's unlikely that you would sit and eat 3-4 fresh ones. plus there's the added juice in the can to factor in. I think there's also something about the sugars, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

also just to add, tinned fruit is not free on weight watchers, neither is fresh fruit. Unless you are talking about the old core plan of weight watchers.

The reason you can only have fresh or frozen fruit as a free food when following SW, is because canned/cooked/juiced fruits are too energy dense to qualify as a free food. For the equivalent calories you will get a lot more satiety and satiation (in other words you will feel fuller and this feeling will last) from three oranges eaten whole compared to drining the juice. I think the problem with canned fruits is down to the extra calories you get from the juice or syrup, these added to the fruit itself, makes the overall tin of fruit too energy dense and not filling enough to qualify for a free food.

Yes the book has a list of hex b choices that are tinned and cooked fruits and dried ones too.

I eat a lot of tinned fruit, and I drain it and rinse it under the cold tap before I use it so that I get rid of any syrupy residue, and then I syn it as per the directory syn book.

Back