tin fruit

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by princesss01, 27 January 2010 Social URL.

1. princesss01

princesss01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Slimming World Dieters, a question for you: Do you count fruit that is in juice? Don't understand why you have to, you can eat it freely on weight watchers with juice removed of course. I'm interested in what others think or do? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Tinned fruit is not a free food. Only fresh whole fruits count as a free food on SW.

4. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Here's the thing, you need to forget everything you ever knew about weightwatchers, and dieting in general.

You do have to count tinned fruit in juice, and one of the reasons is that it's easier to consume a lot more when it is prepared in this way. There could be 3-4 peaches in a can, which you could eat in one sitting, but it's unlikely that you would sit and eat 3-4 fresh ones. plus there's the added juice in the can to factor in. I think there's also something about the sugars, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

5. princesss01

princesss01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ok, thanks for the advice.

6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i'm sure there are some tinned fruit that you can have as a B choice.

7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    also just to add, tinned fruit is not free on weight watchers, neither is fresh fruit. Unless you are talking about the old core plan of weight watchers.

8. agent44

agent44 Full Member

The reason you can only have fresh or frozen fruit as a free food when following SW, is because canned/cooked/juiced fruits are too energy dense to qualify as a free food. For the equivalent calories you will get a lot more satiety and satiation (in other words you will feel fuller and this feeling will last) from three oranges eaten whole compared to drining the juice. I think the problem with canned fruits is down to the extra calories you get from the juice or syrup, these added to the fruit itself, makes the overall tin of fruit too energy dense and not filling enough to qualify for a free food.

9. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes the book has a list of hex b choices that are tinned and cooked fruits and dried ones too.

10. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I eat a lot of tinned fruit, and I drain it and rinse it under the cold tap before I use it so that I get rid of any syrupy residue, and then I syn it as per the directory syn book.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.