Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Ello again minimins :) I've missed you!!

Well I've successfully quit smoking :) 17 days clean and I can tell already that I'll not start again. I might drunkenly puff away (hopefully not!!) but I'll never be a 'smoker' again!!

The worst part is that it's been really a LOT easier than I thought!!! Wish I'd done it yrs ago lol.

Food wise I've been really very very naughty. Yes the quitting is making me hungrier and I need to nibble more but honestly I've been a bit of a swine. It's like I gave myself a licence to gorge myself!!! Haven't dared WI so I'm just going to work up to it over next few days and get my head in the zone. If I'm not brave enuff before hand Monday will be the dread WI an restart but here's hoping I'll find my mojo sooner!!!

Kids are fine. Had a few rough days with Jamie but on the whole he's coped pretty well with the hols :)

Trying to console myself with the fact that yes I may have gained about 80000 stone in 17 days BUT at least I'll live long enough to lose it all now!! Why is quitting smoking so much easier than quitting eating?????????

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

17 days is fantastic!!!! Well done :)
You'll soon get back on plan. You did right to focus on the smoking, must be a nightmare trying to eat healthy and give up smoking :)

Well done on quiting smoking :D

Problem is we have to eat!!!

Ugh I've weighed myself :( 9 lb gain........ Which is outrageous in 3 weeks!!! Please let most of it be water retention lol. I'm 181lbs.......again........dammit........

Quite enjoying being back on my CC wagon :) its comfortably familiar now haha!! Do really need to shop tho!! So many rubbishy things have sneakily crept into my cupboards lol today's menu is....

Honey nut cornflakes
Tuna an red onion on a wholemeal roll
Wotsits
WW choc dessert
Salmon fillet new pots an salad
Mini milk.
Coffee x3
And the obligatory water water water!!

Coming in at 1100 and I've done a 60 min walk with the kids but I'm logging it as a 30min coz 'slow pace' on MFP really doesn't describe the snail pace my daughter set today!!!

Have also nibbled a coupla mints to ward off my ciggy cravings. Day 18 an still going strong!! It's gotta be worth the gain coz I've saved £70 already according to the NHS app.

YAY, Tina's back!!! :talk017:

Missed ya babe!!

Congratulations on 17 days fag free. I really must take my hat off to you. (imagine a top hat if you will) Giving up smoking during the summer holidays, I thought you were mad, but you did it and I'm so proud!!! Do you notice a difference with your lung capacity??

Don't worry too much about the 9lbs. I imagine most of it is sodium. Anyway, I really don't think 9lbs is actually that bad considering you have added years onto your life. :) You will loose it in no time hun.

Glad to have you back xx

Haven't attempted to use my shiny clean (ish) lungs yet lol. But I did notice a difference climbing the hill of DEATH at legoland the other day. Last yr I virtually had to crawl the last 20ft haha.

Fingers crossed for sodium!! I'm trying to chug the water but after two weeks of delicious full fat coke, wine and milkshakes it's really not appealing lol. Sigh. I'll get there!!

You'll soon get used to the bland taste of water!! I would say pretend it's coke, but that is just ridiculous!!! :)

Welcome back!!

Well if it makes you feel any better, I gained the same amount exactly in the past 3 weeks too! I don't think I even ate THAT badly really! It'll soon be off for us both I'm sure! And well done on the no smoking!

missybct said:
Wow! Congratulations on the stopping of smoking - I really need to think hard about doing that too!

Don't fret about the weight gain - that'll come off in no time :) xxx

The patches are amazingly good :) I lasted 3hrs last time I quit!! This time I haven't even really wanted a cig :) it's been really easy an i smoked heavily for 17 yrs :( (yes I started really really young lol) and deffo grab a box of inhalators for an extra boost when your around ppl who smoke. They really helped me. I did eat far too much but if I'm honest that was mostly coz I could lol not coz I needed too!!

3lb of lovely sodium weight has vanished overnight :) yay. Back in the 170's now an only 6lb to shift to get back to where I was. No problemo!!

Bad news is my local pub (as in within spitting distance) has been redone and reopened and is just amazing!! Rather handily there's an under 600cal menu and the inside is really nice!! TV's in the booths etc. Alk the other pubs roubd here are rather scruffy lol.
So I shall be eating lunch out a lot more often!! Must stay away from the triple choc fudge cake!!! (white choc fudge layer in the middle.....aaaarrrggghh........) Had a lovely blackened tuna steak with salad and a jacket for lunch Mmmmmm!!!!

At least it has got an under 600 cal menu. Sounds very swish. Maybe you should invite us all to yours and we could go over to the pub!!! ;)

C'mon down ladies :) the sofa beds awaiting!!
Lol it's not swish by most standards but I live in Walsall and burger king is "fancy eating" round here pmsl.

C'mon down ladies :) the sofa beds awaiting!!
Lol it's not swish by most standards but I live in Walsall and burger king is "fancy eating" round here pmsl.

:8855:I love a good burger!! xx

Pub sounds great and food under 600 cals... Bonus!!
Your doing fantastic with the smoking, well done!!!
Those added lbs will be gone in no time :)

Muahahaha!! Gotta love water retention :) have shifted 5lb of my gain in two days. Heehee!! Haven't lost this fast since the very very first weeks last year. Must admit it's far more fun than plodding away at 2lb a week lol.

Today's plan for fooooooood will be something like this....

Coffee
Two weetabix an semi skim

2 slices 400g warby's wholemeal
Some sort of filling :) An salad
Carrot sticks
Dairy Lee triangle
Coupla plums

Cod fillet in breadcrumbs
Low fat chips
Peas

Well done on the 5lbs down. I know what you mean, if only every week could be like that! :)

Food for today sounds great. Keep it up hun, all those pesky pounds will be gone in no time. :)

Well done you :D

Stuck to my food plan. Two of the kids chicken nuggets did fall in my mouth but they were relatively healthy home made ones!!

Am worried I might be getting addicted to cherry pepsi max. Been on the water all day an I've just sat down with a glass full of ice an cherry max. Delicious and noooooo cals :) stupidly sweet tho. Can only drink the one!!

Back