Tink's got fat ....

Hiya Everyone,

Just found this website and thought it would be nice to keep a diary of my weight loss.

I am 24, turning 25 this year and I refuse to be obese on my 25th birthday. Its just not going to happen, simple as that. I can honestly say I have never felt more motivated in my whole life :D so this year is definatley the year (no buts or maybes).

Alittle about me, I am currently still on maternity leave as I had a baby in May 2011. When I fell pregnant I weighed 17 stone 3lb, my heaviest ever weight and after giving birth I was 16 stone 1lb. I was really pleased with this as I hadnt seen the 15's for a long time :cry:. BUT instead of dieting i have found myself sitting at home stuffing my face and basically not moving much at all. :sigh: So my start weight on Monday was 17 stone 8lb ... ouch. Heaviest weight to date.

LINE HAS BEEN FULLY DRAWN

This is the new me *waves* Hiya ... I am going to be a more positive person and take each day as it comes. I will weigh once a week, not everyday like I normally do. Im sticking to about 1300 cals and will change this if needed.

I managed to do 30 day shred on Monday, 4 mile walk, Tuesday and 30 day shred again yesterday. As of next week when my tredmill arrives I will be walking/running 6 miles a day and completing a 10k in June. Have set myself lots of silly goals like that lol cant wait.

This post has turned out alot longer than I thought but hey ho it maybe helps explain me alittle :rolleyes: not that many people are interested haha.

Wish me luck, I might need it lol ... GOAL 1 = 2 STONE.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, you are definitley in the right place if you want to loose weight with some fab support.

Good luck chick xxx :)

Good luck! You sound like you're in the right mindset :)

Hi, I'm new here too! Good luck on your goals! This year already seems to be a positive year for everyone :D

Hiya!! Lovely to see you xx

I'm a mum and finding to the time for exercising isn't always easy but my advice, not that you've asked for it mind, would be to put baba in his/her pram and walk! Then you can have a small treat in the evening and the dieting won't seem to bad

Well done and good luck!! I don't think you'll have to many down days as your motivational speech was one of the best I've seen xx

Thanks everyone, this morning was weight in day. I have lose 4lbs. Please with this as its also TOTM. Boo.

Weekend is usually the hardest time for me on any diet. This weekend was true to form but i found exercising allowed me to have a treat. We also had homemade curry and homemade chicken noodle soup which was surprising low calorie. So i didnt feel i was missing out.

Thats brilliant! Well done!

Well today things are still on track. Protein shake for breakfast, 6 mile power walk, pilates dvd and then a tuna salad sandwhich for lunch. Yummy.

Chicken fajitas for dinner tonight, becoming quite the chef since starting to eat healthy lol

Brilliant start! Big pat on the back to you xx Funnily enough we are on chicken fajitas for tea.

Well today I weighed in again, I no i shouldnt have but I couldn't resist, I have lost 6lbs in total now :D Pleased with that.

Today has been a bad day so far, Have been very very nervous about a group interview I had for a job I would really like. I have never been nervous about interviews before so not sure how to cope. I got up early as I couldnt sleep and went for a 4 mile walk with Baby. Came home, had breakfast and done my Pilates DVD again for half an hour. :innocent0002: Still need to fit in another 2 miles at some point today to keep my goal of 6 miles a day.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thought of this interview was playing on my mind. It wasnt the actual interview itself, it was the thought of sitting in a room full of people. I had my first ever panic attack :cry: Never experienced anything like it, my OH was about to phone an ambulance as I thought I was having a heart attack, but when i calmed down it all disappeared leaving me phyically shaking and feeling horrible. I cancelled the interview, I cant face it. I have no confidence left, my nerves are shattered.

I'm not sure how I got to this, how this could happen to me.I used to be so full of confidence and self esteem and now im a shivvering wreck. Years of bullies at School, then Work, Family and even strangers has taken its toll on me. I need to try and work through this.

Aww hun. First well done on your brilliant loss :)

And you will work through this stuff as you lose weight. I actually think the battle with our mind is a lot longer and harder than our weight. But we will get there i hope :)

Thank you :) You're starting at around where I did when I started this. Well I was over 22 stones. But started counting when I was 17 stones last May. You can and will do this :) Make sure you have smaller goals to focus on. Makes it less daunting :)

I echo everything Bostik said. As you loose weight you will start to gain back some of your confidence. It isn't just about the weight though, it's a long struggle to get your mind on your size. I am certain that as this weight loss journey progresses you will learn alot about yourself, and maybe start to deal with things differently. I know I have.

Lot's of love hun, your loss this week was fab!! :)

Your driven enthusiasm is great motivation. I started a detox diet a few days ago to flush my body out for a healthy eating diet, like a beginning burst. However there were so many restrictions and NOs on what I could and couldn't eat I have given up, and was feeling very low about it. But i've read some new plans and signed up to a diet, and read posts like yours. I am motivated! (its a bit annoying how I always get motivated just as I'm about to go to bed... its never very useful at that time)

Good luck with your diet, I'm going to be calorie counting too and giving myself no more than 1500 calories, (i may even drop that) I hope it all goes well for you. xxx

My legs are so sore today, but determined to at least get in a 3-4 mile walk. Its good for baby aswell, she likes being out and about and saying "Hiya" to everyone lol cheeky wee thing.

Had a bit of a shock when I woke up this morning, I look like I have lost some weight in my face. One of my chins seem to be gone LOL. Any diet i have done before like Cambridge or a "fast" weight loss diet, I have lost around a stone the first week but noticed no difference in appearence. I have only lost 6lb on my scenic route and I am noticing :D So pleased.

Really starting to think I can do this, I am not obsessing with how long it will take but just happy that I will get there and enjoy life as I am going ...

Back