Tip of the Day ;-)

greedyguts1980

Silver Member
I've just stuck some jacket potatoes in the oven for to last me for the week. I stick them in the fridge when they have cooled down, then stick them in the microwave as and when I need them!! Saves so much time!!

I was thinking about this the other day, do they come out of the microwave tasting the same as they would out of the oven or do they taste like they've been microwaved cooked? I really can't stand the way they taste when they're cooked in the micro.

At the mo they are crunchy as!! They come out the microwave lovely after 3 mins if straight from fridge!! Saves some much precious time!!

xxx

I agree they are good, I've done this before to take to work for my lunches. Way nicer as they are cooked properly in the oven first, then wrap em in tin foil and take one with you each day, nuke it in the microwave!!

thats a good idea, i generally do the opposite - so cook them through in the microwave and then crisp up in the oven (stops the 'microwavey' taste) - but this seems v. convenient for work etc x

Anyone got any useful tips to share? xxx

Not sure if this is a tip really but... I have found if I delay having my first shake I manage better throughout the whole day!

I am up around 6.30 but try not to have my shake before 8am. I have a cuppa and a glass or two of water instead....

That's a fab tip Mel!! It helped me today!! xxx

Back