Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, me again. Not had a great night, heart was jumping about a bit and I couldn't really get settled. Feel a bit dizzy and lighted now, hope it goes soon. I thought I'd have a loss this morning but nope. Just had a jiggle now. Not looked outside yet but expecting huge frost so doubt I will get any walk at all in at lunchtime.
Lunch mad, cauliflower soup, mashed avocado, rocket and olives, some ham, cracottes and a few peanuts. Dinner will be same as yesterday, mince and cauliflower. Chat later.

Still a not not great at work. Ive taken 2 paracetamol for a bad headache and hoping i might be experiencing keto flu.

Hope your feeling better. Fingers crossed it was just an unsettled night sleep that has you feeling bad

Didn't improve so left work a bit early. Had a nap but still exhausted. Feels a bit like adrenaline overload. I'm hoping it I sleep well tonight I should feel better. But I did come home and have planned soup, planned salad greens but unplanned and off plan toasted ham and cheese sandwich. I needed something comforting.

Morning, ready for work but not feeling 100% yet. I took some valerian with melatonin last night and slept but still feeling tired and a little bit dizzy. Will try to have a short walk around the car park walk today to get the blood moving but it's bitterly cold out there. I haven't jiggled this morning as don't want to be shaking my brain about too much.
No weight loss today, I thought I'd have a drop but nope. I reckon the toasted sandwich hijacked that. Lunch packed is a burger, salad greens, olives, mashed avocado, soup and brogies. And emergency digestives if needed.
Talk later.

Thanks Simone, feeling so much better now. The walk helped at lunchtime, just a slow wander around the work car park. But am going to take the valerian\melatonin again tonight to be sure of a good rest. Dinner was some savoury mince on a brogie with cheese. Doesn't look like I will have a loss this week and I had very little last week.

Thanks @Simone45 .

Morning all, slept again after taking the melatonin/valerian tablet but a bit of a muggy headache now. Lunch packed and its the almost end of the savoury mince, cheese, some salad leaves and brogies. Ive a burger for dinner tonight and avocado and salad leaves. Will do the shopping today and i think i might get chicken and meatballs for next week and maybe more veg for soup. I still have some skinny noodles left. I also need to get more vitamins, im out of B complex and will need magnesium and glucosimine soon. Only problem is my favourite health food shop selling my favourite brand has been closed for all of covid lockdown. Will see what the numerous chemists and Holland and Barrett have.
Ive a small loss this morning and if i can stay focussed today am on track for a small overall loss this week but not sure. If i knew i would loss 200g every week it would be slow but progress in the right way. But im up and down and all over the place.
Ive ordered 2 more tops online and then finished clothes shoping until i actually need smaller clorhes. Not that i actually need any as i have lots. I ordered a pair of jeggings from H&M and they look terrible on me. Obviously too ling but shortening them is an easy fix. I got large and they fit belly and non existwnt waist. But all wrinkled down my legs as too big for them, and i would never manage to squeeze into the medium, well i might but wouldnt be able to breathe or sit.
Anyhow, thats me for this morning. Windy out here but no snow yet, stay safe and warm

Stay safe.plenty of snow here in west limerick, had to turn round and I'm now waiting for a thaw to go to work but it's still coming down

Morning, scales shows a 700g loss this week. I'm not sure if I believe it or if it will stay but counting it for now.

Morning all, well it's been stormy all night long and still going strong now but doesn't look like any damage done...fingers crossed cos I haven't been outside yet.
Yesterday became a day of carbs, or more specifically bread. Started bad with toast for early breakfast, I had toast and ham. The a toasted cheese and ham sandwich at work at about 12 and then dinner about 6pm was a ham sandwich with crisps and a danish pastry to follow. Sang along to BBC4 TV usual old music Friday night with a bottle of wine. Fell asleep on the couch and woke up there at 6am. Went to bed but didn't sleep at all, have been making jigsaws on the tablet. Going to get up now. I think eggs for breakfast but not sure when and I need some vegetables after having none at all yesterday.
Think I will spend part of the day in the kitchen batch cooking. I have chicken strips and either meatballs or mince. If it's mince I will make pumpkin topped cottage pie, if meatballs then moroccan meatballs with courgettes, I have courgette Provencal in the freezer from the summer glut so just adding Ras al Hangout to it will make the perfect sauce for the meatballs. Im thinking of either a casserole or a curry with the chicken, not sure yet. And I want to make a big batch of soup, the cauliflower one last week was lovely but part of that was the homemade chicken stock. I have an aubergine too and love aubergine tempura, lots of options.
All I have to do first is get out of this bed and put some clothes on.

Wow your batch cooking menu sounds amazing - Moroccan meatballs yum!

Hope the storm has eased up a bit - it was so windy here before, the wind chill factor was minus goodness knows what!

Thanks Susie, it didn't go quite to plan though. It was meatballs so made the moroccan meatballs with the frozen courgette mix in the freezer. I have a few packs left from the summer glut and might last until this year's crop start. Courgettes really are the most satisfying thing to grow. This year's are already started but I forgot about them and may have to start them again. I left them under the stairs to germinate 2 weeks ago and they did. But I didn't take them out in time and are all leggy now. I can sow more seeds later I the year but my aim was to try to have stuffed courgette flowers for Easter lunch. I got the chicken sauteed and had just put the pumpkin into the pressure cooker when the gas went. So that meant I had to change the cooking plan. Luckily the oven is electric so the meatballs and the pumpkin went into the oven to finish. I put some finely chopped cauliflower, onions and peppers in with the chicken and cooked in the oven and then stirred in some greek yogurt and scallions. I will pack both the chicken and the meatballs into containers each with some mashed pumpkin on the side and that's meals sorted for the weeks. About 10 portions I reckon. I also have some breaded chicken breasts for during the week, a perfect handy meal with a mashed avocado and salad leaves. I didn't get to make soup though, plan was cauliflower and broccoli soup. I also have sprouts to cook and aubergine too. Hopefully husband will sort out the gas for me.
Yesterday's breakfast was at about 11am and I had a burger, mashed avocado and salad leaves. Then dinner at about 5pm was some baked battered cod, salad leaves and mayonnaise. I had some (probably too much) dark chocolate. The chocolate isn't so much of a problem as the salted caramel in it.
Still no sign of my exercise bike, I know it takes 10 days to deliver but I haven't received notification yet that it has shipped and that should have been 5th Feb. I've emailed the company but not heard back yet. I will ring them tomorrow if I haven't heard from them.

Last edited:
Very flexible - especially after losing the gas! Are you on bottled or town supply?

Hope you get it back on soon, do you have other heating too? Or is it coats, mittens and wine?!

The chicken sounds lovely too.

Bottled gas but we think we have one outside, it just needs someone to go out in the wind a rain to change it.
I forgot though that we had none when I went to !make breakfast and planned on an omelette. Well I adapted and mixed egg and cheese together and cooked on the waffle maker. Had it with ham, mashed avocado, coleslaw and broken brogie bits. It wasn't really coleslaw as I had no carrot. It was just shredded white cabbage, mayonnaise, a little bit of curry powder and some seeds that I don't know it they where cumin or fenugreek.im threatening to go out for a walk but weather is stormy

Did go out for a walk between showers, only a short 2km but I needed it. My hip is very sore now though, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. I'm really hoping getting weight off will help. I've packed and have the food in the freezer, 10 meals altogether so 2 weeks worth of lunches.

Back